6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

World class player doing world class things. Nothing new to be added.

AFC NimbleThumb

Give over. He was very poor for 60 minutes.

Much better after that and a brilliant pass, but could’ve cost us losing the ball doing unnecessary stuff in the first half.

Anyone that can’t see that should be banned from this thread.
Glad to know all opinions are valid in here. So if I don’t think he was “Very poor for 60 minutes” I should be banned from a thread :lol: Your post is an idiot.

Read my reply to Art V if you’re actually interested in understanding what is written over pushing an age. . .[never mind] :nono:

Rossa

Away and don’t talk shite. The assist were beautiful and I love him for them, but he was well dodgy for large parts of the game.

feck all this agenda pish, I say it as I see it and I appreciate the individual moments mean a lot to people but losing the ball repeatedly and misplacing passes time and again is noticeable.
You are spot on mate, but some posters are far too considerate with certain players. He lost the ball numerous times doing stupid, silly stuff when he could have made an easy pass. Then he makes two brilliant assists. He is world class and atrocious in the same match if he can improve his bottom level, he'll be in contention for best midfielder in the world.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
You can have the opinion that he had a bad game up until our 2nd goal without having an agenda. I lost count on how many times he hit a pass on the closest Chelsea leg or tried to shield the ball only to fall down and lose it in the first hour of the game, and that isn't deleted from the history books just because he picked up his game and delivered two amazing assists later on.

SAFMUTD

Even having a poor game he managed to get two assists, both really impressive.

WORLD CLASS.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Glad to know all opinions are valid in here. So if I don’t think he was “Very poor for 60 minutes” I should be banned from a thread :lol: Your post is an idiot.

Read my reply to Art V if you’re actually interested in understanding what is written over pushing an age. . .[never mind] :nono:
Yeah, should be threadbanned for talking complete rubbish and ruining these performance threads because you can’t see reality and throw around the ‘agenda’ word for anyone who can.

I came in to praise Pogba for what he did while being critical of the obvious, but it’s no surprise to see this kind of thing again. Sick to death of it and have decided to make a point of it this season instead of trying to debate, because that never happens anyway. :)

mancan92

The funny thing is if you watch this game from pogba and go watch any game from zidane the only difference is if you have a great dm behind you it covers for when you give the ball away.

He was great and his ability is ridiculous. I’d have him with maguire as motm

izzydiggler

Just a microcosm of Pogba today. Poor for long periods, same annoyances as for the last 3 years but can do things other players just can’t.

Over the course of the season, he’ll frustrate and delight, give great performances and poor ones, be the difference maker whether it’s unlocking a defence or giving the ball away. Don’t see any change and depending on which side you’re on, the opinions of fans as to whether that’s fine or not.

He’s always going to divide opinion and it’ll be a mix through the season.

KennyBurner

He gave away a record number of passes and was pretty poor yet ended up with 2 assists. i really just dont understand why he won't try and fix his limitations to the game. At what point does he realize that he doesnt need to mess around in his position?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Put Chelsea to the sword with a couple of devastating blows right to Lampard's bollocks..

Art

Art the artist
Whether he loses possession or not, he will create more than one clear cut goal scoring opportunity every game. If our forwards can be lethal enough, it will be assist for days for Paul. He is integral for our success. His skillset is so unique. We simply can't afford to lose him.

Halal Jalal

Just imagine being a Real Madrid fan and seeing your club waste money on the chubby little Belgian instead of our midfield maestro :devil:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just a microcosm of Pogba today. Poor for long periods, same annoyances as for the last 3 years but can do things other players just can’t.

Over the course of the season, he’ll frustrate and delight, give great performances and poor ones, be the difference maker whether it’s unlocking a defence or giving the ball away. Don’t see any change and depending on which side you’re on, the opinions of fans as to whether that’s fine or not.

A very good summary.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yeah, should be threadbanned for talking complete rubbish and ruining these performance threads because you can’t see reality and throw around the ‘agenda’ word for anyone who can.

I came in to praise Pogba for what he did while being critical of the obvious, but it’s no surprise to see this kind of thing again. Sick to death of it and have decided to make a point of it this season instead of trying to debate, because that never happens anyway. :)
Alright Adolf, calm down. “You should be threadbanned for talking rubbish”. I love how some characters on here seem to know posters better than they know themselves.

You’ve no idea what I think of Pogba’s performances, for all you know I may agree with you that he was underperforming for 60 minutes but you’ve got a bee in your bonnet because you don’t like what I’ve said.

If this forum threadbans people because you’re “sick to death” of differing opinions then it’s not a forum.

“ruining these performance threads” didn’t realise praising AWB & Maguire for today’s performances was such an unpopular opinion.

I’m willing to agree to disagree on this one cause we’re going nowhere. Thought this was a forum for United fans to discuss things but apparently it’s full of age. . .[oops].

Dyslexic Untied

Bang on.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

I wonder if the issue is perhaps not the fact that he's very good but inconsistent - but more the fact we've often had to rely on him as being central to the team when he's not necessarily that type of player. Plenty of clubs have erratic players who can be inspiring one week and poor the next (or even in the same game), but clubs who balance their team well will generally not rely on that player to essentially be the heartbeat of the team, which is what's often been demanded of him here.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Loads of sloppy moments, but hes a game changer and our best outfield player by a mile. On the other hand though, does this guy ever get freekicks? Hes getting manhandled all game and the ref gives him nothing, but the second he sends some featherweight cnut flying simply by standing there, he gets penalized

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Alright Adolf, calm down. “You should be threadbanned for talking rubbish”. I love how some characters on here seem to know posters better than they know themselves.

