Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think it is best for everyone if he moves on. Great player but will always be the poster boy for United's on field failures, from the media anyway. I think he wants out and Bruno was a replacement signing to soften the blow of his outgoing transfer in the summer.
Let’s wait and see if Bruno is even any good before rushing one of the best midfielders in the world out of the door.

I’ve always said we need to add more players on Pogba’s calibre, not get rid of the ones we have. Because he’s getting too much pressure and scrutiny for being the star player shouldn’t mean we need to get rid and full the team with players who have less expectation. Why not add other world class players so he won’t be the poster boy for our on-field fortunes? 2 or 3 more of his calibre will be best for the team, not having no players of that calibre.

MadMike

With the signing of Bruno and maybe one (RW) or two (CF) high profile summer signings the focus won' t be on Pogba as much. Doesn't mean we'll challenge next year though, and if that's truly what he wants then he might be off anyway. It will not only take huge improvement from us to challenge, but the number of points needed to win the league will have to go down from ~100 that it has been in the last 2-3 years to 80-85 where it was in the past.

IMO we should definitely try to keep him. Even though he blows hot and cold, we're a different (mostly better) team when he plays and there really aren't many players of his calibre around.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let’s wait and see if Bruno is even any good before rushing one of the best midfielders in the world out of the door.

I’ve always said we need to add more players on Pogba’s calibre, not get rid of the ones we have. Because he’s getting too much pressure and scrutiny for being the star player shouldn’t mean we need to get rid and full the team with players who have less expectation. Why not add other world class players so he won’t be the poster boy for our on-field fortunes? 2 or 3 more of his calibre will be best for the team, not having no players of that calibre.
Hes probably wanted to leave for a while though. This summer is just the time when it makes the most sense and it probably will happen. I'd be shocked if he stays. I'm sure we'd all hope he does, I think most are expecting hes off.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just the usual shit stirring. Non-commital of course. ‘I’m not saying it is, just ‘some people might think that’. Even if the player wanted to leave, he can’t exactly leave now, in February. The relationship with the manager is good, why would he refuse to play? Do you know how many players plan to leave at the end of the season?! He’s moved club before, on a few occasions. Never refused to play, this is all the usual spin to peddle a ‘United in crisis’ narrative.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It would be great if he stayed because he's quite simply the best playmaker type we have at the club bar none imo. Hopefully he'll be back soon because I need to be entertained.

Canagel

It would be great if he stayed because he's quite simply the best playmaker type we have at the club bar none imo. Hopefully he'll be back soon because I need to be entertained.
Wait till our awful manager puts him in a double pivot again and kills all the attacking potential of the team.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wait till our awful manager puts him in a double pivot again and kills the attacking potential of the team
I'm hoping to see Pogstar and Bruno playing as creative #8s against the lesser teams.

Canagel

I'm hoping to see Pogstar and Bruno playing as creative #8s against the lesser teams.
We would be fools not to do but I can't see this manager abandoning the 4-2-3-1 any time soon. Interesting times ahead.

reddevilchennai

Pogba is super talented player. But his mind is on transfer to Real Madrid for last two seasons.
Better to sell him and buy a replacement who would be committed to the club.

Saul Nigez sounds like a perfect replacement for Pogba. Problem is whether Saul will be ready to join United at this moment.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba is super talented player. But his mind is on transfer to Real Madrid for last two seasons.

Saul Nigez sounds like a perfect replacement for Pogba. Problem is whether Saul will be ready to join United at this moment.
Well if he can perform as he did for much of last season with his mind on a transfer to Real, I’d take that.

I love Saúl though, he’d be the perfect partner for Pogba. If there was the slightest chance, I’d have gotten him before Fernandes.

Sylar

He did during our great run. We played 3 in midfield. I am not sure why he abandoned this to use Pereira or Lingard as a #10.
Isnt that the same as when LVG had that great run during the end of his first season. We played a similar formation.
Heck wouldnt be surprised if Moyes and Jose had their best form playing 3 in midfield too :D

fps

He doesn’t make play at all. He’s a fits and starts highlights player.

Web of Bissaka

Isnt that the same as when LVG had that great run during the end of his first season. We played a similar formation.
Heck wouldnt be surprised if Moyes and Jose had their best form playing 3 in midfield too :D
Jose yes :D Pog-Carrick-Herrera and then Pog-Matic-Herrera. Hell, swap Fellaini with one of those and it still is better than two. No idea about Moyes.

So funny how 3 man midfield (CM-CDM-CM) brings out the best football out of our squad and yet, our three post saf managers insist on using two and sticked with it.

romufc

He can have his mind wherever he likes but If Madrid never put a decent offer he isnt going anywhere. Him and his agent can come out all they like, but if Madird dont put something reasonable, he cannot blame Manutd for not meeting his demands.

Madrid need to show they want him, like they did with Bale, Ronaldo, Hazard.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Should have sold him in summer when he went public of wanting a move and bought Bruno back then. We'd have probably had some change too to upgrade elsewhere. Huge mistake keeping him it's turned out. He's barely played anyway.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
We’re not rushing him anywhere, he is literally standing at the door with his bag packed waiting for the taxi.

