6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

Absolutely brutal for plenty of the game. Gave the ball away time and again.

Can find a beautiful pass, no doubt, but that kind of performance over the course of the season will hurt us more than benefit us.
People refuse to leave this agenda behind.

I’ll say it again. When the day comes that he leaves [& he will] the people falling over themselves to criticise his performances will deserve whatever bargain basement replacement we get.

The guy is unreal & even his own fans don’t see it; if most any other midfielder does that for their team today their fans are hailing him but not United fans because he’s playing alongside greats such as Periera, McTominay & Lingard so he must do better.

This whole agenda with Pogba has so much more to do with it that football because I refuse to believe you can lead your team in all key categories & still your own fans would rather you leave than Matic.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Some really bad decision making and he will cost us if he keeps letting himself be dispossessed in bad positions.

That said, he still got two assists because he is a ridiculously talented footballer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Agenda posters were already out during the first 45 minutes that he downed tools, is lazy and he should be sold. In the 80th minute he runs over the whole field and gives his second assist.

Superb assist for Rashford too.

World class player. He really would walk into every team in the world.
And he looked half fit also, where Chelsea's midfield was obviously targeting him.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Very good last 30 minutes.

Still super frustrating for the majority of the game.

Why not play him instead of Lingard (who doesn't offer much) as the most advanced midfielder?

I don't care if he loses the ball in the opposition half trying to create something, but nothing pisses me off more than him losing the ball in our own half trying some fancy stuff.

macheda14

I’ll say it again. When the day comes that he leaves [& he will] the people falling over themselves to criticise his performances will deserve whatever bargain basement replacement we get.

The guy is unreal & even his own fans don’t see it; if most any other midfielder does that for their team today their fans are hailing him but not United fans because he’s playing alongside greats such as Periera, McTominay & Lingard so he must do better.

This whole agenda with Pogba has so much more to do with it that football because I refuse to believe you can lead your team in all key categories & still your own fans would rather you leave than Matic.
The criticism was completely just. He gave the ball away a lot today. When he’s on his game he is easily one of the best in the world but as the poster said, if he puts in more performances like today we’ll suffer against better teams. It wasn’t a criticism of him as a player as a whole, but his inconsistency

Godfather

Absolutely brutal for plenty of the game. Gave the ball away time and again.

Can find a beautiful pass, no doubt, but that kind of performance over the course of the season will hurt us more than benefit us.
Worst post of the season contender. The guy won the most duels, had the most touches and two beautiful assists yet some ... like you have a moan about him.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
So infuriating. That ridiculous twirly thing he does has to stop. Just pop it off the way you're facing. He looked so imperious once he'd set up the Rashford goal and the game was done. When are we going to see it when things are in the balance? We need him to do it when it counts.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Can you stop with your agenda claims? Some didn't think he was good today. Some did. The poster had no agenda in his post.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Despite two assists, very careless on the ball and defensively. Fred should start the next game, because we can't afford to lose that many balls so close to our goal. When he's on the counter though, he is something else.
:lol:

Halal Jalal

Another masterclass, a performance that Maradona or Zidane would be proud of. 500k/w contract ASAP, no excuses for the board now.

Cliche Guevara

Worst post of the season contender. The guy won the most duels, had the most touches and two beautiful assists yet some ... like you have a moan about him.
Away and don’t talk shite. The assist were beautiful and I love him for them, but he was well dodgy for large parts of the game.

feck all this agenda pish, I say it as I see it and I appreciate the individual moments mean a lot to people but losing the ball repeatedly and misplacing passes time and again is noticeable.

Water Melon

Sloppy in position, brilliant when there is a runner to be found. Wush we had a proper CDM to let play PP further up the pitch.

Reiver

Some of the criticism levelled at him is incredible. Praise him when he deserves it and criticise him when he deserves it but today he had a good game.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wasnt great today. Kept onto it too long at times and was sloppy with his passing. That said, two moments of class led to two goals.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Was at the game, there was a skinhead in his mid 40’s that shouted “get back into position you cnut” quite audibly loud at the stroke of half time as other fans were dying down.

