Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Of course he is suddenly all over the media claiming he can’t wait to return now the league has been suspended for months.
Yes , he’s the guy who has used a global pandemic to his own advantage. Sure.

I’m convinced the circus around Pogba is mostly in people’s heads. Reactions to his injury are bizarre.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes , he’s the guy who has used a global pandemic to his own advantage. Sure.

I’m convinced the circus around Pogba is mostly in people’s heads. Reactions to his injury are bizarre.
The circus around Pogba is not limited to his injuries to be fair. Causing public disruptions under the Mourinho (wrong as Mourinho may have been) and failing to put a muzzle on his agent are two major factors that a lot of supporters have a gripe with.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
That's great :lol:

I can already picture his salty scouse face turning red with rage once it's brought to his attention
Sourness has already responded:

https://www.football365.com/news/graeme-souness-paul-pogba-man-utd-liverpool-jamie-carragher

Carragher being a shit stirring cnut but not surprised given this is a guy who spits at children. Makes me laugh when he talks about below the belt behaviour.

Pogba is right to completely dismiss Souness, especially since it’s clear as day that the criticism is rooted in racism.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The circus around Pogba is not limited to his injuries to be fair. Causing public disruptions under the Mourinho (wrong as Mourinho may have been) and failing to put a muzzle on his agent are two major factors that a lot of supporters have a gripe with.
I think these two factors are fine for fans to have issues with, although as you said Jose was the instigator of those issues, comments after World Cup that we’re unnecessary, pulling Pogba up publicly in front of cameras on the training pitch and not behind closed doors only to be proven wrong anyway. Publicly saying Pogba will never captain the club again was totally unnecessary and there was no positive outcome that would ever come from that. Poor management.

That being said the circus is really the other things, like the poster I was replying to who claimed Pogba is using a global pandemic for his own benefit, or posters repeatedly questioning the validity of his injury endlessly, the types who try to make an issue out of everything.......you know the type right ?

laughtersassassin

Funny thing is they talking about total medals in Souness favour when Pogba has nearly won just as much but still has a decent chunk of his career remaining.

Stacks

Sourness has already responded:

https://www.football365.com/news/graeme-souness-paul-pogba-man-utd-liverpool-jamie-carragher

Carragher being a shit stirring cnut but not surprised given this is a guy who spits at children. Makes me laugh when he talks about below the belt behaviour.

Pogba is right to completely dismiss Souness, especially since it’s clear as day that the criticism is rooted in racism.
He (Carra) is such a stirrer. literally no need to create a conversation on tv about this. At least they had a laugh about it

Not sure about the racism part though

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He (Carra) is such a stirrer. literally no need to create a conversation on tv about this.

Not sure about the racism part though
I don’t think it’s overt racism but something psychologically ingrained in a man of Souness’s generation. I’m not going to derail the thread but there’s heaps of good opinion pieces on this topic online, especially with the terrible media treatment suffered by Sterling and there’s obvious parallels with how Pogba is treated.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think these two factors are fine for fans to have issues with, although as you said Jose was the instigator of those issues, comments after World Cup that we’re unnecessary, pulling Pogba up publicly in front of cameras on the training pitch and not behind closed doors only to be proven wrong anyway. Publicly saying Pogba will never captain the club again was totally unnecessary and there was no positive outcome that would ever come from that. Poor management.

That being said the circus is really the other things, like the poster I was replying to who claimed Pogba is using a global pandemic for his own benefit, or posters repeatedly questioning the validity of his injury endlessly, the types who try to make an issue out of everything.......you know the type right ?
He did though - he put up a post in jest to say that people should do his signature dab as part of guidance towards keeping safe in the pandemic.

hmchan

The major culprit responsible for the circus around Pogba is the media. They had labelled him as a flop at the moment he returned, even before he played his debut. They were too desperate to make a big fuss over his pricetag and they certainly couldn't afford to change their viewpoints and admit mistakes. They have an agenda to bring Pogba down whenever possible. That's why they pick his flaws when he's having a bad day, or attack his hairstyle when he's playing well.

