Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He’ll conveniently come back to play a few matches to get fit for the Euros and then leave. The key is not selling him before the tournament where he’ll remind everyone he’s worth £150m with his committed performances. You do not want him to star for France as a Real Madrid bargain to make us look like chumps one final time.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’ll conveniently come back to play a few matches to get fit for the Euros and then leave. The key is not selling him before the tournament where he’ll remind everyone he’s worth £150m with his committed performances. You do not want him to star for France as a Real Madrid bargain to make us look like chumps one final time.
What if he ‘conveniently comes back for a few games to get fit for the Euros’, and then gets injured in those games and misses the Euros? Seeing as these injuries and recoveries are all perfectly timed as part of some script, how would that work?

Perhaps he should not step into a football pitch again until France’s first match, that will be best for his grand plan I’d say.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why is this injury taking way longer than the time initially given? It keeps happening with us.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why is this injury taking way longer than the time initially given? It keeps happening with us.
It isn’t.

He had his surgery about a week into January, and was projected to be out for a month.

pascell

A contract renewal is the likeliest scenario and I think they already have begun to negotiate it.
I expect him to sign a new deal.
We've already tried and our attempt got rebuffed back in November.

I do sympathise with Pogba, when he signed we will have given him assurances the team would be built around him and to a level that can challenge for the PL and CL, we've obviously failed to do that. Also with Ole comments when he took over of a '2-3 year rebuild' I think that wouldn't have gone down well with Pogba.

He's as good as gone imo and it's best for both parties really.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd be shocked if he ends up staying past this season. Hes clearly wanted to leave for ages, and it's hard to blame him considering we are just top 4 challengers at best and he wants to challenge for all trophies. I dont think Juve or Real Madrid would hold back from spending either. Zidane always loved him, theyll give him what he wants.

Hopefully he comes back soon, helps us finish the season strongly and we sneak into the CL, and then get a good price. All we can hope for with him at this point.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We've already tried and our attempt got rebuffed back in November.

I do sympathise with Pogba, when he signed we will have given him assurances the team would be built around him and to a level that can challenge for the PL and CL, we've obviously failed to do that. Also with Ole comments when he took over of a '2-3 year rebuild' I think that wouldn't have gone down well with Pogba.

He's as good as gone imo and it's best for both parties really.
His contract effectively ends in June 2022, so he obviously isn't going to jump on an extension 30 months away from the end of his current contract. It's a business decision and he will try to give himself the stronger hand possible.

RedDevilUnited369

I’m still waiting to see who is going to pay us and then pay his wages. He isn’t leaving for a pay cut so whoever comes in got to commit to at least 350k a week for 5 years after shelling out £120m

Wouldn’t surprise me if he just runs down his contract.

el3mel

Let’s wait and see if Bruno is even any good before rushing one of the best midfielders in the world out of the door.

I’ve always said we need to add more players on Pogba’s calibre, not get rid of the ones we have. Because he’s getting too much pressure and scrutiny for being the star player shouldn’t mean we need to get rid and full the team with players who have less expectation. Why not add other world class players so he won’t be the poster boy for our on-field fortunes? 2 or 3 more of his calibre will be best for the team, not having no players of that calibre.
The club want him to stay. He's the one who wants to leave.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The club want him to stay. He's the one who wants to leave.
I was referring to posters and their formations. I agree the club want him to stay, and as I have said, given he hasn’t made much of a fuss in order to get a move, the fact that the club wants him to stay suggests there is a chance he will. The will is there at least on one side, and the other side, while alluding to considering his options, has not refused to play or given any reason to suggest he hates it here. Perhaps the club will succeed in their efforts to get him to stay? There is nothing to suggest that is an impossible task, and he is simply beyond persuading. Just posters jumping the gun with all the ‘he’s clearly made up his mind’, ‘good as gone’ etc. He’s no more ‘as good as gone’ as De Gea has been a number of times, yet the club convinced him to stay.

