6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

fergiesarmy1

Are players just supposed to stay home if they’re injured?

Didn’t realise it was written into the contract that he’s not allowed to go and see a charity game if he’s injured?

Players have lives outside of the pitch and we all have our opinions on how they should be but they don’t have to conform to whatever standard you apply.

He might not be fit enough to play top level football (the difference between match fitness in a PL game and what the rest of us consider fitness is huge remember) but he could easily walk and certainly sit down on a plane or watch a charity match.

You’re angry because he’s not living up to what you want which clouds your view, that’s not logic, it’s just emotion. And don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a cancer and we should get rid to save ourselves all this fuss but there are rational reasons for everything that’s happening with him lately that don’t include him just taking the piss.
A lot of professional athletes pull out of events due to injury - how many times do you see it in football testimonials, it’s actually called being a professional.

Paul_Scholes18

Whatever the truth is we are not dealing with this well. If he is on his way out why can't he be in the squad today?
If he is injuried then our medical department has not been dealing with this well.

matsdf

What? Why are people not believing that he's injured? People get injured, and stay injured all the time.

Litch

He had ankle surgery. Don't give a shit about him but people need to think.
People are behaving like he's the first player to want out.
No way are we giving him an excuse by saying hes injured if he isn't.
Dalot and Bailly haven't played in ages as well. Do they want out?
Exactly. They haven't even played yet. He's leaving at some point but like I said, if he doesn't play cause he refusing and the club then doesn't play him, he's potentially fecked up his chances of playing at the Euros. Makes zero sense.

cyberman

Yes I can if it's in the best interest of achieving success on the pitch. There's no argument from me regarding his ability, and when he's dialed in we can blow the doors off almost anyone, but what does keeping him around if he doesnt want to be here achieve? This is speculation on my part because it never happened, but I think we'd be better off with say Bruno Fernandes taking his spot rather than the situation we're in at the moment. If Pogba has his head in it and is motivated, I wouldn't swap him for a single player not named De Bruyne, but that doesnt seem to be the case. What's more is his value will continue to drop if he can't be arsed to play.
Whats he done to sabotage our success? If he were out there underperforming then fine but I dont understand your point.
Hes not holding us back in any way and we arent giving away our prized assets just in case theyre a bit upset.
Zaha can perform, Hazard did. Ronaldo took us to a CL final and won the league when he was told to stay. Hell De Gea had his best ever season post fax gate.
How this is Uniteds fault i just dont know

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I thought he did based on this article:

BBC said:
Pogba has played only six times this season, having required surgery to correct his ankle problem.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50816540

But it seems like he didn't based on this article:

Tribal Football said:
But Le 10 Sport says Pogba has rejected the recommendation as he doesn't want to waste more time on the sidelines.
https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/pogba-rejects-man-utd-surgery-recommendation-4308872

Now I'm just confused. Either way, it's premature to accuse him of feigning injury.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Exactly. They haven't even played yet. He's leaving at some point but like I said, if he doesn't play cause he refusing and the club then doesn't play him, he's potentially fecked up his chances of playing at the Euros. Makes zero sense.
He'll play and start and be key for France in the Euros regardless of if he plays this season, so long as he's fit come the summer.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Souness press conference just starting.

izec

He's a racist twat who thinks black players are not worth as much as a marketable non black person. I assumed it was common knowledge tbf.
Zidane will tell him he is his key player and then everything is fine. I am also sure Perez is a Mbappe fan, so i do believe he will pay up for black players as well if they are top players. I think this is not an issue

izec

This is the real world, not football manager or FIFA. There needs to be a willing buyer, a fee and clauses need to be agreed, and player terms need to be agreed. No team in world football can just sell players on a whim, especially in January.
That was more an idea for the summer. Real can pay if they want, they can just ask for a credit or whatever Barca do to afford players they cant afford. Ask a Real Madrid fan on this forum if they have 100m and you will get an answer that they have if they want a player. In Spain it works a bit different than in England. The question is more if they want to pay for Pogba, rather than if they have the money.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's a racist twat who thinks black players are not worth as much as a marketable non black person. I assumed it was common knowledge tbf.
Presumably he loosened this "Racist" behaviour, when signing the original Ronaldo and Robinho?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Are players just supposed to stay home if they’re injured?

Didn’t realise it was written into the contract that he’s not allowed to go and see a charity game if he’s injured?

Players have lives outside of the pitch and we all have our opinions on how they should be but they don’t have to conform to whatever standard you apply.

He might not be fit enough to play top level football (the difference between match fitness in a PL game and what the rest of us consider fitness is huge remember) but he could easily walk and certainly sit down on a plane or watch a charity match.

You’re angry because he’s not living up to what you want which clouds your view, that’s not logic, it’s just emotion. And don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a cancer and we should get rid to save ourselves all this fuss but there are rational reasons for everything that’s happening with him lately that don’t include him just taking the piss.
Why are you buying he's injured? How did he suddenly get injured between Ole saying 48 games is too soon for him, and him going to the charity game? Did he trip over at home?

