6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guapa

Actually looked like he gave a f*ck last couple of games.Keep that up and I might concede he can play a bit.

The Purley King

Solid tonight.
Had a couple of silly give aways but other than that he was excellent.
Such a frustrating player. Could have it all but only on rare occasions does he get there.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's been excellent lately. Has bizarrely all but eliminated his trademark slow-it-down-while-manically-shielding-but-eventually-losing-it-in-terrible-position move. What a difference it makes to his game. Has operated effectively in several different midfield in the last few weeks. Long may it continue.

KennyBurner

looks much fitter. Still dont care for him till he signs a new contract so we can fetch a fair amount for him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Very good today, just one bad moment sticks where I think Bruno made a bad pass to him and he was focused too much on yelling at Bruno than tracking back which was frustrating.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
More forward passing, passing between the lines, switches of play.

Less passing it back to Maguire, Bailly and sideways to Matic - which he did all game long. I don't think that's too much to ask of him is it?

I would say its a run of the mill performance, I think we are so desperate for him to do well here that an average performance garners the type of reactions we are seeing here.
I think you expect too much from him. Less passing between him and the backline would imply turns and dribbles to get away from the press Sigurdsson had on him, those are risky.
We've seen him time and time again lose the ball stupidly and create danger for the team as a result, what he did in this game was very balanced and needed.
His 2nd half had better impact in terms of creativity and carrying the ball forward. That's exactly what we've wanted from him

SinNombre

Very good today, just one bad moment sticks where I think Bruno made a bad pass to him and he was focused too much on yelling at Bruno than tracking back which was frustrating.
Yeah and Everton had a 2v2 opportunity as a result, that was very frustrating.

Pogba always plays better with Matic sitting behind him.

hungrywing

It's a real pity that Raiola and Woodward have misguided him so much. Particularly the latter in his narcissistic desperation.

All Pogba needs to do to become virtually unbeatable on the pitch is to accept a much lower wage.

Raiola and Woodward sold him on the image of some messianic untouchable phoenix alpha and to be 'fair' to them, he bought into it. The result was that he became a bit of a caricature. Playing a role that wasn't right for him. Hence the bizarre eschewing of the fundamentals - the jogging back, all the infamous 'this isn't supposed to happen to me' moments, etc. ALL of that is from internal cross-wiring: 'Well, that's not the part i'm being paid/asked to play; those little things are for the others to do (but wait I'm supposed to do that stuff', too, aren't I?).

This is something that you see A LOT when it happens - someone gets a little too bigged up a little too early - in any ultra-elite organization.

I've been against his signing from the start due to all the forthcoming impact we've seen play out through the club since then, but while I sometimes wish that the right people had been able to talk to Pogba during his first exit saga, it's also kind of clear that he himself has had an inclination towards that sort of self-image.

Funny thing is, now he's at another point where someone can talk to him about it. Except now he might just have matured enough during the interim to recognize its truth:

The thing that would paradoxically unlock his best attitude would be for him to say, 'Woodward, all you understand is money. You can shove it up your ass. I'm not "the superstar". I'm just a winner. And I will do anything to win. Including taking less money. I understand now that you wanted to be the big man strutting around making the biggest deals. I understand now that I fell prey to that, and that in doing so I hurt myself and the club. But I won't now. If you really want, just pay me a bit extra when we win the league.'

He doesn't necessarily have to say it literally (although that would be absolutely glorious). But that mindset and that action of signing a new contract on extremely reduced wages. That's all he needs to do to become the complete version of himself. "I'm being paid the same as these guys. Because we all do the same job. And we're going to take over the world together.'"

Easier said than done, of course.

zenith

Didn't watch the game but he seems to have pulled another good gsme out of the hat.

We are on a win win situation with pogba here as he needs to put in the performances this season in order to find suitors and that should bode well for us

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I thought it was somewhat the same performance after the player agent slag off bump. Structurally I still feel it just doesn't fit in properly.

kouroux

@hungrywing When you typed this part
The thing that would paradoxically unlock his best attitude would be for him to say, 'Woodward, all you understand is money. You can shove it up your ass. I'm not "the superstar". I'm just a winner. And I will do anything to win. Including taking less money. I understand now that you wanted to be the big man strutting around making the biggest deals. I understand now that I fell prey to that, and that in doing so I hurt myself and the club. But I won't now. If you really want, just pay me a bit extra when we win the league.'
, were you sober ? There aren't many players of his age, if any at all, who would accept playing for less money. That's just delusion

Monkey bus

Solid performance. Motm for me. Was willing him to get in a couple of shooting positions when the game was stale as he looks on it at the moment.

He seems to be putting a run of performances together which is something he’s never done for us so fair play to him. Will be interesting to see how the rest of his season pans out.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Playing for a transfer now so you'd expect his form to pick up. That's fine and will suit us nicely in the short term.
This. I know a lot of people would like to see him rot on the bench, but even though it would be satisfactory, it would not be particularity smart as we would be throwing away all of our bargaining chips

Like this he can help us win games and his price will go up. Win-win

Bondi77

I did not see the game but pleased Pogba had a good game.
He just needs to muzzle that fat prick Raola.

meamth

I think if we win a trophy or two this season, Pogba will stay with us.

I certainly don't mind that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
And Bruno, who started 15 yards higher up the pitch, got back in time to slot into our defensive line and shut out the Everton attack. That moment really summed up the difference between them as footballers.

Another classic/bad Pogba moment was letting Sigurdsson run right past him en route to that diving header that almost gave Everton the lead, with 10 minutes left.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Played very well last night, hopefully Juve, PSG and Madrid stump up decent amount of him and he can move on.