el3mel

I was referring to posters and their formations. I agree the club want him to stay, and as I have said, given he hasn’t made much of a fuss in order to get a move, the fact that the club wants him to stay suggests there is a chance he will. The will is there at least on one side, and the other side, while alluding to considering his options, has not refused to play or given any reason to suggest he hates it here. Perhaps the club will succeed in their efforts to get him to stay? There is nothing to suggest that is an impossible task, and he is simply beyond persuading. Just posters jumping the gun with all the ‘he’s clearly made up his mind’, ‘good as gone’ etc. He’s no more ‘as good as gone’ as De Gea has been a number of times, yet the club convinced him to stay.
Main point is you saying "let's not push him out of the door" is simply not true. No one is trying to push him out of the club. He's the one who wants to. If he leaves it'll be because he wanted it. Of course he's a professional that'll play whenever he's fit even when he doesn't want to stay but it's inevitable every summer him and his agent will try to get a move done and at one point they'll succeed, so it's logical to start thinking about United post Pogba, what's the problem in that ? If he ends up staying, well and good, but there's a big chance it won't happen and we have to think about what he'll do once he leaves.

De Gea only ended up staying after his form dropped and no other club is interested in him any more so decided to take the money here and stay. Not really a similar comparison.

pascell

His contract effectively ends in June 2022, so he obviously isn't going to jump on an extension 30 months away from the end of his current contract. It's a business decision and he will try to give himself the stronger hand possible.
He isn't going to be jumping on an extension period, he'll be gone by the summer ends, maybe even before the Euros start.

romufc

He isn't going to be jumping on an extension period, he'll be gone by the summer ends, maybe even before the Euros start.
I hope for the sake of Manutd he is gone before the Euros. If he wanted to stay and fight for the club he would have put a statement out by now after all his agent has been saying.

We rather build with players that want to be here, get Madrid or wherever he wants to go to put a £120m offer and be on your way.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Main point is you saying "let's not push him out of the door" is simply not true. No one is trying to push him out of the club. He's the one who wants to. If he leaves it'll be because he wanted it. Of course he's a professional that'll play whenever he's fit even when he doesn't want to stay but it's inevitable every summer him and his agent will try to get a move done and at one point they'll succeed, so it's logical to start thinking about United post Pogba, what's the problem in that ? If he ends up staying, well and good, but there's a big chance it won't happen and we have to think about what he'll do once he leaves.

De Gea only ended up staying after his form dropped and no other club is interested in him any more so decided to take the money here and stay. Not really a similar comparison.
You forgetting the fax machine ?

JPRouve

Scout
I don't where your confidence in that statement comes from.

el3mel

You forgetting the fax machine ?
That wasn't persuading him to stay and we were actually willing to sell at this point. LvG was playing Romero and Navas was about to join us as well in a trade deal. It was just a fault and nothing more. Not really any club's strategy, and not something that's going to happen again.

pascell

I hope for the sake of Manutd he is gone before the Euros. If he wanted to stay and fight for the club he would have put a statement out by now after all his agent has been saying.

We rather build with players that want to be here, get Madrid or wherever he wants to go to put a £120m offer and be on your way.
I agree, best for both parties that he leaves in summer.

I don't where your confidence in that statement comes from.
Because it's been evident for a while he wants to be playing for a team challenging for titles, hence the comments from Raiola and we cannot offer him that.

JPRouve

Scout
Because it's been evident for a while he wants to be playing for a team challenging for titles, hence the comments from Raiola and we cannot offer him that.
It hasn't been evident and Raiola's comments don't really lead to that conclusion, Raiola has basically been telling United what was needed to see Pogba stay and succeed. If anything Raiola's comment sounds like someone who is positioning himself for a potential extension.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I agree with what you say, if he leaves, it will be because he wants to. My point was, that isn’t certain yet, these situations are not always black and white. I meant that I don’t really see much ‘I hope he stays’, which I think there is also plenty of scope for. Seems to be a willingness on here for him to move, which is anybody’s right of course, but that’s why I was saying maybe we should have a look and see if Bruno is actually any good first before expressing our keenness for Pogba to move and be replaced by him.