This also applies to the so-called war between Mourinho and Pogba. We were not Mourinho nor Pogba and we wouldn't know what was actually going on. People basically judged only on what the media had presented to us (which was clearly biased), and that's why they had a gripe. From what I saw, Mourinho chose to stick with Pogba at that time, despite his reputation for dropping and getting rid of disobedient players. He didn't actively put him on the transfer list either. Therefore, I highly doubted whether their relationship was as bad as the media described. In my opinion, the media exaggerated the incident and were largely responsible for the circus.

Stacks

I don’t think it’s overt racism but something psychologically ingrained in a man of Souness’s generation. I’m not going to derail the thread but there’s heaps of good opinion pieces on this topic online, especially with the terrible media treatment suffered by Sterling and there’s obvious parallels with how Pogba is treated.
I too do not wish to derail the club but I just wanted to briefly speak. I don't think because 2 black players have been criticized heavily its enough to conclude a person is racist. If I did a poll and asked

"why does Graeme Sourness continually go for Pogba?

Is it;

a) He came with a huge rep of being one of the world's best players
b) he is a black man
c) His price tag was a world record fee
d) He deals inconsistent and heavily fluctuating performances
e) A misunderstanding of the type of player he is
f) belief that he is disinterested and as if he doesn't care
g) Graeme thinks Pogba is better than what he is/showing
h) He is black
i) Plays for a rival club
j) Biggest player in a failing giant that used to be dominant

so it is clear as day that it is b) and h)?

No other explanations are considered by Mr Sourness?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I too do not wish to derail the club but I just wanted to briefly speak. I don't think because 2 black players have been criticized heavily its enough to conclude a person is racist. If I did a poll and asked

"why does Graeme Sourness continually go for Pogba?

Is it;

a) He came with a huge rep of being one of the world's best players
b) he is a black man
c) His price tag was a world record fee
d) He deals inconsistent and heavily fluctuating performances
e) A misunderstanding of the type of player he is
f) belief that he is disinterested and as if he doesn't care
g) Graeme thinks Pogba is better than what he is/showing
h) He is black
i) Plays for a rival club
j) Biggest player in a failing giant that used to be dominant

so it is clear as day that it is b) and h)?

No other explanations are considered by Mr Sourness?
I would honestly encourage you to take a look at some of the excellent opinion pieces available online about the treatment of Sterling by the UK media. I think it’s a bigger issue than just Souness.

Rolaholic

Some people overestimate how well known Souness is.
Just another case of British players and pundits vastly overvaluing their global influence outside of the Anglosphere

It really isn't farfetched or a slight to believe a Francophone player born and raised in France who only moved to England in 2009 wouldn't know a Scottish Liverpool legend from their heydey in the 80's :lol:

Don't think Carragher really wants to get into a duck measuring contest in regards to who has won what either...

A world cup winners medal is the ultimate trump card

Also its pretty rich hearing something being considered 'below the belt' from a man that has been caught on camera spitting at a childs face

TsuWave

To be honest, it’s kind of weird how Souness goes in on tirades about Pogba, even when he’s not playing, and then Pogba makes a completely understandable and plausible remark that he didn’t know about Souness but heard that he was a good player, and Carragher says it’s “below the belt”. What the hell

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Funny how Carragher immediately pushes his agenda on this (non) story. Below the belt? Really? Then funny how quick Souness is to try and insist he’s fine with it, then barely let’s the Sky pundit finish his sentence before jumping in agreement. Sure Graeme. You go have a lie down with your overly sensitive friend.

