6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

Thought he created many chances but could have made himself available for the ball more. Got isolated between Sigurdsson and DCL too easily.

DoomSlayer

Almost a complete CM performance, fair play for busting a gut even after 90 minutes on the pitch and staying 100% concentrated.

We actually controlled the midfield with Matic and Pogba, which is great to see.

el3mel

Played really well. His form has been ranging from very good to great ever since those Raiola comments. Pretty weird but I'll take it. Regardless of him staying or not I really like he's not sulking or dropping his head down and acting like a true professional.

acnumber9

He looked a little like the disinterested Pogba at times in the first half but good when he had the ball. Overall he was probably the best player on the pitch.

DickDastardly

No complaints.
Credit where due.
Composed, combined well, stayed focused the whole 90, finally picked up some good tackles and recoveries.

Keep it up, and you just might win us over.

Superunknown

I thought he had a really good game. Looked great when he had the ball and tried to move it on and make things happen. On a different day, with a more sharper attack, he would've had an assist or two to his name.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Don't understand these comments to be honest. Played it way too safe and simple all game, sideway passes all game long, we have Fred and Mctominay for that.

Pogba has the skill to offer us a lot more.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Don't understand these comments to be honest. Played it way too safe and simple all game, sideway passes all game long, we have Fred and Mctominay for that.

Offer more of what ? He is playing a CM, wtf do you expect ? If most people saw that he played rather well then really you gotta reconsider a few things

Highfather_24

Showed unusual maturity today. I'm surprised.

Very good performance. He has now been consistent for 3-4 games, hopefully it continues, deserves to start against leicester.

A-man

In this match there were way too many United players who gave away the ball with poor passes. Good at least one of them played simple.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Was he being man-marked by Siggurdson or did they always end up in the same part together? Even for the Cavani goal, Martial had an ocean of space because Siggurdson pressed Pogba and left a gap.
Anyway, solid performance, he was probably the reason for the skewed possession/territory in the match. MotM in an unspectacular match.

3KDré

In the 1st half yes but in the 2nd he was very good IMHO.
I am probably just nitpicking. He won the ball back very well at times today. His yellow definitely wasn’t a yellow so he did well not to get another.

PoTMS

Really good disciplined performance tonight. He carries on playing like this, it'll be hard to drop him.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He was very good tonight. All of the quality with none of the brain farts.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Offer more of what ? He is playing a CM, wtf do you expect ? If most people saw that he played rather well then really you gotta reconsider a few things
More forward passing, passing between the lines, switches of play.

Less passing it back to Maguire, Bailly and sideways to Matic - which he did all game long. I don't think that's too much to ask of him is it?

I would say its a run of the mill performance, I think we are so desperate for him to do well here that an average performance garners the type of reactions we are seeing here.

UtdAgain08

Just class tonight and has been playing very well for a while now. When you watch him play the way he can I would hate to see him leave.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I believe this was his best game for us this season. Defensively he was as good/better than Matic again. Offensively he was the only real midfielder, with Matic deep and Bruno&Donny roaming around. I would like him to make himself more available for the ball, as it would've been helpful to get the ball through the lines, but it's just something he doesn't do.

It wasn't particularly difficult game though. Nothing Fred couldn't have done really, but credit where it's due for Pogba.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

He had to play it simple today. We didn’t have the legs in midfield to cover expansive high risk football and the last thing you want in a cup game is lots of transitions and high % turnovers.

He played and created well today and in the context of the match did exactly what the game needed.
More forward passing, passing between the lines, switches of play.

Less passing it back to Maguire, Bailly and sideways to Matic - which he did all game long. I don't think that's too much to ask of him is it?

I would say its a run of the mill performance, I think we are so desperate for him to do well here that an average performance garners the type of reactions we are seeing here.
There were not the passes on tonight for him to do that nor was this the right match to be constantly firing forward.

Can you show me any occasion where he should have played forward or wide tonight?

Controlling possession against Everton works. It was the right tactic and performance from him tonight. Not world class but exactly what you’d want from him.

UnitedAkhi

The difference is who is in front of him. If we want him to pass forward then we need runners, movement and options. You can only blame someone for sideways, backward passing, dwelling on and losing the ball if he's avoiding the forward passes. We now have so much more in front of him and hence he is playing better.

Infra-red

Playing for a transfer now so you'd expect his form to pick up. That's fine and will suit us nicely in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.