Of course, what ever happens will happen, to quote Boris, I was just referring to them will of the people’.

romufc

I agree with what you say, if he leaves, it will be because he wants to. My point was, that isn’t certain yet, these situations are not always black and white. I meant that I don’t really see much ‘I hope he stays’, which I think there is also plenty of scope for. Seems to be a willingness on here for him to move, which is anybody’s right of course, but that’s why I was saying maybe we should have a look and see if Bruno is actually any good first before expressing our keenness for Pogba to move and be replaced by him.

Of course, what ever happens will happen, to quote Boris, I was just referring to them will of the people’.
I get what you mean, in all honesty at the start of the season I was in the I hope Pogba stays camp because we are a much better team with him in it but over the year how he's agent has been and the lack of effort by Pogba to commit or show that he cares shows he doesn't really want to be here.

The reason I want to see him gone in the summer is that he is the only one who we can get a big fee off and hopefully we can re-use that to build the squad. £120m odd can be used for 2 players with the £80m summer budget we could get 4 players that will add to the squad rather than 1 if Pogba stayed.

Pogba would be a good option if we had a squad and he was the cherry on the top, at the moment there is no cake for the cherry to sit on.

tjb

Why are people trying so hard to dissociate Pogba from Raiola. That is his representative. He clearly wants to leave and has been wanting leave for two years. Raiola would not have said anything if Pogba was not in some form of agreement with him. The fact that Pogba has not come out to denounce it, making very vague statements and having these comments verified by close family members like his brother shows what he really thinks. He is not Hazard to our Chelsea, he does not carry us. Him leaving does not affect any change in our league position, and a replacement might fit better for us. These are hard times for us but we still need to maintain our standards when it comes to the representation of the club and the attitude of our players. If a player came out and had his agent publically denounce Madrid, Barca or Bayern ( aside from Messi and Ronaldo), they would be placed on the transfer list.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I get what you mean, in all honesty at the start of the season I was in the I hope Pogba stays camp because we are a much better team with him in it but over the year how he's agent has been and the lack of effort by Pogba to commit or show that he cares shows he doesn't really want to be here.

The reason I want to see him gone in the summer is that he is the only one who we can get a big fee off and hopefully we can re-use that to build the squad. £120m odd can be used for 2 players with the £80m summer budget we could get 4 players that will add to the squad rather than 1 if Pogba stayed.

Pogba would be a good option if we had a squad and he was the cherry on the top, at the moment there is no cake for the cherry to sit on.
Fair enough. For me, I just want us to have a team of top players, so the only ones in the squad who I consider off-limits are the few quality ones we have. If we could swap Pogba with 2 players of the same calibre as him, then great. But I doubt we can. And because of that, I’d rather hold on to the top class we have. I’d rather sign 2-3 really top players this summer than losing Pogba and adding another 5 of the quality we currently have.

Of course, if Pogba wants to leave, let him go. But if he’s unsure about leaving, try and convince him to stay. That’s my view on it. I don’t know his mind, but from what I’ve seen, it’s not gone to the point of no-return. If he insists to leave, then we need to take the money and do the best we can really. But it will be better to just add some more quality to him, Rashford and .... (not much else at the moment). I’d rather take a position that anyone in our squad can go except Rashford, Pogba and Maguire right now. The rest, we can improve upon. Those two, we will almost certainly replace with an inferior player.

pascell

It hasn't been evident and Raiola's comments don't really lead to that conclusion, Raiola has basically been telling United what was needed to see Pogba stay and succeed. If anything Raiola's comment sounds like someone who is positioning himself for a potential extension.
I read it, he said Pogba wants to win trophies with United but we're not winning trophies and are struggling for top 4. So what he said in that instance can used to say they're actually positioning for a move away, rather than a contract extension, as we're not winning anything.