Pogba acknowledged and put his thumbs up and made a sprint back to position.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Thought he was awful until Martial’s goal, after that he took over.

AFC NimbleThumb

Can you stop with your agenda claims? Some didn't think he was good today. Some did. The poster had no agenda in his post.
I have an agenda against the agenda. So no.

The criticism is unjustified but that’s of course my opinion, & given how uneven some of the discussions are on here I feel compelled to say something.

Pogba will have some absolutely horrible performances this season but this wasn’t one; I honestly wonder what people expect from the guy as he is held to such a higher standard than his peers.

We’ve just won 4-0 & he was instrumental yet people rush in here to say he wasn’t very good & point out his flaws. That to me is an agenda.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People couldn't wait to eat him alive in the match thread. Impatient cnunts :lol:

TsuWave

Get midfielders around him that can ball. this man can unlock any team. Special talent.

Art Vandelay

I have an agenda against the agenda. So no.

The criticism is unjustified but that’s of course my opinion, & given how uneven some of the discussions are on here I feel compelled to say something.

Pogba will have some absolutely horrible performances this season but this wasn’t one; I honestly wonder what people expect from the guy as he is held to such a higher standard than his peers.

We’ve just won 4-0 & he was instrumental yet people rush in here to say he wasn’t very good & point out his flaws. That to me is an agenda.
Is refusing to acknowledge his flaws not also an agenda? He was good and bad today, like he often is. If he didn't have flaws there'd be none to point out.

Most of our players were good and bad today, we were shit for spells of the first half. Why pretend it didn't happen?

NinjaFletch

The Pogba problem in a nutshell really. Big part of why we were overrun for large periods of the game, some really bizarre decisions on the ball, and then two beautiful moment of quality to put the game to bed.

He's definitely got something no one else has, but I'm still not sure we're any closer to working out a system to get the most out of him and cover for the areas he doesn't do quite as well.

RooneyLegend

Are people aware that in the first half no one could really keep the ball in our side?

Raven

A bit sloppy at times, but Chelsea were pressing really well and specifically targeting him, so whilst not ideal, it's certainly forgivable given the master class he pulled off in the second half.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Also lets stop overreacting, we all know when hes match fit he doesnt lose the ball that many times. Even against really big sides that press well.

TsuWave

He looked so imperious once he'd set up the Rashford goal and the game was done. When are we going to see it when things are in the balance? We need him to do it when it counts.
So he set up the Rashford goal that effectively killled the game, and your next sentence is “we need him to do it when it counts” :confused:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Give over. He was very poor for 60 minutes.

Much better after that and a brilliant pass, but could’ve cost us losing the ball doing unnecessary stuff in the first half.

Anyone that can’t see that should be banned from this thread.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Are people aware that in the first half no one could really keep the ball in our side?
No one else was spinning around on the half way line and trying to get away from our box with fancy footwork when there’s a pass on. He needs to learn what’s needed when.

AFC NimbleThumb

Is refusing to acknowledge his flaws not also an agenda? He was good and bad today, like he often is. If he didn't have flaws there'd be none to point out.

Most of our players were good and bad today, we were shit for spells of the first half. Why pretend it didn't happen?
You start your reply asking “is refusing to acknowledge his flaws also not an agenda”, but my 3rd paragraph states ‘Pogba will have some absolutely horrible performances this season’.

So honestly I’m not going to reply to the points in your post because you’ve obviously not read mine.

The nature of football means that 100% accuracy in any department is very unlikely, with a player like Pogba who can often dally over the simplest pass it is near enough impossible - people are asking for a balanced view when I think I’ve given one.

Rushing in here to highlight Pogba’s lack of 100% pass accuracy & begrudgingly mentioning his assists as though they weren’t key to the win isn’t a ‘balanced view’.

I’ve criticised performances from today but I come in here to support a player & suddenly I’m ignoring all issues because everything begins & ends with Pogba for some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.