6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammondo

Ok? And we beat atleast 3-4 of the fodder we managed to lose too. Having both Pogba and Bruno against teams that sir deep will be invaluable. You can't deny that.

Which is why if Pogba goes we need to replace him with another creative midiflder like Grealish.

Can't go back to only having one player creating. It's madness.

So for me we need for an entire season we need either Bruno Pogba and Sancho as our 3 men to consistently create or Grealish Bruno Sancho.

Then we will break down teams that sit.

Bruno alone can't do it for an entire season, just like Pogba couldn't. It's just smart planning.
The main reason is because our attacking players have been pretty damn poor creatively. Since Bruno has joined it has improved a lot, and the need for Pogba vs defensive teams has dropped a lot.

Rolaholic

Truly don't get the mindset that seems particular to our fanbase only recently where we must substitute one quality player for another instead of stocking up on them like all top clubs do.

It's puzzling to me when the golden Fergie era sides didn't have just 2 or 3 quality players, they were chock full of them at all positions which is how they won so much.

laughtersassassin

The main reason is because our attacking players have been pretty damn poor creatively. Since Bruno has joined it has improved a lot, and the need for Pogba vs defensive teams has dropped a lot.
It hasn't but okay. Current team is again fecked if Bruno has a dry spell or if team focus him. Which is possibly easy to do when he is still the only real creative point.

laughtersassassin

Truly don't get the mindset that seems particular to our fanbase only recently where we must substitute one quality player for another instead of stocking up on them like all top clubs do.

It's puzzling to me when the golden Fergie era sides didn't have just 2 or 3 quality players, they were chock full of them at all positions which is how they won so much.
Our fans are mad. Simple as.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Can't wait to have him back. Him and Bruno for the easier games can be something.

Rolaholic

Our fans are mad. Simple as.
So many seem to see team building as a zero sum game in spite of of all the most successful sides following the same formula counter to that view.

I really don't get why there's such a fatalistic view towards any and everything from many :lol:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

When that quality player isn't committed to the team and is earning a fortune I'd say it makes sense to offload them. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want us to bring in another quality player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Excited to have him back tbh.
Martial
Pogba Bruno James
Fred Matic
Shaw Maguire Bailly Wan Bissaka
DDG​

McTominay rotates with Matic, Greenwood and James rotate, obviously the back 4 rotates but we can also rotate Ighalo in there and shift Bruno to the right, Pogba middle and Martial wide left. Or if we make it to the Europa league final and everyone is fit and Rashford is ready, go with split strikers of Martial and Rashford with those 4 mids behind. It's as strong as we've looked since 16/17 IMO, when we looked pretty damn good with Ibra. Having another world class creative player will bring us up another level in terms of control and creativity, and almost certainly bring another level out of our best players like Martial and Bruno.

diarm

Christ. Whats wrong with you guys?
What's wrong with you guys? The guy and his agent have disrespected the club and the manager but you want to ignore that because he's a good player?

He's not a better player than Beckham, Keane or Stam and they were all sent packing for less. I can't understand why, when there is so much to be positive about and to admire about how Ole is going about the reset the club so badly needed, people seem so obsessed with bringing back in something so wrong.

diarm

Go watch his cameo versus Watford. Until we replace him with someone who can help Bruno out and also create like he can then we need him.

It's simple as that really.
Manchester United will never need anybody who thinks he's too good, or too important to be here.

mancan92

What's wrong with you guys? The guy and his agent have disrespected the club and the manager but you want to ignore that because he's a good player?

He's not a better player than Beckham, Keane or Stam and they were all sent packing for less. I can't understand why, when there is so much to be positive about and to admire about how Ole is going about the reset the club so badly needed, people seem so obsessed with bringing back in something so wrong.
When did Pogba disrespect anyone? He hasn't literally no one at the club has a bad word to say about him.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
The more games Pogba misses the less hes needed. Im sure him and his agent have talked and said that if he misses most of the season it will highlight your importance to the club. Also it will make it easier for him to leave if no champs league football. Since Bruno has arrived he has filled that role and performed better at it. The sooner this guy is out of the club the better, but I dont think anyone can afford him so we will be stuck with him and his coronavirus of an agent.

diarm

When did Pogba disrespect anyone? He hasn't literally no one at the club has a bad word to say about him.
When the man he pays to represent him, disrespects the manager and the club in public while using his name and Pogba stays silent, he is disrespecting the club. All we've heard from him and his agent since then, is that he's focused on getting fit so he can get back into the team and make the French squad for the Euros, and that then they are going to see what the situation is with regards to where he'll play next season. Last year he told us he thought it was time for a new challenge.