I’d rather have a fully committed Bruno any day of the week whether he’s quite as good as Pogba or not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We’re not rushing him anywhere, he is literally standing at the door with his bag packed waiting for the taxi.

I’d rather have a fully committed Bruno any day of the week whether he’s quite as good as Pogba or not.
He isn’t standing by the door at all. If you can accept the fact that he’s simply injured, you will see that he’s hardly kicking and screaming at all.

Volumiza

He isn’t standing by the door at all. If you can accept the fact that he’s simply injured, you will see that he’s hardly kicking and screaming at all.
Lots of things I can accept in life, Pogba wanting to be at our club isn’t one of them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Lots of things I can accept in life, Pogba wanting to be at our club isn’t one of them.
I said he isn’t kicking and screaming.To hurry to say, ‘we’ll that’s it, get rid’ as soon as a player says he is thinking about leaving it is because you yourself want him to go anyway. That’s probably the root of it here. I accept Pogba has made certain comments, but no way to this ‘point of no return’ as it’s portrayed to be by caftards. It may seem like that if you add in some made up strike he’s apparently been on, but take that away, the comments are not uncommon in football and don’t imply he’s being held as some sort of hostage at all. In fact, they don’t even go as far as to suggest he cannot be convinced to commit his future.

Perhaps the possibility of him leaving is causing some to villanise him in preparation. No point saying he’s a top player and I hope he stays as it’s more upsetting if he doesn’t at that point. I’m not stupid enough to guarantee that he will stay. But I do know that he’s a top player and we won’t get a better one, and I hope he does stay. The rest is just hot air.

Volumiza

I said he isn’t kicking and screaming.To hurry to say, ‘we’ll that’s it, get rid’ as soon as a player says he is thinking about leaving it is because you yourself want him to go anyway. That’s probably the root of it here. I accept Pogba has made certain comments, but no way to this ‘point of no return’ as it’s portrayed to be by caftards. It may seem like that if you add in some made up strike he’s apparently been on, but take that away, the comments are not uncommon in football and don’t imply he’s being held as some sort of hostage at all. In fact, they don’t even go as far as to suggest he cannot be convinced to commit his future.

Perhaps the possibility of him leaving is causing some to villanise him in preparation. No point saying he’s a top player and I hope he stays as it’s more upsetting if he doesn’t at that point. I’m not stupid enough to guarantee that he will stay. But I do know that he’s a top player and we won’t get a better one, and I hope he does stay. The rest is just hot air.
Im pretty open minded about things @Rozay and I’ve never denied Pogba’s talent. If for the remainder of the season, he and Bruno can form a great partnership and Pogba suddenly does a dolce face then awesome, everyone’s a winner.

I don’t want Pogba gone just because it’s Pogba. I would just rather we sold him, and bought a fully committed player of similar quality.

I agree, that he media whip this story to bits but the fact it’s a story at all and Pogba allows it to be fanned by the media and his agent doesn’t go down well with me. Sorry dude, I’m just not a fan. That’s not to say he couldn’t make me a fan but I can’t see it happening.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Im pretty open minded about things @Rozay and I’ve never denied Pogba’s talent. If for the remainder of the season, he and Bruno can form a great partnership and Pogba suddenly does a dolce face then awesome, everyone’s a winner.

I don’t want Pogba gone just because it’s Pogba. I would just rather we sold him, and bought a fully committed player of similar quality.

I agree, that he media whip this story to bits but the fact it’s a story at all and Pogba allows it to be fanned by the media and his agent doesn’t go down well with me. Sorry dude, I’m just not a fan. That’s not to say he couldn’t make me a fan but I can’t see it happening.
Fair enough. And good luck finding a ‘committed player with equal talent’ to replace him!

clarkydaz

He can have his mind wherever he likes but If Madrid never put a decent offer he isnt going anywhere. Him and his agent can come out all they like, but if Madird dont put something reasonable, he cannot blame Manutd for not meeting his demands.

Madrid need to show they want him, like they did with Bale, Ronaldo, Hazard.
Agree with this and I think they know it. Hence Raiola saying he wants to be successful here. He is a year older and injured for a season, his value is down more

tjb

Fair enough. And good luck finding a ‘committed player with equal talent’ to replace him!
We can find one with a bit less quality that is committed and fits the role. This issue with Pogba has been going on since February 2018. It's been two years. The club have had more time of Pogba wanting out than wanting to be here. Partnership or not, for the disruption and negative energy he brought ( particularly the issues he had with Mourinho), Pogba should leave.

It's funny how some people thought that Mourinho leaving would push Pogba to wanting to stay. We made a mistake in not selling him as far back as summer 2018.

90 + 5min

Without any question I would sell him in the summer. Why have a player that will move on after his contract expires and when he don't even play half of our matches? Instead sell him to highest bidder, get out some money and spend on 2 players that can improve us. Sure, Pogba is talented and has a high level but that only shows 2-3/10 games. Other games he look just avarege at best.

