Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fosu mensah and lindelof were also covering their faces with their hands in that incident as like it or not it is natural instinct to do .He was below his best tonight but still played better than most including Fernandez , Martial and Rashford for example
Pogba was easily the worst player on the pitch. You putting Martial there anyway is a joke. Martial and Greenwood were the only 2 who came away from that match with any credit.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fosu mensah and lindelof were also covering their faces with their hands in that incident as like it or not it is natural instinct to do .He was below his best tonight but still played better than most including Fernandez , Martial and Rashford for example
This forum is full of pogba fanboys, and yet he was voted with lowest average score in our player performance rating (average of 3.9 from 255 Ratings).

Is there an anti pogba bot infested into the forum software that is deliberately skewering his score?

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

It was an instinctive reaction, and he's not used to facing shots. Not that good at nor used to defending. Defenders, keepers and defensive midfielders shouldn't have that problem. He's just not suited at this.

That said...

:nervous: Footballer shouldn't be afraid of the ball. That was embarrassing.

threamcloud

I wouldn't sell him, he's world class, all world class players have off days.

Was he stupid giving away the pen? Yes but he's not the only one to have been poor the past few games.

It comes down to not having the quality in squad depth to rest him and others. So we'll continue to get poor performances from players who have played 4 games in 10 days until we can rest them with adequate back up.
He is the one who getting rest the last game ffs. Stop using heavy fixture as an excuse for players. Look at Chelsea players, who play the same amount, yet, they dont walk on the pitch for full 90 minutes. And no I'm not exaggerating, he truely WALKED the whole match.

threamcloud

S
Silly mistake for the pen but played no worse than anybody else.

People are just scapegoating as usual. The team had 90 minutes to win the match and none of the players did anything apart from Greenwood and Martial.

Where was Rashford all match?
So now "other players play bad, so of course beloved Pogba will join them too" are the new excuse?

Of course, that's why we been conned for 89m pounds when he plays for the best team in Italy, who spoon fed him everything he needs. Pirlo did all the job and he danced all night, getting some youtube moments.

I will be grateful if owners of Real, PSG have same thought as Pogba fanboys, and buy him into their world class team, so they can spoon fed him more.

How I wish so.

Suedesi

He's not committed? All the indications are he'll likely sign a new contract very soon.
Who else would pay Man It'd wages for him? Madrid? No. Barca? No. Juve? No. PSG? They could but they don't need him. They have better midfielders. We are stuck with the shit.

threamcloud

Who else would pay Man It'd wages for him? Madrid? No. Barca? No. Juve? No. PSG? They could but they don't need him. They have better midfielders. We are stuck with the shit.
With Raiola skill, there is another massive contract coming.
What can we do? We cannot sell him. Face it, we aint gonna sell cheap, and if we sell for any more than 70m, noone will ever knock our door. Releasing him and we will be a laugh bag for entire football world. I cannot find any damn logical moves other than renew his contract next year.
And you know, that would be a huge one, maybe making Sanchez deal 2nd worst decision.
In conclusion, we cannot do anythng else. We stuck. We are doomed.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
The guy is on easy street, and has been for 18 months, it would have been nice to see him up his game after his cowardice conceding the penalty, but no, just a pleasant stroll in the second half, the sooner we feck him off, and I don't care if we take a big hit on the transfer fee, the better.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Leicester is a huge game for him (if he's even picked at all). Personally I think starting him would be too big a risk, but I don't see Ole leaving him on the bench. So it's a massive game for him to prove himself, both for United, but also prove his own quality. Can he react to a dog shit performance in a big game for the club? Show everyone he has it in him to be more than the average level he's shown? Chance for him to at least redeem himself to the fans, as he certainly owes the club a lot.

My only Eric

To those who keep blaming Pogba for the teams failure, maybe the manager should stop playing him so deep.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pogba was easily the worst player on the pitch. You putting Martial there anyway is a joke. Martial and Greenwood were the only 2 who came away from that match with any credit.
I don't think he was the worst. Didn't do any worse than Fernandes for example. Less wasteful, probably. But he still wasn't very good and the handball was terrible.

amolbhatia50k

I sometimes wonder what is his role in the team. He no longer makes those forward runs to the box nor does he make any risky forward passes. He just plays too safe and lets Matic make forward passes. Ole has to ask him to play closer to our forwards than just stay with Matic.
He's been passing it excellently in between the lines to the forwards/Fernandes or playing long cross field passes out wide. But yeah, you'd expect someone of his talent to bomb forward more, and more decisively.

amolbhatia50k

Silly mistake for the pen but played no worse than anybody else.

People are just scapegoating as usual. The team had 90 minutes to win the match and none of the players did anything apart from Greenwood and Martial.