If you think Pogba gives two shits about United you're deluded. Him and his agent are a virus and they need rooting out of the club. He could be better than Maradona and I'd still feel the same.

mancan92

When the man he pays to represent him, disrespects the manager and the club in public while using his name and Pogba stays silent, he is disrespecting the club. All we've heard from him and his agent since then, is that he's focused on getting fit so he can get back into the team and make the French squad for the Euros, and that then they are going to see what the situation is with regards to where he'll play next season. Last year he told us he thought it was time for a new challenge.

If you think Pogba gives two shits about United you're deluded. Him and his agent are a virus and they need rooting out of the club. He could be better than Maradona and I'd still feel the same.
Firstly please tell me one player in the history of the game who has come out and spoken against what their agent has said. It doesn't happen every agents spreads news about his players. Was Bruno telling his agent to shut up when his agent was whoring him out to every big club around europe in the summer? Was bruno also disrespecting Sporting? Maybe we should get him out before he becomes a virus :rolleyes:

Also he has also never said he wants to be fit just for the Euros he said he wants to get back fit and playing for manchester united. You can take think whatever you want but Pogba has done very little wrong other than be injured and have a loud mouth agent.

diarm

Firstly please tell me one player in the history of the game who has come out and spoken against what their agent has said. It doesn't happen every agents spreads news about his players. Was Bruno telling his agent to shut up when his agent was whoring him out to every big club around europe in the summer? Was bruno also disrespecting Sporting? Maybe we should get him out before he becomes a virus :rolleyes:

Also he has also never said he wants to be fit just for the Euros he said he wants to get back fit and playing for manchester united. You can take think whatever you want but Pogba has done very little wrong other than be injured and have a loud mouth agent.
Bruno had an agreement with Sporting that he was leaving - if you can't see the difference then I don't really know how to debate with you. What I will say is that I've long since noticed that the rolling eyes emoji on here is the emblem of the halfwit.

Raiola has explicitly said exactly that about Pogba being focused on getting fit for the Euros and deciding on his future afterwards. He's said it on more than on occasion.

A player with the right sort of mentality, focus and commitment to his club doesn't have to speak out against his agent because his agent isn't out spouting shite in public. Pogba isn't doing so because he's on board with what Raiola is trying to achieve. He think's he's more important than the club and is eyeing up his next move already.

laughtersassassin

Pogba's biggest crime was being the best player in a crap United team. That's where the hate started. The goalposts have since been moved numerous times on why to hate him.

Situation is close to untenable now but let's be honest certain fans are just as much to blame as Raiola. They spur conspiracy theories like they are fact. They boo and jeer him at the end of last season when he was our best player.

A few bood him on his return versus Watford. Man must really be feeling the love, all while himself and everyone in the club knows he was never the reason we weren't good.

Either way we need him or a creative replacement for him. Simple really.

mancan92

Bruno had an agreement with Sporting that he was leaving - if you can't see the difference then I don't really know how to debate with you. What I will say is that I've long since noticed that the rolling eyes emoji on here is the emblem of the halfwit.

Raiola has explicitly said exactly that about Pogba being focused on getting fit for the Euros and deciding on his future afterwards. He's said it on more than on occasion.

A player with the right sort of mentality, focus and commitment to his club doesn't have to speak out against his agent because his agent isn't out spouting shite in public. Pogba isn't doing so because he's on board with what Raiola is trying to achieve. He think's he's more important than the club and is eyeing up his next move already.
So Bruno had an agreement and that excuses his agent going around and whoring the captain of the team to any random team? I don't remember Bruno saying anything other than the typical things that pogba has also said.

Also the bolded part is what you keep confusing. Agents say whatever they want Pogba never said that. He said he wants to get back fit and playing for manchester united again. Again I've asked you tell me a player who has come out against his agent and most agents spend the time talking about their players futures. Look at that Messi situation just recently when did he come out and ease Barcelona fans fears and reestablish his want to stay? He didnt.

Thisistheone

It hasn't but okay. Current team is again fecked if Bruno has a dry spell or if team focus him. Which is possibly easy to do when he is still the only real creative point.
Indeed and we better prepare for Bruno to have a dry spell, won't take long for teams to man mark him the way he's playing. Keep Bruno quiet = Keep Utd quiet at the moment. Getting Pogba in the side as well helps avoid that.

diarm

Pogba's biggest crime was being the best player in a crap United team. That's where the hate started. The goalposts have since been moved numerous times on why to hate him.

Situation is close to untenable now but let's be honest certain fans are just as much to blame as Raiola. They spur conspiracy theories like they are fact. They boo and jeer him at the end of last season when he was our best player.

A few bood him on his return versus Watford. Man must really be feeling the love, all while himself and everyone in the club knows he was never the reason we weren't good.

Either way we need him or a creative replacement for him. Simple really.
Amazing how some of us have managed to support United for more than 30 years without hating the best player every time we've hit a rough spell.

