g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Paul Pogba image 6

Paul Pogba France flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
And Pogba's solution to that is not to play a whole football match for almost a whole season?
No but if he feels he comes back to early and reinjures himself it then potentially puts him out again for another 3+ months and that point he becomes touch and go for the summer

Just speculation on my behalf but he's never not rushed back from a spell out before, last season he even played the first game without a pre-season

BigBebe

Ole's pre game quotes were strange anyway. He "would think" Pogba was travelling with us and he thinks the Burnley game "probably" was too soon for him. Has he any idea what is going on with him?
I also thought Ole's wording was strange. If Pogba does not make the team today then it indicates to me that Ole is not in control of the situation which really puts his credibility into question.

I am less worried about Pogba playing than I am that Ole is looking even weaker than he already was.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Do people really think that Raiola is taking the initiative with those comments ?

Clearly the player wants him to make the comments (and i'm not talking just about Pogba here).

Pogba is just acting as a coward here. He does not want to damage the relationship with the fans in case we don't want to sell and he has to stay. It's the smart thing to do really, and i don't blame him for doing that, he's looking for himself.

We should let him go, he is not worth it. He never gave us a full good season and in this season, he barely played, we had a ghost for half a year.

And to people saying "he wants to win trophies", com'on now, he is part of the team, if he wants to win trophies, he should play like the record signing he is. instead, we have a few months of good performances here and there and a lot of moaning.
It may not be so smart tbh, fans aren't naive to think that. If he wants to go, I really hope the club can sell him with a decent fee to help us improve as a team.

midnightmare

Ole's pre game quotes were strange anyway. He "would think" Pogba was travelling with us and he thinks the Burnley game "probably" was too soon for him. Has he any idea what is going on with him?
I also thought Ole's wording was strange. If Pogba does not make the team today then it indicates to me that Ole is not in control of the situation which really puts his credibility into question.

I am less worried about Pogba playing than I am that Ole is looking even weaker than he already was.
The pre-Arsenal PC was pre-recorded. Was done immediately after the Burnley game itself.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Completely agree. It's really frustrating when players criticise everyone but themselves for the team's lack of success.

Of course the club would be improved by more quality but the team would be more successful if the star player and talisman performed more often.

In particular one that was so adamant that he had to play in an advanced role on the left of a 3 in midfield with minimal defensive responsibility. Set the team up to suit me but if the team doesn't perform it's everyone else's fault.

It was like Rooney criticising the club for a lack of top class signings and then asking for a transfer when they signed one better than him in his position!
When did that happen? And something that hasn't been quoted on twitter as far as I know, Raiola did say that Pogba blames himself for the lack of results of the team.

HJ12

How do we know he's not in the squad? He wasn't part of the travelling group but nothing stops him from travelling directly from his charity match in France to London. Truth is we probably won't know until we hear the official pre-game interviews.

Reactions: Sultan

GoldanoGraham

This has become a complete circus - Pogba and his agent are dominating all discusssions at one of the biggest clubs in the world while they publicly throw their toys out of the pram......

look, we all know we are not where we want to be right now but we need players that want to put the graft in to get us back into contention, for all the great attributes that Pogba offers as a player, having your back and being in the trenches with you isn’t one of them.....

He is a show pony that is only interested in himself and himself - we need to move on from this now - we are never getting the player we thought we were getting - that player only exists if he’s in a star studded team where they can sroll over the opposition easily and he can stroll around looking famous - he isn’t cut out for the PL because he isn’t of the right mindset - him and his agent are detrimental to the club and his teammates and the sooner he is gone the better - hard to replace people say but let’s be realistic and tell me honestly how many games has he really performed in for Utd?

Handful at best.....

Dan_F

Could it be something as simple as an injury? Everything else could simply be guesswork and theories.
Could be, but if so travelling to France for a charity event isn’t ideal. It’s almost like it’s being done on purpose.

Strelok

How do we know he's not in the squad? He wasn't part of the travelling group but nothing stops him from travelling directly from his charity match in France to London. Truth is we probably won't know until we hear the official pre-game interviews.
Why the feck he's in France for his charity match while we're in the middle of the festive run ?

RUCK4444

Why don’t we give him the benefit of the doubt before hammering him again.