Jonno

He's playing well. People forget he's played like this a lot more than most will give him credit for. People think when he's injured, he's refusing to play, plotting a move. I remember some posters saying about 2 years ago, 1 year ago, 6 months ago "mark my words, he's never going to play for us again".

Stop getting so offended about angling a move to leave. Let him play in the shop window, on our terms, when it suits us and Ole. It didn't suit us to play him V's Leeds so he didn't play. Fine by us!

He plays quietly, efficiently behind the scenes. Bruno must love playing with him, because Pogba is one of those who "assists the assister".

Another steady performance. Keep playing like that when called upon and get your move in the summer, everyone's happy.

Tony247

Looks motivated. I am suspecting gentlemen's agreement has been reached between the two parties to let him leave in summer.

Highfather_24

But that was brunos fault not pogbas
Yep. People complaining about that one moment or two, while downplaying Pogba's performance, really show their bias, but its expected at this point. Some people criminally underrate him, because he lacks "pashun" after carelessly losing the ball. Watch people come out with pitchforks saying "hasnt played well for 2 years" after one bad game.

Really solid performance from him yesterday, my MOM. Seems much fitter, is stringing together many good performances. Controlled the midfield.

kouroux

He's playing well. People forget he's played like this a lot more than most will give him credit for. People think when he's injured, he's refusing to play, plotting a move. I remember some posters saying about 2 years ago, 1 year ago, 6 months ago "mark my words, he's never going to play for us again".

Stop getting so offended about angling a move to leave. Let him play in the shop window, on our terms, when it suits us and Ole. It didn't suit us to play him V's Leeds so he didn't play. Fine by us!

He plays quietly, efficiently behind the scenes. Bruno must love playing with him, because Pogba is one of those who "assists the assister".

Another steady performance. Keep playing like that when called upon and get your move in the summer, everyone's happy.
That also happened last season around late November, some were convinced he was faking injuries and that he was gonna get sold in January

DoomSlayer

This. I know a lot of people would like to see him rot on the bench, but even though it would be satisfactory, it would not be particularity smart as we would be throwing away all of our bargaining chips

Like this he can help us win games and his price will go up. Win-win
The problem is relying too much on a player that wants to leave. We need to phase Pogba out of the squad and plan a future without him, because if he leaves the club as a first 11 player, it would be more difficult to replace him.

We need to sign a midfielder in January, who would be the replacement for Pogba.

kouroux

The problem is relying too much on a player that wants to leave. We need to phase Pogba out of the squad and plan a future without him, because if he leaves the club as a first 11 player, it would be more difficult to replace him.

We need to sign a midfielder in January, who would be the replacement for Pogba.
The way he's currently used, I'd say that it's already the case. Pogba is a bonus right now, the team doesn't depend on him.

DoomSlayer

The way he's currently used, I'd say that it's already the case. Pogba is a bonus right now, the team doesn't depend on him.
Maybe he is just a squad option at this point, but I really hope the club has the foresight to buy a midfielder before we sell Pogba, because otherwise it always makes us look desperate and drives the prices up of players we are interested.

kouroux

Maybe he is just a squad option at this point, but I really hope the club has the foresight to buy a midfielder before we sell Pogba, because otherwise it always makes us look desperate and drives the prices up of players we are interested.
I'm sure they are already, VDB is already here and more than replacing Pogba, replacing Matic will be more important.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

We are not relying that much on him though. Hes far from the first name on the team sheet and we've done just fine when hes been left out

thepolice123

It's a real pity that Raiola and Woodward have misguided him so much. Particularly the latter in his narcissistic desperation.

All Pogba needs to do to become virtually unbeatable on the pitch is to accept a much lower wage.

Raiola and Woodward sold him on the image of some messianic untouchable phoenix alpha and to be 'fair' to them, he bought into it. The result was that he became a bit of a caricature. Playing a role that wasn't right for him. Hence the bizarre eschewing of the fundamentals - the jogging back, all the infamous 'this isn't supposed to happen to me' moments, etc. ALL of that is from internal cross-wiring: 'Well, that's not the part i'm being paid/asked to play; those little things are for the others to do (but wait I'm supposed to do that stuff', too, aren't I?).

This is something that you see A LOT when it happens - someone gets a little too bigged up a little too early - in any ultra-elite organization.

I've been against his signing from the start due to all the forthcoming impact we've seen play out through the club since then, but while I sometimes wish that the right people had been able to talk to Pogba during his first exit saga, it's also kind of clear that he himself has had an inclination towards that sort of self-image.

Funny thing is, now he's at another point where someone can talk to him about it. Except now he might just have matured enough during the interim to recognize its truth:

He doesn't necessarily have to say it literally (although that would be absolutely glorious). But that mindset and that action of signing a new contract on extremely reduced wages. That's all he needs to do to become the complete version of himself. "I'm being paid the same as these guys. Because we all do the same job. And we're going to take over the world together.'"

What were you smoking before you typed this?

Jesus Christ.

Canadianred17

What on earth did I just read?

TsuWave

Playing for a transfer now so you'd expect his form to pick up. That's fine and will suit us nicely in the short term.
he was injured for like 9 months, came back and got injured again, came back, caught covid. The guy went nearly a year without kicking a football then got Covid lungs. Him getting better now should be no surprise and isn’t necessarily “playing for a move”, it’s the natural progression of being able to play football and being fit for a player of his quality

KW2006

We and Everton played like Serie A teams yesterday, suit him no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.