He's disliked because of a failure to show commitment, occasionally on the field but especially off it. He could have prevented any of this by either keeping his agent quiet, or coming out and clarifying his commitment to Ole and the club after Raiola's attack.

Nobody is denying he is a good player, or that he will need to be replaced. Simply that the circus his agent has created, and his silence during it, along with his eyeing up greener grass last year shows his lack of commitment to the club.

diarm

So Bruno had an agreement and that excuses his agent going around and whoring the captain of the team to any random team? I don't remember Bruno saying anything other than the typical things that pogba has also said.

Also the bolded part is what you keep confusing. Agents say whatever they want Pogba never said that. He said he wants to get back fit and playing for manchester united again. Again I've asked you tell me a player who has come out against his agent and most agents spend the time talking about their players futures. Look at that Messi situation just recently when did he come out and ease Barcelona fans fears and reestablish his want to stay? He didnt.
Christ you're tedious.

Yes, Bruno and his agent having an agreement with Sporting that he could leave (at a time when Sporting clearly needed his transfer fee) does obviously excuse his agent from speaking to clubs to try and find him a deal. How can you not grasp that?

Again? I responded to that point but you've just repeated it without even trying to understand my response.

Committed and focused players usually don't have their agents spouting shite in the first place - why on earth would there be examples of them speaking out against words that were never spoken?

It has happened on occasion and indeed, players have come out and spoken publicly to clarify and reassure their commitment. I reckon the level of your spoof can best be highlighted by the fact that Messi did exactly that after the recent situation:

Lionel Messi said:
“I have said many times that my idea is (to stay) and as long as the club continue to want that, there will never be a problem,” the 32-year-old said.

“I want to win another Champions League, I want to continue winning LaLiga and I always aspire to that.

“I have always had the choice, there were many interested clubs willing to pay the release clause, but it never occurred to me to leave and does not now either. I love Barcelona, this is my home.”
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/lionel-messi-wants-stay-barcelona

laughtersassassin

Amazing how some of us have managed to support United for more than 30 years without hating the best player every time we've hit a rough spell.

He's disliked because of a failure to show commitment, occasionally on the field but especially off it. He could have prevented any of this by either keeping his agent quiet, or coming out and clarifying his commitment to Ole and the club after Raiola's attack.

Nobody is denying he is a good player, or that he will need to be replaced. Simply that the circus his agent has created, and his silence during it, along with his eyeing up greener grass last year shows his lack of commitment to the club.
So my question then becomes do you think our quality is irrelevant to if a player is considering going or not?

Pogba wanted to leave cause very simply put he is better than a team coming 4th 5th 6th etc.

Regardless of his performances he was never the reason we didn't do well, our squad quality was.

How low do we have to be to accept that of you don't do well enough or have enough ambition then top quality players will want to go elsewhere so to not waste their careers.

If we got good Pogba would have never wanted to go in my opinion.

mancan92

Christ you're tedious.

Yes, Bruno and his agent having an agreement with Sporting that he could leave (at a time when Sporting clearly needed his transfer fee) does obviously excuse his agent from speaking to clubs to try and find him a deal. How can you not grasp that?

Again? I responded to that point but you've just repeated it without even trying to understand my response.

Committed and focused players usually don't have their agents spouting shite in the first place - why on earth would there be examples of them speaking out against words that were never spoken?

It has happened on occasion and indeed, players have come out and spoken publicly to clarify and reassure their commitment. I reckon the level of your spoof can best be highlighted by the fact that Messi did exactly that after the recent situation:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/lionel-messi-wants-stay-barcelona
Haha its alright mate keep moving the goalposts all you like. Every transfer window players have their agents making comments and sending out offers. But very rarely do players comment. Pogba has said he wants to get fit and ready to play for manchester united. Thats what he has said. So whatever the agent says doesn't matter. He has done little wrong mate accept it and move on. No one at the club has even hinted at him being some sort of nuisance or a negative in the dressing room. So clearly he isn't what you think he is.

Fair enough Messi eventually came out after being offered another bumper contract. I'm sure come the summer if we offer Pogba another big contract and have champions league football he'll be saying he wants to win everything here aswell.

Aarron Swift

Selling Pogba whilst we could still get £100m+ for him. Bringing in a quality player for lower wages that wants to play for the club and isn't always going to be a sideshow. Pogba will continue to take all the headlines all the time hes a United player, his agent will continue to openly speak about the club and every summer Pogba will attempt to leave.

Pogba - £120m Transfer Fee (hopefully) & removal of his £290,000 a week wages. replaced with Jack Grealish - £60m & £150,000 a week wages makes both business sense to me and creates a better 'team'

I'm not suggesting Grealish is a better footballer at all compared to Pogba but the baggage with him means its just better for all to cut loose.

