Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He is in the next episode for the Official Manchester United podcast which should be released on Monday.

I have been adding new episodes to a thread if anyone is wishing to listen to the podcast, so I will update on Monday with that podcast if anyone wants to give it a listen.

Stacks

It's weird how people have such different takes on his contribution that tournament. Some will tell you he only their sixth or seventh most important player. For me he ran that midfield throughout.
Funny thing is Pogba had near as good Defensive stats as Kante that tournament. He was an all round monster.

Matuidi was bang average what tournament too
He was their best player for me. Created all their chances, was a beast defensively and pitched in important goals.

Of course Varane Mbappe and Griezmann all deserve a shout too.

They where very close but Kante wasn't near.
Verane and Mbappe were the only 2 included in the dream team and in a FIFA produced alternative dream team based off statistical analysis only Verane and Griezmann were in the team.

I feel he shone brightly in some games, so/so in others

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would liken it to a toxic relationship where you bring out the worst in each other. Pogba has the ability to drive people insane with endless repetitive posting.
Think you mean it he has the ability to drive the lunatics mad - although they're already all bonkers.

The fact they've spent probably 300 pages arguing that he's faked his injury, do they really think a club as big as Man United aren't going to check it's real? they're all absolute fruit loops :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Rolaholic

Ighlalo is literally one of us :lol:,eagerly waiting the day we get to see that MF pair together

marktan

Ighlalo is literally one of us :lol:,eagerly waiting the day we get to see that MF pair together
Considering our lack of RWs, I'd even try this

Fred - Mctominay - Bruno
Pogba - Martial - Rashford

Unconventional but I think Bruno and Pogba in midfield might make us a bit light in terms of work rate. Pogba works for France as he has Matuidi and Kante, but sometimes he gets overrun with us. He has enough attacking skill to be good in a front 3 I think, a bit like Graelish.

He'sRaldo

Fred - Mctominay - Bruno

Unconventional but I think Bruno and Pogba in midfield might make us a bit light in terms of work rate. Pogba works for France as he has Matuidi and Kante, but sometimes he gets overrun with us. He has enough attacking skill to be good in a front 3 I think, a bit like Graelish.
I've thought of Pogba in the forward line as well, although I would have him as the CF with Martial and Rashford flanking him. Something like this:

Martial - Pogba - Rashford
Fred - Scott - Bruno​

With his physical and technical attributes he could be a good CF, the question is whether he can interpret the role well in terms of movement. When Ole plays a diamond with an AM between 2 forwards, he could definitely play there as well, although it would be a bit of a waste if he can't see the ball often. More likely that Bruno will be the AM at the top of the diamond and Pogba will be left to control the midfield from deeper.

marktan

I've thought of Pogba in the forward line as well, although I would have him as the CF with Martial and Rashford flanking him. Something like this:

Martial - Pogba - Rashford
Fred - Scott - Bruno​

With his physical and technical attributes he could be a good CF, the question is whether he can interpret the role well in terms of movement. When Ole plays a diamond with an AM between 2 forwards, he could definitely play there as well, although it would be a bit of a waste if he can't see the ball often. More likely that Bruno will be the AM at the top of the diamond and Pogba will be left to control the midfield from deeper.
Yeah ole has said he sees Pogba in a deeper role so that's probably what will happen, I'm just not a huge fan of it as he's not an explosive box to box, in my eyes more of an AM. He could probably do a job at CF too as he does score a fair few, but then his creating abilities are completely negated and that'd be a huge waste. Martials finally looking good as a CF to so wouldn't want to disrupt that, but yeah out wide unlike Martial and Rashford l he doesn't have explosive pace.

I thought tbh that it'd be quite likely that we sell him after the Euros, if he had a good performance, for something like £80m to Madrid. I'd be happy with that since we have Bruno as an AM now, but with the virus and all its now unlikely. At least we'll finally have quality depth in midfield for the first time probably since the Carrick / Scholes / Hargreaves days.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Fred - Mctominay - Bruno

Bruno could work on the right. He can play a great cross and isn’t the slowest. A few teams play this sort of player on the right like Bernardo at City. feck we used to have Mata on the right and he was decent at times.

