6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackal&hyde

Without Pogba we are a team that creates very few chances and with strikers that are not exactly clinical, what we've seen against West Ham is what we'll get. We are almost a one trick pony when it comes to creating chances, and we need our pony back ASAP :)

Remember the geese

Just watched Mcguinn run off Guendouzi. Had a little laugh at Pogue Mahone getting giddy after he had a good game a few weeks back and described him as a complete midfielder after watching one game :lol::lol::lol:
Maybe he didn't watch Guendouzi the other week and was going off information from people he trusts.

finneh

We are absolutely sh*te without Pogba.
We are absolutely shite with or without Pogba. Crystal Palace and West Ham are two very similar performances... Once with Pogba and one without.

Pogba, just like the rest of the squad, is very much part of the shite.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pretty sure Ole said he could be back for the midweek game, personally I wouldn't risk him because god knows we need him for the Arsenal game

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't believe people were giving him grief about moving to better clubs.
I have supported this club since I was a kid and if a top club came after me, I wouldn't hesitate to put a transfer request. This club is rudderless.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol:

Do you honestly think he would have changed things today?

He’s back against the mighty dale on Wednesday so chill out
I've never seen you point out any flaws in Pogba. In fact, every time someone criticizes him you're there to immediately rebuke whatever they said and claim he's actually perfect.

This is the exact kind of game he'd have zero impact in btw, because he never puts any effort in and can't control the tempo of the game. Nolan always gets the better of him.
By all means, let Mctominay and Matic be the "engine room" :nervous: if you like, but if you're telling me Pogba couldn't do a better job than Mata or Pereira in attack then you're bonkers.

I think it's pretty obvious by now, Pogba isn't perfect and has his flaws, but what he brings us is MUCH more valuable than what he gives away.

jackal&hyde

By all means, let Mctominay and Matic be the "engine room" :nervous: if you like, but if you're telling me Pogba couldn't do a better job than Mata or Pereira in attack then you're bonkers.

I think it's pretty obvious by now, Pogba isn't perfect and has his flaws, but what he brings us is MUCH more valuable than what he gives away.
Don't even think it's about controlling the game but about creating chances, something that he does whether his detractors want to admit or not. A mid of Mctominay and Matic is dead in the chance creating department.

Adam-Utd

Don't even think it's about controlling the game but about creating chances, something that he does whether his detractors want to admit or not. A mid of Mctominay and Matic is dead in the chance creating department.
Oh yeah i'm 100% convinced most his haters are purely swayed by the media. He's literally no different than when we signed him, he plays the same way and makes the same PROS/CONS.

The fact is the mess with Mourinho and the noise of Madrid is what's brought it all on. I can't say i'm happy to see it either but we have to be realistic. Any top player with ambition wants to play in a winning team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not only creating chances but holding on to the ball and dribbling through the lines with it. The amount of times he creates space by going past players and pushing forward is the only way we actually progress up the pitch. Him and Martial are the only 2 senior players who can hold up the ball, link up play well, dribble in tight spaces and use their bodies to protect the ball when its congested. When both are out we are nothing but a counter attacking side with pace in behind but no quality to supply any of that.

snowkarl

I never said he's worse than McTominay though, did I?

But he is far from the Messiah people make him out to be. We play just as shit when he's in the team as when he's not.

Should have been sold and replaced by better, more motivated and dynamic players - especially since we've reshaped the entirety of the remaining team for a pressing, high tempo team.

Adam-Utd

I never said he's worse than McTominay though, did I?

But he is far from the Messiah people make him out to be. We play just as shit when he's in the team as when he's not.

Should have been sold and replaced by better, more motivated and dynamic players - especially since we've reshaped the entirety of the remaining team for a pressing, high tempo team.
And there is your problem. This isn't going to happen when we have other issues that need sorting first.

Pogba is the last player we need to move. Matic, Lingard, Mata, Pereira, Fred are all players that could be moved on before even thinking of it.

jackal&hyde

Not only creating chances but holding on to the ball and dribbling through the lines with it. The amount of times he creates space by going past players and pushing forward is the only way we actually progress up the pitch. Him and Martial are the only 2 senior players who can hold up the ball, link up play well, dribble in tight spaces and use their bodies to protect the ball when its congested. When both are out we are nothing but a counter attacking side with pace in behind but no quality to supply any of that.
I agree. One other thing i'll add is that i'm not sure how many of his detractors watched him for Juventus. I say it because still so many people expect him to be a "sets the tempo" Scholes/Xavi type or a classic AM and he is and never was either of those things. He is a mezzala that is WC when supported by a top class DM and a top class box to box player. We've seen some glimpses of this when Herrera was in top form, Pogba was in top form and almost unplayable.

