6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthPredators4

Pogba reminds me a lot of the situation in Lakers between Kobe and Dwight. For the NBA fans, they probably can resonate. For all the talent Dwight Howard had, Kobe always accused him of lacking the fight, discipline and hunger to win. He just focuses on having fun in life and isnt the kind of character you want in a team of younger players.

TsuWave

How does he exactly upset the dressing room ?
He likes dancing
Pogba reminds me a lot of the situation in Lakers between Kobe and Dwight. For the NBA fans, they probably can resonate. For all the talent Dwight Howard had, Kobe always accused him of lacking the fight, discipline and hunger to win. He just focuses on having fun in life and isnt the kind of character you want in a team of younger players.
Every young player that speaks about Pogba speaks about how inspirational and helpful he is, including those at other clubs (Martinelli).

Pogba is 26 and already has had a better career than 90% of players could ever dream of, including United ”legends”.

World Cup winner and key leader. 4 titles in Serie A. Golden ball winner. Young player of World Cup. Fifa team of the year. Renowned globally as a top midfielder.

Devout Muslim, non-drinker/smoker, big on family unit, studious, multilingual, liked and admired by his peers. Came through the academy ranks, and confident on his ability to venture outside of arguably the best manager of all time and turn himself into a superstar.

but yeah, you’re right, not the kind of character you want in a young team because he’s expressive with his haircuts and likes to dance.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A lot of speculation that doesn't prove he unsettles a dressing room :lol:

Champagne Football

If he wins us the Europa League, instead of sulking on the pitch and having his bother and his agent in the media everyday telling us that he's too good for Man Utd, then he can leave a hero

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well it was said to be a month, turns out that was another lie about an injury return date. Don’t be surprised to see another injury “setback”.
Was his surgery more than a month ago or something?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he wins us the Europa League, instead of sulking on the pitch and having his bother and his agent in the media everyday telling us that he's too good for Man Utd, then he can leave a hero
If he leaves at all, of course, which despite the caf’s insistence, determination even, is far from as certain as their repetition would have you believe.

He’s also already won us the EL in his time here tbh.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we're to achieve top 4 or garner any success this season it will be down to Pogba imo. What happens from now and until the end of the season will come down to Pogba's performances. And i'm hoping Ole goes 4-3-3 with Pogba and Fernandes as the #8s ahead of a DM.

And personally I miss watching him play because his ability on the ball at times is on another level.

Andersonson

He's gone now that Bruno has arrived.

Real or PSG. Too bad though, class when on it. Him, Bruno and Scott would make a good trio

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23

Real or PSG. Too bad though, class when on it. Him, Bruno and Scott would make a good trio
Complete horseshit.

He is not going to Real Madrid and they will not have the cash to get him since they will use it all on Mbappe. Perez hates Raiola from the bottom of his heart. When was the last time a Raiola player was at Real Madrid?

PSG, yeah maybe, but just maybe. Is Pogba willing to spend his career playing against Brest and Caen? I just don’t see it.

Juventus. Money is tight after huge transfer and salaries. Ronaldo, De Ligt and Dybala is renewing his contract too. They will not pay enough either.

Bayern, hell nah. City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. No way Jose.

A contract renewal is the likeliest scenario and I think they already have begun to negotiate it.

predator

Youth NITK

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but what makes you so certain he will leave, now Bruno is here?

From what I have gathered Pogba is currently injured, is contracted with us until summer 2021 and there hasn't been significant interest from other clubs.

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you but what have you read/heard/seen that makes you so certain he is leaving?

Personally I reckon he will return after his injury, play well and will be offered a monster contract and will sign it.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Such an odd situation with him. You forget he’s even a player for the club.

impression I get is he wants out so bad. Can’t be much of an endorsement for the‘Ole in’ crowd that our best player has clearly got no faith in the project whatsoever.

Art Vandelay

I think he will end up leaving at the end of his contract. No one is willing to pay for him or desperately needs him and he doesn't want to stay. Most likely situation is running down the contract.