Where was Rashford all match?
Rashford was much worse than Pogba.

But we can't have such an experienced player messing about like he did for the handball.

hungrywing

Still looks like a player that doesn't want to be here. Came back after a long injury all fired up and ready to prove a point. Had a few good games, reminded the world that he's still a class player and then panned off again. Probably doesn't care too much if we don't get CL as us failing will make it easier for him to get his move. I've defended him all along but he really needs to leave.
Could be true. I'd put nothing past Raiola scheming up in the background.
There's petulant manipulation and there's pure evil.

manutddjw

I’ve defended Pogba many times and found the criticism of him to be ridiculous at times. Having said that, he plays like someone who was given a position, but he absolutely hates the role.

hungrywing

I’ve defended Pogba many times and found the criticism of him to be ridiculous at times. Having said that, he plays like someone who was given a position, but he absolutely hates the role.
It's possible he's doing something that's called malicious compliance.

For example" Mom tells you to run the washing machine. You see a red sock in with the whites. Run the machine without removing it. "You told me to run the washing machine."

CG1010

Pogba is at an age where is he supposed to be prime of his career. If this is the prime, then he would look back at his career pretty disappointed. 2 world class performances and 4 poor/average performances - he is capable of much much more.

He presents an enigma to all our managers, doesn't he? At current form Fred/Mctominay may be better as they would atleast bring energy. But on form and confidence, he is 10x better than him. But nobody knows which Pogba will turn up in the next game.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Leicester is a huge game for him (if he's even picked at all). Personally I think starting him would be too big a risk, but I don't see Ole leaving him on the bench. So it's a massive game for him to prove himself, both for United, but also prove his own quality. Can he react to a dog shit performance in a big game for the club? Show everyone he has it in him to be more than the average level he's shown? Chance for him to at least redeem himself to the fans, as he certainly owes the club a lot.
He will start no doubt, whether we'll regret it or not remains to be seen. I share your concerns tbh

Eddy_JukeZ

He has a big opportunity to rise up and right the wrong of his egregious hand-ball error by putting in a great performance vs Leicester.

Hopefully he takes it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think he's loving the amount of ball possession he gets in a safer midfield role these days. He truly looks like he enjoys letting Bruno hit risky passes instead of him for once. It takes the pressure off his shoulders and gives him the freedom to still indulge in his fancy passes without getting crucified anymore. Other than that we all know he shouldn't have protected his face today, but it was human-like and completely forgivable.

JBD-dane

Remember Vidic against Swansea where he lied down on the grass and threw his head in front of a shot? (If not go on a check it on youtube)
Put that in comparison to Pogba..

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Remember Vidic against Swansea where he lied down on the grass and threw his head in front of a shot? (If not go on a check it on youtube)
Put that in comparison to Pogba..
Pogba has his Instagram modelling career to think about! Gotta protect the money maker!

Mr Smith

You can't use both your hands to protect your face from a ball that has travelled 30 yards before it get's to you whilst your standing in the penalty area.

I learnt that in junior school, judging by Pogba's reaction to the decision he did too. Stone wall pen, more so than ever before with VAR giving penalties for balls being blasted at players arms from less than a yard away.

I usually defend him but this one was a shocker, another goal absolutely gifted away and this was the worst of the lot.
As I say, it's not a conversation for this thread but even though it's undoutably stupid to put your hands up like that, I am so against that being a penalty. The ball is going miles wide. I get that to the letter of the law it's a pen, but it shouldn't be.

Bondi77

Maybe he is auditioning to be our new keeper after seeing De Gea’s contract.

Squeaky Bumtime

His reaction for the penalty was stupid to say the least. Turn your back to the ball if you're so afraid of the ball but don't raise your head.

Despite him being really bad and practically walking around majority of the game I'd start him in Bruno's position on Sunday. I keep reading position he plays now doesn't suit him, lets see him then closer to the goal. Playing at a walking space wont help him there one bit.

theklr

To those who keep blaming Pogba for the teams failure, maybe the manager should stop playing him so deep.
I disagree, we dont have anyone that can dictate the play and tempo like him at the moment.

It doesnt look flashy, but it is vital. We bought Fernandes to go forward.

He played the same as everybody else.

You have to understand our tactics, we use him as the ball carrier to link defence and attack. When Matic and especially Bruno are there we have lots of passing options, and he has a lot more freedom. When they are tired (like now) those options are easily cut out and it's entirely on Pogba to move the ball forward, all the opposition has to do is sit a player in front of him and theres not a lot he can do (and he is also tired).

We're not going to see the best of him until next season, if hes still here.

