6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

fps

I have been pondering this too, with Scott providing the legs on the right.

I think against some of the worse teams on the league this needs to be trialed.
The inability to get *up* against "lower" teams in the league last season was horrific. There would be worse things to do than put in young, hungry players for those matches who would cover every blade and play the match like it was a cup final.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
The inability to get *up* against "lower" teams in the league last season was horrific. There would be worse things to do than put in young, hungry players for those matches who would cover every blade and play the match like it was a cup final.
Very good point. I just want to see the lads trying, the fact that we ran less than any other league team was embarrassing.

In Rainbows

Been saying it in other threads and i'll say it again. Gomes as the #10 with Pogba behind him in a pivot could potentially be the the season defining combo. I'm just hoping Ole sees it the same way.
I have them switched. Gomes as the pivot and Pogba as the 8.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I have them switched. Gomes as the pivot and Pogba as the 8.
That could work too.. I'm just hoping we see both players together pulling the strings to provide the creativity we need in the midfield. I really believe that combo together would make us a very dangerous team with their touch/technique and vision, which in turn would make our forwards even more potent.

In Rainbows

That could work too.. I'm just hoping we see both players together pulling the strings to provide the creativity we need in the midfield. I really believe that combo together would make us a very dangerous team with their touch/technique and vision, which in turn would make our forwards even more potent.
Agreed. With Pogba and Gomes, the core of our team is very technical which is where we should be headed. If Greenwood can make the step up along with Gomes, it further iterates that step up in technical quality. Add in Sancho next season on the right and we're as technical as any side in football.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed. With Pogba and Gomes, the core of our team is very technical which is where we should be headed. If Greenwood can make the step up along with Gomes, it further iterates that step up in technical quality. Add in Sancho next season on the right and we're as technical as any side in football.
:drool:

Tiber

Ignore the moaners, he is so important to our chances of doing anything special this year. His passing is magnificent

MAME DIOUF 32

I didn't think he was that bad in the first half. Unplayable in the second. Would be interested in seeing how much ground he covered because I thought he was everywhere.

Bwuk

When we have runners and movement for him to hit he’ll get assists for fun.

Cliche Guevara

Absolutely brutal for plenty of the game. Gave the ball away time and again.

Can find a beautiful pass, no doubt, but that kind of performance over the course of the season will hurt us more than benefit us.

flappyjay

A very Pogba performance. Frustrating but can pull out moments of magic like that

Stadjer

Agenda posters were already out during the first 45 minutes that he downed tools, is lazy and he should be sold. In the 80th minute he runs over the whole field and gives his second assist.

Superb assist for Rashford too.

World class player. He really would walk into every team in the world.

arnie_ni

If he has movement he will get assists for fun. 2 already. Pass for the first was fantastic

slored1

Despite two assists, very careless on the ball and defensively. Fred should start the next game, because we can't afford to lose that many balls so close to our goal. When he's on the counter though, he is something else.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
First half he was poor, second half he was good. 2 assists were unreal, the pass for the first and the second assist only he (among CMs) is capable of something like that who can make those driving runs from deep and take on so many players. That was just unbelievably good.

He made very good contribution for sure but thought his overall game wasn't as good today. He is capable of much better than this.

arnie_ni

Can find a beautiful pass, no doubt, but that kind of performance over the course of the season will hurt us more than benefit us.
2 assists will win you most games tbh

L1nk

Best and worst of him in the same match, two good assists, the one to Rashford is him at his best. But, far too often today he was caught in possession and dawdling, against the likes of City and Liverpool we'd of probably been punished, needs to sort that out, but, continues to show that despite the mistakes he is our most important midfielder bar none.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was even a little sloppy today, but he’s made from Versace silk. One of the footballers that are in the midfield because of his football, rather than his effort, running etc. We needed his quality today, there isn’t too much of it elsewhere.

marktan

Yeah, because having someone who can get 2 great assists season long will hurt us.

I do get what you mean on giving the ball away, which is why I think we need a DM and then we can push Pogba to AM where he can try more of those dribbles with less risk.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
His passing won us the game really. He's a bit sloppy in our defensive third but he had a top game. Hopefully he's buying into this new style Ole team.

mu4c_20le

Once again we see both the good and bad in him.... the thing is, when he's good, he's genuinely fecking world class.

Toad

Quite a few sloppy moments where he lost possession but it’s those 3 or 4 moments of brilliance each game that make him well worth it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He did very well but he needs to keep it simple. Away game will look ugly if he keeps lose the ball easily.

Gomes

Imagine Matic giving away balls like he did today. Against Liverpool and City he would have cost United two goals.

Pass for Rashford goal was amazing.

arnie_ni

Despite two assists, very careless on the ball and defensively. Fred should start the next game, because we can't afford to lose that many balls so close to our goal. When he's on the counter though, he is something else.
Fred that wasnt even in the squad for today should start ahead of the man that delivered 2 assists?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We saw the best and worse of Paul today, but that’s why we need him in the team.

2 beautiful moments of genius that not many players can pull out.

I’m sure he will tidy the rest of his game as the minutes come.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
He did well the entire game. He was very sloppy in the first half but he got constantly pressed and intercepted the ball. Excellent in the second half.

DON’T PANIC ™

Those moments when he tries to hold off players and loses possession are so frustrating. He clearly has the ability to thread a pass as he demonstrated a number of times today, but those other times if he released the pass a second earlier we’d create so many more chances. He’s still the best we have and I only wish we’d signed another midfielder to share the creative responsibility.

Reactions: Penna
Status
Not open for further replies.