Andersonson

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but what makes you so certain he will leave, now Bruno is here?

From what I have gathered Pogba is currently injured, is contracted with us until summer 2021 and there hasn't been significant interest from other clubs.

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you but what have you read/heard/seen that makes you so certain he is leaving?

Personally I reckon he will return after his injury, play well and will be offered a monster contract and will sign it.

Its only me speculating of course, but his agent has gone out and said that the project Pogba was promised when he signed hasnt happend, so I think he will leave and lost interest in the project.

And with only two years left on the contract its time now if we're going to cash in and use the money on somebody else.

Dont get me wrong, if we could keep him and he wants to play here I would be delighted. He can make us alot better.

Bondi77

When is he due back?
Last I heard the plaster was off so I would imagine it will still be a while. I remember Ole saying about a month before the operation but I cannot see him being ready to go in that short space of time.

youmeletsfly

The theories some of the fans invent about him leaving, negotiating a new contract or such shows how much we actually need him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hopefully the guy has some time to be atleast ready for our subs bench against Chelsea.

Stadjer

If we're to achieve top 4 or garner any success this season it will be down to Pogba imo. What happens from now and until the end of the season will come down to Pogba's performances. And i'm hoping Ole goes 4-3-3 with Pogba and Fernandes as the #8s ahead of a DM.

And personally I miss watching him play because his ability on the ball at times is on another level.
Very much the last part. With Rashford injured i miss watching him play even more. In this squad only Pogba, Rashford, Martial and now maybe Bruno can do something special, not special Phil Jones-way but something good, and Pogba is the most likely of them to do something.

This Manchester United isnt going to win the title or even most games so the least i would like to see right now is some exciting football moments. If there is one player in the world who is capable of doing something exciting it is Paul Pogba.

I would also very much like to see Bruno and Pogba together. Finally not just one player who is able to create something on the pitch.

TheReligion

Abusive
This has been my belief from the beginning too.
Raiola last made comments which leaned towards this by saying it will be assessed in the summer and that the player wants to win at United but the club needs to match is ambition (was something to that effect wasn't it?)

The Bruno transfer will help with this and I'm pretty confident we will do business in the summer and continue to strengthen.

kouroux

Raiola last made comments which leaned towards this by saying it will be assessed in the summer and that the player wants to win at United but the club needs to match is ambition (was something to that effect wasn't it?)

The Bruno transfer will help with this and I'm pretty confident we will do business in the summer and continue to strengthen.
With Ighalo type of signing yeah.
I was having a debate with a clueless United fan at work, he is convinced Ighalo is this incredible player...I'm lost for words at times.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

That's what I've been thinking. Raiola's words seem to be designed to put pressure on United and show how much they want to be competitive. To me it seems that they are preparing the field for a contract extension.

TheReligion

Abusive
With Ighalo type of signing yeah.
I was having a debate with a clueless United fan at work, he is convinced Ighalo is this incredible player...I'm lost for words at times.
I'm not sure what you mean about Ighalo? That Pogba won't like the fact we've loaned a stop gap in until summer?

The Bruno signing shows we are committed to strengthen and I'm sure we'll do more with long term targets in the summer.

TheReligion

Abusive
That's what I've been thinking. Raiola's words seem to be designed to put pressure on United and show how much they want to be competitive. To me it seems that they are preparing the field for a contract extension.
I'm sure this is the case and I'm sure the club won't want to let him go so I can see an extension happening easily.

kouroux

I'm not sure what you mean about Ighalo? That Pogba won't like the fact we've loaned a stop gap in until summer?