Le Red

If he leaves at all, of course, which despite the caf’s insistence, determination even, is far from as certain as their repetition would have you believe.

He’s also already won us the EL in his time here tbh.
I hate when people say a player "won" a title for a team.
Exception made to very special circunstances, such as '86 Maradona, this is just fanboy drivel and a very poor argument.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We can find one with a bit less quality that is committed and fits the role. This issue with Pogba has been going on since February 2018. It's been two years. The club have had more time of Pogba wanting out than wanting to be here. Partnership or not, for the disruption and negative energy he brought ( particularly the issues he had with Mourinho), Pogba should leave.

It's funny how some people thought that Mourinho leaving would push Pogba to wanting to stay. We made a mistake in not selling him as far back as summer 2018.
What ‘issue’ though? Have we had a Pogba issue as far as his transfer has gone over the last two years? A number of transfer windows have come and gone in that time. Have weever been remotely close to losing him? All except ONE of those windows passed without incident. The one that didn’t, he said ‘it may be time for a new challenge’ at the very beginning of the summer, and in the 3 months that followed of the window (the time when the big deals get done) - nothing. No strike, no forcing his way out, no pressuring the club to accept Real’s ridiculous offer. Full pre-season, played from the very first game of the season the last two years.

This ‘Pogba problem we have had for the past two years’ that we apparently just can’t take anymore of is largely made up. Nothing more than almost every top player regularly. Do PSG have any Mbappé problem’? Do you know how many articles are written about him and Madrid, and have been since he got there? Do you know how many vague statements have been attributed to him or an agent? Should they just sell him ‘because we can’t take it anymore’? Should they sell Verratti while they are at it? It’s football. There comes a time where a situation is untenable, where a player is openly trying to force his way out of a club and needs to be separated. Steven Bergwijn just the other day is an example with Spurs. Pogba is nowhere near that line. At all.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I hate when people say a player "won" a title for a team.
Exception made to very special circunstances, such as '86 Maradona, this is just fanboy drivel and a very poor argument.
It’s no more ridiculous than saying ‘if he stays and wins us the EL’, which is what I was responding to. As much as a player could have ‘won us the EL’, he has, given he scored in the final and was voted player of the tournament.

Le Red

It’s no more ridiculous than saying ‘if he stays and wins us the EL’, which is what I was responding to. As much as a player could have ‘won us the EL’, he has, given he scored in the final and was voted player of the tournament.
Fair enough if you were just using it as a reply. That goal was a very lucky deflection so I don't count that as a pro. I won't dispute that he was player of the tournament though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fair enough if you were just using it as a reply. That goal was a very lucky deflection so I don't count that as a pro. I won't dispute that he was player of the tournament though.
I was waiting for someone to say that his goal wasn’t a perfect goal :). It was a shot intended to go in and was on target, and credited to him. As one of the two goals we scored in the final, it was of course very important. But yes, he’s of course scored better.

And you mentioned Maradona in 86, who scored a goal with his hand, so I won’t count that either then;)

0le

There should be no doubt whatsoever that he is injured. He posted images of being in a cast and the manager has confirmed this as well. What I guess you could doubt is whether he is showing the right mentality to do everything he can to come back as quickly as possible from injury. Even this argument is weak because he will want to play for the Euro's so he will need to demonstrate his fitness for United first.

Le Red

I'll try to speak from a neutral perspective here.
Paul Pogba hasn't been half the player for us that he could have been. For all his success with France, his carreer with Manchester United doesn't put him among the best midfielders of past generations.
He's a great player on his day. He's still got a handful of years in his prime so he can still achieve great things. He's the same age as Zinedine Zidane was when he made his first big impression in the international stage.
Regarding him wanting out. It's no secret that he did want out. I don't think he's to be blamed for wanting a better club, but it doesn't ring well with the fans because his underachievements played a part on our lack of overall quality.
The problem is, likely there's no club in the world that's willing to pay his worth right now. Real Madrid apparently is not so keen anymore and there's too little noise coming from Turin. Whatever momentum he got as a transfer target after WC2018 has been now lost, specially after a lenghty injury.
Long story short, whether the club, the player and the fans like it or not, we're stuck with him, and he's stuck with us.
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. The best the club can do is work around him, fit him on a system of play he can thrive and develop a good football project. The best Pogba can do is work hard and be the best he can be as long he's a MYUFC player. And the best we can do as supporters is hope these things will happen and support him.
Here's hoping PP can still write a great tale with us.

romufc

Agree with this and I think they know it. Hence Raiola saying he wants to be successful here. He is a year older and injured for a season, his value is down more
Yep, the other thing to note is Real Madrid have Valverde coming through and is benching Modric. Kroos is still one of the best CM's around, Pogba will be 27 this year so £120m is not unreasonable.

Secondly, Mbappe seems to be 1st on Reals wish list.

The board have to be strong here, sign a new contract or get your agent to find a buyer. We cannot go another summer with the question marks of will Pogba stay or go? It is so disruptive, we cannot build something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.