You’ve no idea what I think of Pogba’s performances, for all you know I may agree with you that he was underperforming for 60 minutes but you’ve got a bee in your bonnet because you don’t like what I’ve said.

If this forum threadbans people because you’re “sick to death” of differing opinions then it’s not a forum.

“ruining these performance threads” didn’t realise praising AWB & Maguire for today’s performances was such an unpopular opinion.

I’m willing to agree to disagree on this one cause we’re going nowhere. Thought this was a forum for United fans to discuss things but apparently it’s full of age. . .[oops].
It’s not about differing opinions. It’s predictably throwing the agenda word around at anyone criticising the player, despite it being blindingly obvious.

It happens nonstop on the caf and it’s tedious at this point. Easily one of the worst things about the forum. It’s certainly not the fantastic debate of two differing opinions you’re making it out to be.

Cliche Guevara

It’s not about differing opinions. It’s predictably throwing the agenda word around at anyone criticising the player, despite it being blindingly obvious.

It happens nonstop on the caf and it’s tedious at this point. Easily one of the worst things about the forum. It’s certainly not the fantastic debate of two differing opinions you’re making it out to be.
Yeah, the irony of that guy’s posts. Comes in flinging agenda accusations about and then gets all pissy saying everyone is entitled to an opinion.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think it is ok to criticize the bad things he did (losing the ball, complaining too much, expecting FKs instead of playing) while acknowledging that without him we are fecked. His creativity in unvaluable for our team.
Criticism doesn't make you a hater just like praise doesn't make you a fanboi

AFC NimbleThumb

I said the word agenda & you’ve blamed me for it happening non stop on the caf & being the worst thing on the forum. If you don’t see the stupidity in that scenario then perhaps you should threadban yourself.

It’s a game of football, a game of opinions yet you’re that egotistical that “throwing the agenda word around at anyone criticising the player, despite it being blindingly obvious.” because someone may not agree with your appraisal of a players performance. Again, you don’t actually know what I think of Pogba’s performance.

But to clarify for you as you appear hard of reading & haven't asked me.

I do NOT think that criticism of Pogba automatically means there is an agenda; I also believe that some [not all] posters will downplay his positives & up play his negatives to suit their agendas.

Can we not leave it here, we’re no longer discussing his performances. You’re in fact trying to get me threadbanned; it’s almost as if you have an agen[oh sorry]

kiristao

There is no denying he is the best player and passer we have. One of the best passers in the league as well. But his decision making is poor. Dilly dallies for too long sometimes and loses the ball and in bad positions. That's what is infuriating.
If he gave the ball away while trying a killer pass as often as he gets caught on it, I don't think there would be too many complains.
He also needs a better player than Periera alongside him so that he doesn't get closed down as quickly as he does because teams know he is our only real creative threat.

RooneyLegend

No one else was spinning around on the half way line and trying to get away from our box with fancy footwork when there’s a pass on. He needs to learn what’s needed when.
What pass was on cause everyone was hiding due to Chelsea's pressing?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, the irony of that guy’s posts. Comes in flinging agenda accusations about and then gets all pissy saying everyone is entitled to an opinion.
I’ve stuck him on ignore now. I can make the caf a less frustrating place to be for myself, if no one else.
Nowt worse than ‘agenda’ flingers.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You could the see the moment he flicked a switch when he realized this United team is deadly going forward and there is SOME potential there.

Ace of Spades

He was poor in the first half. Much better in the second. Just needs to know when and where to keep things simple and moving, and when and where to try something fancy and tricky.

podurban2

I think it is ok to criticize the bad things he did (losing the ball, complaining too much, expecting FKs instead of playing) while acknowledging that without him we are fecked. His creativity in unvaluable for our team.
Couldn't agree more. It's not black or white. I like him but gosh he's frustrating as well.

AFC NimbleThumb

But apparently praise without criticism makes you a ‘fanboi’ where as criticism without praise makes you. . . right.

I just find it startling that being supportive of our best player draws such ire from certain parts of the fanbase but had I called him s*** etc. for 60 minutes it’d all be fine.

We’ve just won a game 4-0 & ‘fans’ of the club are foaming at the mouth to tell everyone how rubbish our best player was for the majority of the game.

He didn’t have a good first half, maybe more, I forgot that Keane & Robson were great every 90+ minutes they played.

You are spot on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Correct. Today was classic Pogba. Equally brilliant and infuriating. On another day his performance would have lost us that match, yet today he won it. Such an enigma of a player.

Terminator

It was frustrating watching him hold the ball for a long time and lift his head up and yet no runners were available. He always wants to push the game forward. Think we just dont have the players for how he wants to play the game. Should just keep it simple and move on, he wont get a great deal of movement around him at United.

ManRed

Was so sloppy at times and world class in others. Typical Pogba performance.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was frustrating watching him hold the ball for a long time and lift his head up and yet no runners were available. He always wants to push the game forward. Think we just dont have the players for how he wants to play the game. Should just keep it simple and move on, he wont get a great deal of movement around him at United.
Nah, him repeatedly taking too many touches can’t be blamed on other players. Well done for trying though.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Slow to start but when he finally hit the right gear he was phenomenal. He needs more assistance in midfield so he can be let go forward more.

Status
Not open for further replies.