View full 2019-20 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds suspicious he was posting videos of himself on a bike in Dubai on Monday, probably not the best exercise if he has a cracked bone in his foot.
Probably the perfect exercise for him. Zero impact on his foot.

fergiesarmy1

Probably the perfect exercise for him. Zero impact on his foot.
Not sure what the difference is between cracked and broken but I’d say something like swimming is better than pressurising your foot against something solid constantly if it is indeed “cracked”

The NHS have similar issues with people complaining of bad backs, hard to prove and hard to solve but they all seem to have the same solution.

Couple of weeks in the sun will fix it aieee.

edgar allan

Pogba saved José's behind almost singlehandedly (with some help of another José favourite in Martial) a few times. Notably against Newcastle.

He pretty much got Ole the job, too. Bar our first 3 games under him we played rubbish stuff even during the winning run, but Pogba's great form carried us through most games. Then, when he lost said form, we stopped winning.

If Pogba returns to full fitness and gains some form it isn't that unlikely to see him carry us again, though I won't hold it against him if he doesn't as this team is an utter mess.
He is without doubt the most overrated player in the PL, he has had a few short spells of good form over his seasons here but overall a huge disappointment.

MetoTTT

He is without doubt the most overrated player in the PL, he has had a few short spells of good form over his seasons here but overall a huge disappointment.
I think he could be a excellent in a big club with some world class players around him and add some quality. He couldn't be the franchise player.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I agree, but that doesn't change the fact that he's our best player. I also don't put the blame on him for his disappointing time here. We, at the time, broke the world record for him and, nearly 4 years later, still haven't played him consistently in a role that benefits him and us as a team.

If we (José, Ed, whoever) didn't have a good idea of where he'd fit into the team we shouldn't have bought him, but instead we spunked a load on him and then tried to shoehorn him into the team in roles that obviously didn't benefit anyone.

predator

Youth NITK
I personally find it difficult to be hostile towards Pogba. I used to watch the academy at moss lane years ago - the Keane brothers, Morrison, Lingard and Pogba etc. I was only about 15 at the time but I actually believed that I was watching the future of United. I knew 2 academy players from school at that time, admittedly.

Despite coming from a foreign country he got right in with the local lads (I'll extend warrington to local in Lingards case). He was and still is well liked by those players and coaches. He was desperate to succeed here. It didn't happen. He went to Juve. He then became one of the most sought after players in the world. United, and many others, were desperate to get him. We broke the world transfer fee for him. He was ecstatic to be back. He must've been sold the dream by his friend, Jesse lingard. It all seemed perfect - we spent a fortune and had a proven manager in Jose. The club looked like it was finally getting it right after the failure of Moyes and LVG.
We all know what happened then - yet Pogba is still here.

Pogba will inevitably leave because he can win trophies for another club and he is also a massive scapegoat for United fans. The list of problems at the club are countless, starting with Woodward and then his appointments, and then their signings. To blame Pogba is just too easy, because of his price tag and persona.

edgar allan

I agree, but that doesn't change the fact that he's our best player. I also don't put the blame on him for his disappointing time here. We, at the time, broke the world record for him and, nearly 4 years later, still haven't played him consistently in a role that benefits him and us as a team.

If we (José, Ed, whoever) didn't have a good idea of where he'd fit into the team we shouldn't have bought him, but instead we spunked a load on him and then tried to shoehorn him into the team in roles that obviously didn't benefit anyone.
The only role he really wants is a place on the Madrid team.

Stadjer

Yes but that isnt what people want to focus on... they prefer to focus on the times he lost the ball and his body language.

Funny that he created the most chances while mostly being used as the midfielder closest to the defense.

fergiesarmy1

Yes but that isnt what people want to focus on... they prefer to focus on the times he lost the ball and his body language.

Funny that he created the most chances while mostly being used as the midfielder closest to the defense.
There’s a reason he cost close to £100m and wants more money for these fantastic stats, how’s his goal scoring stats now he’s off missing penalties?