The Bruno signing shows we are committed to strengthen and I'm sure we'll do more with long term targets in the summer.
I was taking the piss tbh. I don't like the idea that our club has to somehow convince Pogba to stay, like he's THAT important to us. Don't get me wrong I would love him to stay and extend his contract (just to see the pissed off reactions of a few caftards), I just hope our club stops giving him importance, just consider him as a piece of a large puzzle and not the player around which everything has to build

JPRouve

Scout
I was taking the piss tbh. I don't like the idea that our club has to somehow convince Pogba to stay, like he's THAT important to us. Don't get me wrong I would love him to stay and extend his contract (just to see the pissed off reactions of a few caftards), I just hope our club stops giving him importance, just consider him as a piece of a large puzzle and not the player around which everything has to build
That's not it though. We are going nowhere and want to extend a player that has other options, we have to put something on the table outside of money.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think there are some player that you have to lean towards a bit and for us Pogba is the one we should pamper providing he's committed to us and giving his all for the cause. The injury this season has really skewed everything but it's also taken a bit of power away from Pogba IMO as he's basically been forgotten in football.

I expect him to sign a new deal.

kouroux

That's not it though. We are going nowhere and want to extend a player that has other options, we have to put something on the table outside of money.
Then long term, it'll be our loss. He will have his great use as part of a machine for me. It's a risk from the club's POV as they wanna keep him indeed. Somehow I hope he finds the maturity of play he did during the World Cup but for United and for every game.

I think there are some player that you have to lean towards a bit and for us Pogba is the one we should pamper providing he's committed to us and giving his all for the cause. The injury this season has really skewed everything but it's also taken a bit of power away from Pogba IMO as he's basically been forgotten in football.

I expect him to sign a new deal.
I hope so, if this could be the conclusion.

JPRouve

Scout
Then long term, it'll be our loss. He will have his great use as part of a machine for me. It's a risk from the club's POV as they wanna keep him indeed. Somehow I hope he finds the maturity of play he did during the World Cup but for United and for every game.
I'm not following, this has nothing to do with your initial point or my answer. All players whether they are currently at the club or the one that we target from other clubs needs to be convinced that we are the right fit. For some players money is enough, for many others it's going to be a mix of money and competitivity. There is no risk for the club, that's how professional sport works and has always worked, that's why players change club on relative regular basis.

kouroux

I'm not following, this has nothing to do with your initial point or my answer. All players whether they are currently at the club or the one that we target from other clubs needs to be convinced that we are the right fit. For some players money is enough, for many others it's going to be a mix of money and competitivity. There is no risk for the club, that's how professional sport works and has always worked, that's why players change club on relative regular basis.
I'm simply saying I don't want the club to convince him to stay by making him feel as if he is above the rest of the team.
That the team will be tailored to suit his particular needs.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm simply saying I don't want the club to convince him to stay by making him feel as if he is above the rest of the team.
That the team will be tailored to suit his particular needs.
But who said that the team would be tailored to his particular needs, you are basically making up your own issue here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Personally think Pogba will run his contract down to the last year, that will give him a lot more flexibility for teams that want to sign him.

We need to show improvement by that stage otherwise he goes. I don't think we will let him walk for free.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Think it is best for everyone if he moves on. Great player but will always be the poster boy for United's on field failures, from the media anyway. I think he wants out and Bruno was a replacement signing to soften the blow of his outgoing transfer in the summer.

TheReligion

Abusive
Think it is best for everyone if he moves on. Great player but will always be the poster boy for United's on field failures, from the media anyway. I think he wants out and Bruno was a replacement signing to soften the blow of his outgoing transfer in the summer.
I don't agree with the Bruno thing. If Pogba goes we will have to buy again anyway so don't understand that logic.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
100%. Just like the Maguire outlay was netted off against Lukaku's sale, by the end of this summer it'll become clear that Bruno was bought because the club planned to net it off against Pogba going. If there's any money left over from that we might get another midfielder on the cheap. I'm not banking on it.

I also agree with you that Pogba should go. He's a great player but he doesn't want to play for us. He's professional about it but he's expressed the desire for a new challenge openly. We'll never get the best out of him if he doesn't want to be at United. Sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.