The Original

You must have really disliked Ronaldo then. Did you?

mancan92

Selling Pogba whilst we could still get £100m+ for him. Bringing in a quality player for lower wages that wants to play for the club and isn't always going to be a sideshow. Pogba will continue to take all the headlines all the time hes a United player, his agent will continue to openly speak about the club and every summer Pogba will attempt to leave.

Pogba - £120m Transfer Fee (hopefully) & removal of his £290,000 a week wages. replaced with Jack Grealish - £60m & £150,000 a week wages makes both business sense to me and creates a better 'team'

I'm not suggesting Grealish is a better footballer at all compared to Pogba but the baggage with him means its just better for all to cut loose.
If we managed to make this happen I would be all for it. But I don't have faith that we would reinvest and get Grealish or someone of that level.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Or alternatively we keep winning, attract better players and start to challenge for the title and keep the better player in Pogba.

His agent goes quiet because the club is finally keeping it's promise of getting regular CL football and challenging for the title, everybody wins. (apart from the jose boys)

Grealish isn't half as talented as Pogba when at his best, but we do need him back at his best. If that isn't possible and he can't be happy here, then fine let him go.

IMO the move he wants won't work out this summer, he's here 1 more year and he either signs a new deal or leaves on a cut price.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

I agree, I also think Grealish is a far more consistent player even if he’s not as good as Pogba. I’d rather have Grealish playing at 7/10 every week than Pogba playing 10/10 once a month and not looking arsed for the other 3 games.

Grealish is also a more hard working player, and fits right in with where we’re going. Not only does it make financial sense, freeing up funds for Sancho or whoever, it’s better for squad harmony and work ethic.

Aarron Swift

Or alternatively we keep winning, attract better players and start to challenge for the title and keep the better player in Pogba.

His agent goes quiet because the club is finally keeping it's promise of getting regular CL football and challenging for the title, everybody wins. (apart from the jose boys)

Grealish isn't half as talented as Pogba when at his best, but we do need him back at his best. If that isn't possible and he can't be happy here, then fine let him go.

IMO the move he wants won't work out this summer, he's here 1 more year and he either signs a new deal or leaves on a cut price.
If Pogba is only here for another year only to leave next summer for far less money, I'd rather sell at whats likely to be his peak price from here on out this summer to get players who will be at the club for next 3-5 years.

I know the media unfairly have it out for Pogba so we cant always trust what they write about him but he seems completely uninvested with playing for United so next season with Pogba at United doesn't seem right for any party. Reports are hes wanted to leave for the last 2 summers and will also want out this summer too. excluding the summer he first arrived, that means hes wanted to leave the club, 3 of the 4 summers 2018, 2019 + 2020

youngrell

Can't we just get the lad back fit, see how he plays for the rest of the season and make a decision then?

All this speculation about his future and his behaviour when there are literally not facts to back it up are so tedious.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Pogba is only here for another year only to leave next summer for far less money, I'd rather sell at whats likely to be his peak price from here on out this summer to get players who will be at the club for next 3-5 years.

I know the media unfairly have it out for Pogba so we cant always trust what they write about him but he seems completely uninvested with playing for United so next season with Pogba at United doesn't seem right for any party. Reports are hes wanted to leave for the last 2 summers and will also want out this summer too. excluding the summer he first arrived, that means hes wanted to leave the club, 3 of the 4 summers 2018, 2019 + 2020
The issue is will there be a seller? who's going to want to spend 120m this summer + his wages if they can get him for half price next year?

I personally don't think Madrid are desperate to sign him (zidane does want him) Juve have loads of midfielders already, can they afford him with Ronaldo also?

Maybe PSG could get him but does he want to go there? possibly.

Aarron Swift

The issue is will there be a seller? who's going to want to spend 120m this summer + his wages if they can get him for half price next year?

I personally don't think Madrid are desperate to sign him (zidane does want him) Juve have loads of midfielders already, can they afford him with Ronaldo also?

Maybe PSG could get him but does he want to go there? possibly.
I think that could be an issue as well. He appears desperate for Real Madrid but are they desperate for him? I'd have thought if they were to spend big money on a player this Summer the would prefer to go for Mbappe if they can make that happen. If the reported offer last summer of around £30m and James Rodriguez is an indication of how much the value Pogba, that could be an problem for him.

Potentially Juventus? Still i think they'd try to negotiate between £70-90m.

laughtersassassin

Doing extra training. What a bad egg this guy is eh

Man I hope it all works out for him either here or elsewhere, love him as a player and a human being from what little we get to see.

diarm

Doing extra training. What a bad egg this guy is eh

Man I hope it all works out for him either here or elsewhere, love him as a player and a human being from what little we get to see.

This from the guy who was calling Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pathetic a month ago.

Fascinating where fans choose to pin their loyalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.