Although I’d say a safer bet would be Pogba - Fred - Bruno in midfield and Rashford - Martial - Greenwood up top until we get a right winger.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
How can they not know he had a fracture?
You only get diagnosed when you actually complain of an issue and visit a doctor. Pogba likely thought it would clear up by itself and never bothered complaining.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You only get diagnosed when you actually complain of an issue and visit a doctor. Pogba likely thought it would clear up by itself and never bothered complaining.
But given he was injured, recovering at the time I'd have thought a routine x Ray would have been a given. Anyway if it's something not picked up by that then that's fair enough.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But given he was injured, recovering at the time I'd have thought a routine x Ray would have been a given. Anyway if it's something not picked up by that then that's fair enough.
Hairline fractures aren't necessarily visible, in fact it's often not visible. It's the apparition of a callus that will give you an hint about where it actually is/was, the athlete will feel the pain/discomfort though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was playing through injury, probably just thought it was a knock. Many footballers are playing injured it's just part and parcel of sport.

If you remember Mourinho asked Smalling to play with a broken toe with injections.

Pogba once it became too bad had to stop and the found it with X rays. He recovered, but his bone grew too big and became uncomfortable. They've had to shave the bone down and start again which is why it took so long.

None of this was a conspiracy apart from the ones that made it.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If people think any of this is a conspiracy they need their heads shaking.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Too many false starts, too many behind-the-scenes rumblings, too many performances where you just think ‘this guy doesn’t really give a feck’
There have only been two of those, both last season while Mourinho was playing his stupid games. I agree that is still two too many, but it's not like there have been a lot. The rest of the time he's just been inconsistent, exactly the same as every other player in the team but for some reason when it's Pogba many people say he's simply not trying.

Web of Bissaka

When his agent ran his mouth fueling the "speculations",
Pogba barely did anything to silence it isn't it.

That's what is frustrating. His agent continues to babble on and on, and Pogba kept silence. Surely if he's serious in staying, Pogba would tell his agent to keep it down.. unless he actually agrees with it -- to exert pressure on the club for two things.

Tbf, Pogba is an ambitious player wanting to win trophies, and I'm sure with Lukaku and Herrera (two proven quality players) leaving and replaced with none similars, then the understandable tempting Zidane return and all, and with CR7 now with Juventus, let's face it -- it's tempting to join the two clubs to win trophies especially CL.

Rational ambitious player would question the ambition of this club -- the manager and especially the top hierarchy. You're not going to play forever anyway, football age has limits.

Unfortunately, the timing coincides with his lengthy injuries. He did play well this season before injuries and the few games he managed to play in between his multiple injuries.

That's my two cents about this.
Now that the talented Bruno joined and Pogba can see the club and manager are serious, and he's here to stay to have another go at this. His current contract is also fairly long enough to see and judge the situation even better.

I still believe he wants to win with us United. He could've not joined us back in 2016 and yet he did. Similar to Ronaldo, I'll let him go if we must once he help us win the league back (the most realistic, winning back CL would be shockingly great) at minimum. Staying longer would be a great welcome.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is that some sort of code or something? Why are random words bolded?

hmchan

Honestly, why the **** would Pogba want to go to Juve? They lost their chance to win UCL, the squad needs a huge investment and is pretty average to be honest. Real does not want him so much and their stars are also on a decline (Marcelo, Ramos, Modric; god knows how many yers Kroos and Benz have got on a top level).
However here, at United, there is a young and exciting squad. If Sancho comes, then the attacking five of Rash, Martial, Sancho, Bruno and Pogba is as good as anyone’s. Marcus is 22, Anthony 24, Sancho 20, Bruno 25. Also Mason is 18 and Dan is 21. And I am not talking about the rest of the squad. Clearly, if everyhing goes well we will have a fantastic squad and won't be as reliant on Pogba as we were these past years.
I think it’s clear that here he can achieve more than playing in a boring Serie A. I also would argue, if our players continue to progress, this team can become a real powerhouse in Europe and dominate for years (or at least have good chances for UCL). He also obviously loves the club and no one gonna give him as much money as United. So, sign the contract, shut up and let’s win some trophies.

Pogba (if he wants to stay) signing the new contract plus bringing in Sancho, Bellingham and Ighalo would be a fantastic window for me.
Obviously, things haven't gone so well for us in the past few years......

Handré1990

Like me and a lot of other posters have been saying, he’s not going anywhere just yet. Even before the pandemic it didn’t really look like any team would pay our huge (I’m assuming) asking price. I really can’t wait to watch United. We were fecking fun to watch again before the world stopped. That was without two of our best and most exciting players! Good times ahead.

Gopher Brown

There have only been two of those, both last season while Mourinho was playing his stupid games. I agree that is still two too many, but it's not like there have been a lot. The rest of the time he's just been inconsistent, exactly the same as every other player in the team but for some reason when it's Pogba many people say he's simply not trying.
Well, if he does ever play for us again he'll be alongside much better players than when he last played. He looks great for France for example.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Of course he is suddenly all over the media claiming he can’t wait to return now the league has been suspended for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.