Plus, Raiola hasn't been exactly complimentary of United lately, look at this article..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...no-raiola-hits-touch-man-utd-saying-club/amp/

And let's not forget Raiola himself saying last summer he's working on moving Pogba from the club as it's the willingness of Pogba to make the move happen.

JPRouve

Scout
I read it, he said Pogba wants to win trophies with United but we're not winning trophies and are struggling for top 4. So what he said in that instance can used to say they're actually positioning for a move away, rather than a contract extension, as we're not winning anything.

Plus, Raiola hasn't been exactly complimentary of United lately, look at this article..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...no-raiola-hits-touch-man-utd-saying-club/amp/

And let's not forget Raiola himself saying last summer he's working on moving Pogba from the club as it's the willingness of Pogba to make the move happen.
He also tells how United can fix their problems and says that he has a good professional relationship with Woodward. You see that's why I don't get the certitudes, he basically plays both sides say that they may look at moving on but also say that there is a way and willingness to avoid that. The question is what do United do about it, do they decide that they want to sell or that they want to be seen as contenders and try to be the best alternative. I personally see two routes while you seem to only see one.

Bondi77

If we can get in Grealish and possibly Jovic for Pogba money that would be good , just so long as the money is used to strengthen the team.

pascell

He also tells how United can fix their problems and says that he has a good professional relationship with Woodward. You see that's why I don't get the certitudes, he basically plays both sides say that they may look at moving on but also say that there is a way and willingness to avoid that. The question is what do United do about it, do they decide that they want to sell or that they want to be seen as contenders and try to be the best alternative. I personally see two routes while you seem to only see one.
I can see your point. But he's basing it all on us winning the major trophies, which we won't be doing for a couple of seasons, if Oles rebuild works. This is all whilst Pogba is entering his prime, will he want to spend those years at a team during a rebuild? I doubt that.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Guys, you have to look at the fact that Pogba joined us at a time where it looked like we were going back to the top again. We're the worst we've ever been since fergie retired so it makes absolutely no sense for pogba to sacrifice his career for a club whose fans don't want him here.

tjb

If we can get in Grealish and possibly Jovic for Pogba money that would be good , just so long as the money is used to strengthen the team.

That is the move, if we can get Jovic + cash for Pogba, we can use that money to get another midfielder, someone like Soumare. It would also enable us to sell Martial and use that income in addition to the remaining cash for Pogba and sign a good right winger, maybe even allow us to go in for Sancho ( of course with a lot of our own cash contribution).

JPRouve

Scout
I can see your point. But he's basing it all on us winning the major trophies, which we won't be doing for a couple of seasons, if Oles rebuild works. This is all whilst Pogba is entering his prime, will he want to spend those years at a team during a rebuild? I doubt that.
Well that applies to players that will replace Pogba. If they are actually worth our time and money then they will want to win major trophies and they will want to be convinced that it can happen during their initial contract with us. That's where I don't follow some of the United fans, there is nothing special about Pogba's situation, it's exactly what any very good player with suitors will expect and demand. The actual issue here is that he would be right to have doubts and what we should do is use the next 18 months to convince him and every other player on this planet that we are major trophies contenders. And I suppose that no one wants us to only be an option for players that want a big pay check and don't really care about winning.

pascell

Well that applies to players that will replace Pogba. If they are actually worth our time and money then they will want to win major trophies and they will want to be convinced that it can happen during their initial contract with us. That's where I don't follow some of the United fans, there is nothing special about Pogba's situation, it's exactly what any very good player with suitors will expect and demand. The actual issue here is that he would be right to have doubts and what we should do is use the next 18 months to convince him and every other player on this planet that we are major trophies contenders. And I suppose that no one wants us to only be an option for players that want a big pay check and don't really care about winning.
We're in a precarious position as this summer he has 2 years left on his deal, the year after his value will drop massively as anyone can get him for free the year later. For me I'd rather have the money from his sale to improve other positions, as we've spent quite a bit on Fernandes we need to further reinforce it in summer, as I don't see us having enough funds without his sale.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Jesus, of course it isn't. Pogba wants out, Raiola wants him out, and actively tried to engineer a move away in the summer