This is what I don't understand. People just think he's injured again because Ole said so. It's so blatantly obvious he's on his way out and can't be fecked to play anymore. He's now out for an undisclosed period of time all of a sudden, come on, use the logic. It's not just "Ole said he's injured so he's injured".

I'm not angry and I never will be because Pogba has done what I expected to the day he joined the club. I'd never call him a cancer though that's too much.

Member 90887

What if, and I know it will be hard for you to imagine this, he's actually injured?

It's weird that fans with 0 medical insight or details about the situation can brazenly claim a professional athlete is lying about an injury. I mean it's not like he had surgery on that ankle :rolleyes:
It is not just about that. It's about his agent's comment coming less than a week before the winter window and Pogba being conveniently injured just then.

I am not saying he is not injured or he is. He should shut his agent up though or rather, stop letting him insult us left and right. Nobody would doubt his injury if he and his agent weren't saying all the time that he should and wants to leave for a club fighting for trophies ...

TsuWave

What? Why are people not believing that he's injured? People get injured, and stay injured all the time.
because it’s Pogba and it’s fun to call him a “cnut”, “virus”, “stain on this club” etc with absolutely no evidence that he’s not injured. Get with the program.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's simply injured. You do get lots of niggles after a long injury lay-off. I'm not sure why do we need to speculate and conspire to create conspiracy theories? If he wanted out he'd be desperate to play even more to prove how good a player he really is and he's over his injury.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I'd be tempted do a straight swap with Bale(who is well passed his best) just to get Pogba out of the club now, there's player-power, and then there's taking the piss, and if he's got the upmost respect for Ole i'd hate to think how he'd have acted since the Summer if he disliked him.

And people wonder why fans are turning their back on the game they've loved for decades.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He's simply injured. You do get lots of niggles after a long injury lay-off. I'm not sure why do we need to speculate and conspire to create conspiracy theories? If he wanted out he'd be desperate to play even more to prove how good a player he really is and he's over his injury.
I am really not sure. If he was fully committed he could end all this speculation with one simple tweet

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brutal honesty? What did he say?
Something like hes always injured today so he cant count on him. Or the other day where he said Ndombele pulled himself out of the squad because he didnt feel ready. There's some points where you need to protect, but that point is long gone with Pogba and it's time for just honesty to everyone so the situation is clear. Doesn't help.

laughtersassassin

Loss is on Pogba for me.

Nah but seriously shame he got injured again need our best player when Ole is out here sabotaging the game playing lingard and Shaw.

fergiesarmy1

Loss is on Pogba for me.

Nah but seriously shame he got injured again need our best player when Ole is out here sabotaging the game playing lingard and Shaw.
Your not wrong - all the build up was about him again. Injured enough to go to France yet can’t even support the team that pays him a fortune every month.

laughtersassassin

Your not wrong - all the build up was about him again. Injured enough to go to France yet can’t even support the team that pays him a fortune every month.
He was at Carrington today according to MEN presumably training as instructed by the club?

So your problem is with the clubs plan for him.

Sunday was his day off like everyone else's. So he did what the club said.

Even Rio said so.

Based Adnan

Ole said he's out for probably 3-4 weeks and he's been advised to have an operation "by his people" and so he'll probably do that.

All very ominous.

fergiesarmy1

He was at Carrington today according to MEN presumably training as instructed by the club?

So your problem is with the clubs plan for him.

Sunday was his day off like everyone else's. So he did what the club said.

Even Rio said so.
Well van Persie didn’t agree, he knows something is going on as someone who pushed a move or 2 himself.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We kept him in the summer against his wishes because we had nobody lined up as usual.

Bring on the Saudis. Only way we get rid of the Woodward. Glazers won't sack him.

laughtersassassin

There. He is most likely having an operation. Case closed. Unless your going to fault him for that which I'm sure you will.

DoomSlayer

Ole said he's out for probably 3-4 weeks and he's been advised to have an operation "by his people" and so he'll probably do that.

All very ominous.
Advised by his people? And didn't he have an operation already? All this means is that he is out for 3 more months and our season is practically over.

spiriticon

Our top 4 hopes are basically on his shoulders. If he is out for the whole season we are pretty much done.

Lingard, Mata and Pereira just don't deliver enough moments of magic in the middle to win tough games.

laughtersassassin

Advised by his people? And didn't he have an operation already? All this means is that he is out for 3 more months and our season is practically over.
Never had an operation but was in a cast. Obviously at first it was decided no operation and to let it heal naturally.

Obviously it hasn't healed very well and he needs an operation.

People will spur conspiracy a but the same thing has happened with a million players.

Sometimes it's a risk to not get the operation. Turn out it didn't pay off.

RedIan

Ole just said Pogba likely to need an operation on his ankle now.... McT out for 2 months.

Get some players in!

Status
Not open for further replies.