Sounds to me like Raiola is upset about United’s stance on Halaand and has mouthed off on Italian Radio.

GoldanoGraham

For a social media fanboy - surely a post to clarify all the speculation would be quite simple?

“gutted I’m not quite fit enough to face Arsenal....but come on you reds!.....”

simple?

No - let’s keep fanning the flames .....

The Urban Goose

Hopefully when Pogba fecks off he'll take some of our moaning, everything Ole does is shite/everything Pogba does is amazing/Raiola speaks the truth "fans" with him; the club will instantly be a better place.

Odin

The guile spewed about Paul Pogba on this forum is unwarranted, tedious and damaging to the clubs appeal for possible transfer targets - and to the fanbase's self-esteem. But carry on with your heavy duty, you supporters-of-your-own-agenda.

Reactions: Sultan

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Are we at the point now where Pogba can pick and choose when he plays and if he fancies doing some charity work or whatever instead of rocking up to play for United, then thats fine.

Strelok

He never played - he was the manager.
Him playing or not is not the matter here.

As a professional he should be in the team training and preparing for the Arsenal match not going to France for his personal business.

He's currently fit and without any injure I think? If yes I've lost words how could this was allowed.

POF

When did that happen? And something that hasn't been quoted on twitter as far as I know, Raiola did say that Pogba blames himself for the lack of results of the team.
Mourinho's last full season. Multiple times, most notably after the Everton game. Then he had his massive sulk after being played in a midfield 2 at Spurs.

There is just way too much drama with Pogba. He "loves" Ole so things will be different? Less drama?

Nope, Raiola is still running his mouth and Pogba himself came out in public to say he wanted a new challenge.

I really hope he plays at Arsenal because if he misses that game he will make Ole look a complete pillock.

He's the club's best player by a long way but if Ole is going to succeed with his culture reset, he can't have this sort of drama surrounding his star player.

JPRouve

Scout
Mourinho's last full season. Multiple times, most notably after the Everton game. Then he had his massive sulk after being played in a midfield 2 at Spurs.

There is just way too much drama with Pogba. He "loves" Ole so things will be different? Less drama?

Nope, Raiola is still running his mouth and Pogba himself came out in public to say he wanted a new challenge.

I really hope he plays at Arsenal because if he misses that game he will make Ole look a complete pillock.

He's the club's best player by a long way but if Ole is going to succeed with his culture reset, he can't have this sort of drama surrounding his star player.
Show me exactly where and no made up sulking nonsense, please.

Strelok

I don't think he would, both playing or not playing and make Ole looks stupid.

First, he hasn't been training or involved in the match preparation process with the team prior to the match. If a player is such, simply he should not play.

Second, this is what Ole said:

"When asked in his pre-match press conference, conducted at Turf Moor after Saturday’s 2-0 win over Burnley, whether he thought our no.6 would travel down to London, the boss was positive in his reply.

“Yeah, I would think so,” Ole told reporters."

So he just doesn't know whether he'd turn up or not, not even talking about him playing. The whole situation seems to be out of his hands imo.

However given Ole seems to really care about the right cultural building work ethic stuff it'd be a big surprise for me if Pogba would play.

Giggsyking

So he does not train with the team, goes whenever he wants, come back whenever he wants.

Odin

Fans getting riled up about our manager not giving 100% assurances about our star players involvement ahead of a match can not have been involved in a lot of strategic mind games. Every statement does not serve the same purpose. If you honestly try to interprete Solskjærs statements in between games (and for the duration of his tenure) you might actually find more consistency than the wobbles of a knee-jerk fanbase. Just my two cents. Turning to more pressing matters in life, and hopefully a good game this evening. Onwards and upwards!

POF

Show me exactly where and no made up sulking nonsense, please.
He did an interview live on Sky (I think) after the Everton game where he said that was the position he wanted to play. Mourinho commented on it being the position Pogba wanted to play in multiple interviews/press conferences in the weeks that followed.

Jose also moved Lingard from number 10 (when he was actually in amazing form) to right of a midfield 3 shortly after to compensate.

Don't you remember all of the threads on here about Pogba only being able to play in a 3, Jose ruining him playing him in a 2 when everyone knows he can only play in a 3, etc?

Then he won the world cup in a midfield 2!