Having a player of Pogba's type and not supporting him proper is like having a WC attacking full back but sh3te center halfs that can't cover him, it makes everyone look bad. Still, i think our mid can be decent with McTominay and Pogba but then we are in need of a good nr. 10 and we don't have that either. We f'ed up badly in not signing one more player in the summer, be that a nr. 10 or a mid.

jackal&hyde

Oh yeah i'm 100% convinced most his haters are purely swayed by the media. He's literally no different than when we signed him, he plays the same way and makes the same PROS/CONS.

The fact is the mess with Mourinho and the noise of Madrid is what's brought it all on. I can't say i'm happy to see it either but we have to be realistic. Any top player with ambition wants to play in a winning team.
The episode with Mourinho is the most important one IMO because it was then that the narrative of "he is a virus/ doesn't care/ etc" started. Doesn't matter that all his other managers have only the best things to say about his professionalism (including our current one), Mourinho fanboys want to hear non of it.

snowkarl

And there is your problem. This isn't going to happen when we have other issues that need sorting first.

Pogba is the last player we need to move. Matic, Lingard, Mata, Pereira, Fred are all players that could be moved on before even thinking of it.
Yes let's keep one underperforming player who has tried to force his way out of the club multiple times and let his value continue to decline because we have worse players in the squad.

Guess as long as we still have Lingard and Young we can't sell anyone.

Where was this logic when we sold Lukaku, our by far most reliable goalscorer?

Hammondo

Hes suddenly become better while not playing. We did worse with him. Yes we were most creative with him, but we were more stable without him. He is not a saviour of someone that's proving himself better than the rest.

haram

Hes suddenly become better while not playing. We did worse with him. Yes we were most creative with him, but we were more stable without him. He is not a saviour of someone that's proving himself better than the rest.
Maybe because a midfield two of Scott and Pogba is fecking stupid.

Adam-Utd

Yes let's keep one underperforming player who has tried to force his way out of the club multiple times and let his value continue to decline because we have worse players in the squad.

Guess as long as we still have Lingard and Young we can't sell anyone.

Where was this logic when we sold Lukaku, our by far most reliable goalscorer?
He isn't underperforming though is he, he's the highest G+A maker at the club whether you like it or not :lol:

Perhaps he's the best of a bad bunch, but it doesn't change the fact he's still the player that's involved with the most goals.

Taking him out of the team will only lead to more games like this.

yet again, if you want stability then leave Matic + Mctominay together fine.

But Pogba walks into the team over Mata / Pereira / Lingard in the 10 position, it's literally 0 contest.

If when Pogba comes back and he isn't played further forward i'll be shocked.

romufc

We conceded with him, we got more clean sheets without him.
Yes, but we look alot more lacklusture. Are you including the game V Astana as well?

We scored more with Pogba in one game than the rest of the games put together.

Hammondo

Yes, but we look alot more lacklusture. Are you including the game V Astana as well?

We scored more with Pogba in one game than the rest of the games put together.
Yea but we scored more in that 1 game than the rest of the games with pogba as well. Was just a 1 off game. Yea we are more lacklustre, we still win more. My point is just that hes not the saviour, and hes not had a good season either.

romufc

Yea but we scored more in that 1 game than the rest of the games with pogba as well. Was just a 1 off game. Yea we are more lacklustre, we still win more. My point is just that hes not the saviour, and hes not had a good season either.
Oh yeah he isn't a saviour but lets be honest that when he doesn't play that midfield is probably championship level. James, Matic, McT, Perreira, Mata

jackal&hyde

Wasn't he somewhere in top 4 for chances created (PL wide)? I can't search for the stat myself right now.

Hammondo

Wasn't he somewhere in top 4 for chances created (PL wide)? I can't search for the stat myself right now.
As the huge argument on one of the threads said, these chances statistics are worthless because usually the chances are nothing.

jackal&hyde

As the huge argument on one of the threads said, these chances statistics are worthless because usually the chances are nothing.
If the chances created mean nothing and the assist needs the finisher to be able to actually finish, then how do you measure a creative's player influence?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just hows how important he is to the team. Without him we really lack any ideas. Hopefully Ole will push him to attacking role with Fred and McTominay as midfield. We need Pogba in the attack, he is our best player when it comes to unlocking defenses.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yet you have fools who think we're better off without him. Also would have said I'm surprised to hear this but this being the Caf I'm not even surprised to see posts claiming that they'd rather do away with his creativity for some mythical stability(which we don't have even without him).

You come on these board and you come across all sort of ridiculous posts.

fergiesarmy1

Goal-scoring from a player playing the majority of his matches this season in defensive mid in a pivot?

Says it all. :houllier:
He doesn’t do much defending either so he’s basically a £100 million pound quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.