Bondi77

Someone should show the Ighalo interview to Pogba and Raiola.
They would not be able to comprehend the idea of passion for a club and the mere thought of taking a pay cut to fulfill a dream would be alien to them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They would not be able to comprehend the idea of passion for a club and the mere thought of taking a pay cut to fulfill a dream would be alien to them.
That’s conjecture. You would have no clue about whether or not Pogba would be willing to take a pay cut to join a club. He’s young, and outside this country, considered a top player. He’s not had to take a pay cut.

This narrative that he’s some sort of mercenary who cares not one bit about United just sounds like defence-mechanism slander from United fans. He’s chosen this club, twice, in his career. Not by force. Disillusion at this time is valid, and he hasn’t gone anywhere yet, nor has he campaigned to leave in recent windows. If he goes eventually, it’s not some evidence of him being some anti-Christ who never cared about United at all.

Comparing him to a player who was thrilled to join us from the Chinese League, and who did not take a pay cut to do so anyway, is stretching it. Players join clubs for a reason, and it’s not as simple as ‘because I love them’. We have been poor for 4 years, and a reassessment is natural. As @JPRouve alluded to, we should want players who want to win trophies here. From what I read on here, most of the so called fans are not even satisfied to just watch the club on the telly and accept they are not competing, threatening walkouts and protests etc, but our players must ‘bleed red’ and not give a shit about being successful? Some of these fans are happy for the Saudi crown to take over just so we don’t have to be 4th or 5th anymore. God forbid a player voice his dissatisfaction at being 4th or 5th.

Saying he has no passion for the club is nonsense. He’s clearly at home here, and clearly has great affinity for United. But he also has a career. His affinity is why he may yet stay, but if convinced we are going somewhere, just as you, ‘Bondi77’ would like to be similarly convinced of the same thing.

Bondi77

That’s conjecture. You would have no clue about whether or not Pogba would be willing to take a pay cut to join a club. He’s young, and outside this country, considered a top player. He’s not had to take a pay cut.

This narrative that he’s some sort of mercenary who cares not one bit about United just sounds like defence-mechanism slander from United fans. He’s chosen this club, twice, in his career. Not by force. Disillusion at this time is valid, and he hasn’t gone anywhere yet, nor has he campaigned to leave in recent windows. If he goes eventually, it’s not some evidence of him being some anti-Christ who never cared about United at all.

Comparing him to a player who was thrilled to join us from the Chinese League, and who did not take a pay cut to do so anyway, is stretching it. Players join clubs for a reason, and it’s not as simple as ‘because I love them’. We have been poor for 4 years, and a reassessment is natural. As @JPRouve alluded to, we should want players who want to win trophies here. From what I read on here, most of the so called fans are not even satisfied to just watch the club on the telly and accept they are not competing, threatening walkouts and protests etc, but our players must ‘bleed red’ and not give a shit about being successful? Some of these fans are happy for the Saudi crown to take over just so we don’t have to be 4th or 5th anymore. God forbid a player voice his dissatisfaction at being 4th or 5th.

Saying he has no passion for the club is nonsense. He’s clearly at home here, and clearly has great affinity for United. But he also has a career. His affinity is why he may yet stay, but if convinced we are going somewhere, just as you, ‘Bondi77’ would like to be similarly convinced of the same thing.
So would you think that getting Rashford and Martial and De Gea tied up long term and signing Maguire, AWB and Bruno is showing an intent to be successful in the future?

OverratedOpinion

He is not a Man Utd fan, do you only want us to sign Man Utd fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.