DickDastardly

His last two cameo performances were quite good, he looked up to the challenge.

I would love to see a string of full game performances before making any kind of judgement on his play or attitude.

The fact is we know shit. Where he is, or where should he be.

It's down to Ole and him to work it out.

JPRouve

Scout
He did an interview live on Sky (I think) after the Everton game where he said that was the position he wanted to play. Mourinho commented on it being the position Pogba wanted to play in multiple interviews/press conferences in the weeks that followed.

Jose also moved Lingard from number 10 (when he was actually in amazing form) to right of a midfield 3 shortly after to compensate.

Don't you remember all of the threads on here about Pogba only being able to play in a 3, Jose ruining him playing him in a 2 when everyone knows he can only play in a 3, etc?

Then he won the world cup in a midfield 2!
The threads had nothing to do with what Pogba said or didn't say. It was based on what he did with Juventus and as far as I know Pogba has never been adamant about a position or a role and french journalists have tried that one for many years with France.

HJ12

So he does not train with the team, goes whenever he wants, come back whenever he wants.
Haha, no I never said or implied that. We don't know whether the club approved his trip or not, so can't really say that he's doing something against United's wishes. Nor do we know what training programme the club's put him on since returning from injury. I'm simply pointing out that the pitchforks are out already before all the information has come to light. I'm by no means trying to defend the guy - if it turns out that he's been messing with the club then he can pack his bags.

POF

I don't think he would, both playing or not playing and make Ole looks stupid.

First, he hasn't been training or involved in the match preparation process with the team prior to the match. If a player is such, simply he should not play.

Second, this is what Ole said:

"When asked in his pre-match press conference, conducted at Turf Moor after Saturday’s 2-0 win over Burnley, whether he thought our no.6 would travel down to London, the boss was positive in his reply.

“Yeah, I would think so,” Ole told reporters."

So he just doesn't know whether he'd turn up or not, not even talking about him playing. The whole situation seems to be out of his hands imo.

However given Ole seems to really care about the right cultural building work ethic stuff it'd be a big surprise for me if Pogba would play.
Ole's comments above also followed his comment after Pogba missed the Burnley game because he "wasn't quite ready and needed an extra day". Not that he wasn't fit but he needed an extra day. There's more than a day between the Burnley and Arsenal games, which is how I read "I would think so".

This is what frustrates me with Pogba. Any other player and the explanations are clear. He's injured, not match fit, etc. With Pogba, it's always really cryptic.

Hopefully it's all a ploy to surprise Arsenal and he's ready to start at the Emirates.

Dan_F

He was only the manager and everyone at United had the day off. So it is perfectly fine ffs.
Everyone had the day off because they’d just played two games in the space of 48 hours. He should be completing resting his ankle if it’s flared up again. I’m a massive fan of his, but it doesn’t make sense that we’d let him do that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
For a social media fanboy - surely a post to clarify all the speculation would be quite simple?

“gutted I’m not quite fit enough to face Arsenal....but come on you reds!.....”

simple?

No - let’s keep fanning the flames .....
It would if he was reasoning as a fan but I don't think pro players care much about us

laughtersassassin

Everyone had the day off because they’d just played two games in the space of 48 hours. He should be completing resting his ankle if it’s flared up again. I’m a massive fan of his, but it doesn’t make sense that we’d let him do that.
Getting on a plane meant he wasn't resting his ankle? Who knew

Thiagoal

TBH our performances without him against ‘the big six’ have been superb this season so I’m far from bothered if he’s out! Matic and Fred were great against Burnley

POF

The threads had nothing to do with what Pogba said or didn't say. It was based on what he did with Juventus and as far as I know Pogba has never been adamant about a position or a role and french journalists have tried that one for many years with France.
So you're saying multiple threads about a player's best position and an interview by that player that happened shortly afterwards (following a United match) where he stated his favourite position were unrelated?

Ok then.

theklr

Thats one part of it - the other is that it is stupid to confirm or deny if your best player can play, if he is in doubt.

Arteta would probably tweak his tactic if he knew if Paul is or isn’t playing beforehand.

Ole has done these things before.

Cela shomana

I like the guy but quite frankly, the best decision is to let the guy go. The negativity that comes with having him is not worth it especially at a stage where we are rebuilding. Sell him and invest the money wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.