We have to do that because Matic hasnt got the legs to run the midfield on his own - Ole has run him into the ground. Immediately after the restart he was playing much higher.

Classical Mechanic

Leicester play an open game so it should suit him better. The old adage in football is that you're only as good as your last game so lets hope that he can redeem himself.

Andersonson

Im not Pogbas biggest fan, but everytime a player does a mistake we cannot go full on rant mode.
We've been very good since Pogba and Bruno came into the team after the break and we're now 3rd, something nobody expected.

If we can get CL next season and keep Pogba and build on what we got we got a good team that can be very exciting. Let's try to keep it calm and see how the season ends.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba just looks very tired. He has no spring in his step, could hardly run with the ball.

The whole team looked like they're playing an online fifa match with scripting against them :lol: compare to how he danced around the side of Eric Dier and how he was moving last night, he and the whole team just look completely off the pace.

Unfortunately I think we need the 2 week break to come so we can get some proper rest into their legs, then hit the Europa League and try to win that.

norm87cro

Yeah I would tend to agree but don't you think he would be better of as an impact sub in the last 30? (I just stressed that earlier in this thread) The club is risking CL football next year on a gamble one sulky midfielder shows up. And then we will hear that Pogba wants a move because he wants CL football.

Classical Mechanic

Pogba just looks very tired. He has no spring in his step, could hardly run with the ball.
If this was Bruno or Rashford then fair enough. He's played 10 games since the restart after playing very limited minutes all season. He's one of the few players to have his minutes managed so I'm not sure what the excuse is for him being knackered?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Exactly.

Even if we ignore the penalty (which was absolutely fecking embarrassing) where was the response?

If letting his team down like that can’t put a rocket up his arse, what other motivation does this chump need to play like the world class talent I keep being told he is? The only player in that XI to get a semblance of a rest against Chelsea. A measly 15 league appearances. And he played like the most gassed looking player on the pitch tonight. Inexcusable.
This. If Lukaku or Fellaini delivered something like that everyone would be screaming bloody murder.

Get rid. Never mind all the off field drama. No use having talent if you cant be arsed. Ship him of to Spain and invest in someone who actually wants to be here

MiracleInMadrid

There’s really nothing more that needs to be said, except to add that I’ve never seen any other central midfield player who like Pogba, shows absolute no desire, whatsoever (nor any ability), to contribute with midfield defensive duties when the opposition have possession, or are attacking. Not even a feeble attempt to close down, challenge, tackle, win back possession or chase after the ball.

For all his natural talent and skill, there’s any out of a dozen midfield players from average and mid table EPL teams, I’d rather have in the squad than Pogba.
This is what really pissed me off against West Ham. I think it was much more evident in this match than earlier. He looked so disinterested. Some of it may be down to tiredness after a rough couple of weeks. But that doesn't stop Matic and Bruno being all over the pitch and at least try to help out with pressing.

Most of the time he withdraws from aerial duels, looks disinterested and frustrated, is too far from the opposition players to press them and he will never ever hurry up and make up for his mistake when he loses the ball. Always looking at the ref, and always in denial over his own mistakes and lazyness at times.

Yesterday sealed it for me. I have no more confidence in him making it here. He has looked a bit resurrected after the corona-break but is now back to being the Pogba we have seen for the majority of his time here.
He only seems motivated when the rest of the team is playing well. We need a leader who will be motivated especially when the rest of the team is of the pace. He has all the ability in the world. Has pace, power, good shooting, dribling and passing. But his ability to motivate himself and concentrate lets him down time after time.

Adding Bruno to the team has taken some pressure of him and actually made him look better, but for me, it has also showed me that we are not dependent on Pogba. He's a top-earner, senior player with many matches, big status at the club, has won big trophies before and gets a ton of playtime. With that status he isn't contributing enough both as a player and a leader.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If this was Bruno or Rashford then fair enough. He's played 10 games since the restart after playing very limited minutes all season. He's one of the few players to have his minutes managed so I'm not sure what the excuse is for him being knackered?
Fernandes and Rashford are clearly naturally fitter, they're smaller and lighter which does make a difference. Pogba is 6'4 and a heavy frame, his type of body clearly needs more recovery time.

If it was just Pogba i'd say it's on him, the issue is though both Rashford and Fernandes look shot too!. Clearly the whole squad is suffering with not enough recovery time, some people here seem to think 2/3 days (plus travel) is enough to recover and still play at your maximum :houllier:

I really do think Ole should have sacrificed either the semi final or the west ham match and just heavily rotated. While yes they are "able" to play, they're not sharp enough to actually effect anything. Performance across the whole team has massively dropped off and there's no coincidence why.

Status
Not open for further replies.