TsuWave

What did Pogba say about Souness? Quite pleased hes called him out on it to be fair.

he didn’t say much really. one of the guys interviewing him said he should have sent a picture of the World Cup trophy to Souness and Pogba said “I didn’t even know who he is, I hear that he was I great player but I don’t know him”

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

he didn’t say much really. one of the guys interviewing him said he should have sent a picture of the World Cup trophy to Souness and Pogba said “I didn’t even know who he is, I hear that he was I great player but I don’t know him”
Nothing wrong in saying that. Charrager and Souness clearly rattled :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Someone should ask Carragher if he really knows Marius Trésor or Jean-Pierre Adams. These are great players from Souness generation and I bet that the vast majority of none french people won't be familiar with them, we are talking about a time where not that many games were televised domestically and foreing games were definitely not easily available, the main way to get familiar with these players was through international competitions and even then it was only true for the very best teams and the international calendar was smaller than it is today.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Bit weird that the so called unprofessional one out of the three is the one who isn't acting like a child.

He did though - he put up a post in jest to say that people should do his signature dab as part of guidance towards keeping safe in the pandemic.
:lol:

Everyone with common sense knows why he made the dab comment. He has a lot of followers who are children and he was encouraging them to sneeze on their upper arm; not hands.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bit weird that the so called unprofessional one out of the three is the one who isn't acting like a child.

:lol:

Everyone with common sense knows why he made the dab comment. He has a lot of followers who are children and he was encouraging them to sneeze on their upper arm; not hands.
Yeah, that's why :lol:

Baxter

Nothing wrong in saying that. Charrager and Souness clearly rattled :lol:
Souness has come out with utter nonsense how many times over the last couple of years. Pogba gives a sly dig (maybe not even that) and it’s below the belt :lol:.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well I’ve said the circus is in people’s head largely, whilst the comments from the agent and the fall out with Jose are understandable.....and in response you’re suggesting Pogba has used the Corona Virus to publicise the dab?
If that’s not the definition of your bias against him creating an issue that isn’t there....well I don’t know what is. Sad really.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Of course it is. The people like you who have a weird, obsessive agenda against everything he does do worry me.
I have an agenda against no one. I didn't rate him and the mods decided to put a tag on me. What I find hilarious is how defensive certain fans of his are. He is literally free from any blame and never criticised by these fans, ever.

Baxter

In a post quite clearly in partnership with the World Health Organization. You love to criticise him, but this isn’t it.

Stacks

I would honestly encourage you to take a look at some of the excellent opinion pieces available online about the treatment of Sterling by the UK media. I think it’s a bigger issue than just Souness.
I have and I agree with the Sterling ones. I feel the Pogba criticism is a bit different and listed the plausible causes in my last post

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In a post quite clearly in partnership with the World Health Organization. You love to criticise him, but this isn’t it.

OK, retracted, it's really not a big deal. I have no problem retracting where I've made an error in judgement. The standard reaction of "BLARGH AGENDA MAN BURN HIM" is a bit tiresome to be honest.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I have an agenda against no one. I didn't rate him and the mods decided to put a tag on me. What I find hilarious is how defensive certain fans of his are. He is literally free from any blame and never criticised by these fans, ever.
Nothing to do with your tag or how you view him as a player. You just throw all reason out the window when it comes to him with pretty much every post.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Nothing to do with your tag or how you view him as a player. You just throw all reason out the window when it comes to him with pretty much every post.
Bullshit - show me where I've thrown all reasoning out. I got ridiculed for suggesting he's not as good as people say he is, because some posters get but hurt when I don't rate a player as highly as they do.

Yagami

Good post resistant
OK, retracted, it's really not a big deal. I have no problem retracting where I've made an error in judgement. The standard reaction of "BLARGH AGENDA MAN BURN HIM" is a bit tiresome to be honest.
It's tiresome for us seeing you post nonsense like above, too. Glad to see you admit that you threw reasoning out the window just to criticise him again, though.

Baxter

As is the standard criticism of any time he uses social media. One of the most famous athletes in the world using his following to spread awareness. Of course, the first reaction is that it couldn’t possibly be positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.