Stadjer

There’s a reason he cost close to £100m and wants more money for these fantastic stats, how’s his goal scoring stats now he’s off missing penalties?
He is collecting the ball from Lindelof and Maguire on his own half most of the time. Pretty hard to score from there to be fair...

It is clear you hate Pogba and want him gone... how do you imagine the Manchester United midfield if he left? Young local lad Lingard as attacking midfielder, academy player McT running from box to box and a earn the shirt, play for the badge huffing and puffing defensive midfielder barging into people to break up play?

fergiesarmy1

He is collecting the ball from Lindelof and Maguire on his own half most of the time. Pretty hard to score from there to be fair...

It is clear you hate Pogba and want him gone... how do you imagine the Manchester United midfield if he left? Young local lad Lingard as attacking midfielder, academy player McT running from box to box and a earn the shirt, play for the badge huffing and puffing defensive midfielder barging into people to break up play?
I wanted him in the first place he has just hugely disappointed me, it’s year 4 now so unlikely to improve. There are others I’m not a fan off including Lingard, still have hopes for McT. Im assuming if we sell him we would replace him with someone who might turn out to be more useful.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Working hard to get fit :)
Pretty big cast on his foot there.

Glad to see he’s not just sitting back and taking it easy. Keeping his fitness up to be ready ASAP. That’s commitment alright.

cant wait for the haters to spin this negatively though ;)

DoomSlayer

I feel like only a miracle can overturn our current form so I'd rather Pogba relaxes more and allows the injury to fully heal first. I don't think him being in the team or not would make a difference to results, he isn't in some world class form anyway so he won't be influencing games that much or winning them for us on his own.

Looking at the way things are going, the dressing room will get toxic very soon, if it hasn't already and I believe Pogba will put in an official transfer request in January. The squad seems broken and there is no quick fix, whoever the manager is.

Adam-Utd

Well he also had 3 games in June for France and scored the same amount plus 4 friendlies for us in July and scored the same.
Stop expecting him to be a goal scorer then. He’s a creator. You can’t say he doesn’t make goals happen.

TrustInOle

We decided he is worth nearly £100 million, not him. We bought him to help control our midfield which he does, not to score goals, but create. Never have i seen a midfielder get so much stick for not scoring more than most strikers do in the league. So laughable.

fergiesarmy1

Stop expecting him to be a goal scorer then. He’s a creator. You can’t say he doesn’t make goals happen.
I grew up on midfielders like Robson, goals were expected from midfielders and given Pogba’s free reign he should be chipping in with a few himself. Can’t believe anyone else doesn’t think so or is not disappointed he hasn’t. He has all the attributes of box to box, shooting ability, good in the air but I’ve seen nothing of it for about 12 months now.

I think he assisted 9 goals last season? 2 so far this season? I’d say it’s a pretty fecking shitty return on investment personally.

fergiesarmy1

We decided he is worth nearly £100 million, not him. We bought him to help control our midfield which he does, not to score goals, but create. Never have i seen a midfielder get so much stick for not scoring more than most strikers do in the league. So laughable.
When did he last control the midfield, I’ve seen him lose control plenty of times.

DoomSlayer

Sooner he gets fit the better. We need to get him in some sort of form before we ship him out. I'd take 120m for him now.
I don't think we will get much more than what we bought him for. It might even be like the Lukaku situation and we even lose 4-5 million on the deal. There is simply no way that Pogba hits world class form soon, I see us hugely struggling for the next few months.

USREDEVIL

I personally find it difficult to be hostile towards Pogba. I used to watch the academy at moss lane years ago - the Keane brothers, Morrison, Lingard and Pogba etc. I was only about 15 at the time but I actually believed that I was watching the future of United. I knew 2 academy players from school at that time, admittedly.

Despite coming from a foreign country he got right in with the local lads (I'll extend warrington to local in Lingards case). He was and still is well liked by those players and coaches. He was desperate to succeed here. It didn't happen. He went to Juve. He then became one of the most sought after players in the world. United, and many others, were desperate to get him. We broke the world transfer fee for him. He was ecstatic to be back. He must've been sold the dream by his friend, Jesse lingard. It all seemed perfect - we spent a fortune and had a proven manager in Jose. The club looked like it was finally getting it right after the failure of Moyes and LVG.

Pogba will inevitably leave because he can win trophies for another club and he is also a massive scapegoat for United fans. The list of problems at the club are countless, starting with Woodward and then his appointments, and then their signings. To blame Pogba is just too easy, because of his price tag and persona.
This. I've always said that he's the least of our problems. Look around at the mediocre players around him first.

Halal Jalal

I don't think we will get much more than what we bought him for. It might even be like the Lukaku situation and we even lose 4-5 million on the deal. There is simply no way that Pogba hits world class form soon, I see us hugely struggling for the next few months.
Remember when you berated me for not having faith in "Ole's project" back in August? What happened mate, why the sudden change of heart? ;)

Regarding PP, the only way I can see him staying is if we appoint Allegri before the winter transfer window opens and qualify for CL. Otherwise he's (understandably) gone in the summer.

MDFC Manager

Great post.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Sometimes I wish there was a possibility to swap him and De Bruyne for a month, and then you’ll see what a world class midfielder looks like when he is a playing in dysfunctional team, painfully under-coached, not to mention how the whole club is a complete mess due to the incompetence of the higher ups, not to mention that quality of the squad, he would look like Pogba in this United team.

He is not devoid of criticism, far from it, but the scapegoating is seriously next level nonsense.

DoomSlayer

Remember when you berated me for not having faith in "Ole's project" back in August? What happened mate, why the sudden change of heart? ;)

Regarding PP, the only way I can see him staying is if we appoint Allegri before the winter transfer window opens and qualify for CL. Otherwise he's (understandably) gone in the summer.
Reality happened. If you get enjoyment out of our club's misery now, that's on you. Unfortunately it will only be getting worse and in my opinion, Allegri will be a huge failure as well.

There is also no way now that Pogba stays, not that I care or want him to anyway, it's not his fault only but he is also not a solution to anything and will never be. We are dead as a club and our squad is broken, there is no fixing that just by coaching or man management.

fergiesarmy1

Sometimes I wish there was a possibility to swap him and De Bruyne for a month, and then you’ll see what a world class midfielder looks like when he is a playing in dysfunctional team, painfully under-coached, not to mention how the whole club is a complete mess due to the incompetence of the higher ups, not to mention that quality of the squad, he would look like Pogba in this United team.

He is not devoid of criticism, far from it, but the scapegoating is seriously next level nonsense.
It’s year 4, he played under Jose and the great team of 2017/2018 that shocked the world by coming second. He didn’t look great that year either, missed a good chunk of games also.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It’s year 4, he played under Jose and the great team of 2017/2018 that shocked the world by coming second. He didn’t look great that year either, missed a good chunk of games also.
Great team of 17/18 :lol:

Adam-Utd

I grew up on midfielders like Robson, goals were expected from midfielders and given Pogba’s free reign he should be chipping in with a few himself. Can’t believe anyone else doesn’t think so or is not disappointed he hasn’t. He has all the attributes of box to box, shooting ability, good in the air but I’ve seen nothing of it for about 12 months now.

I think he assisted 9 goals last season? 2 so far this season? I’d say it’s a pretty fecking shitty return on investment personally.
I think this is the issue. You’re expecting people to play like the 80/90s when things have completely changed since then.

nobody plays like that. Midfield now is a very different job to back then. You can count on 1 hand the amount of people who scored more than 10 goals from midfield last season, and some of those only come from the best/highest scoring teams in the country.

If our attack was at the standard of a proper united team pogba would be getting 10 assists a season and more space to score more goals as you request.

What he can’t allow himself to do is drop his performance levels below par but so far this year he hasn’t done that.

edgar allan

Control midfield???

Fridge chutney

Great post. Woodward is a clown and needs to be fired. Pogba is our best player and we haven't built a squad around him. Now we are over-reliant on a small squad and kids. It's such a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.