Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Lovely interview

His goal was big and at a good moment where we were on top and needed a goal to make the pressure count
Fantastic strike

But again, the work as well was great.

predator

Youth NITK
Brilliant. He's been instrumental lately. Its not surprising though. Some of the posts on here about him over the past 12 months have been disgraceful and I have always maintained that.

Crashoutcassius

“Rubbish signing, get the virus out of the club!”:smirk:

Hes feckin class. I’ve said all along, build the feckin team around him.

Get a top DM in this midfield and watch him hit another level.
he is in a good patch, but building a team around him as part of a two man centre mid would just be so stupid given his inconsistency shown over years and years.

no question he will have a ten game run of form every season we keep him, but he would need to demonstrate that he can do it for longer than that as I don't really believe he has in the several seasons since arriving, not to a level that we can't improve on anyway

Red & White

Absolutely superb goal this evening. He deserves that for his performances these last few weeks and you could see what it meant to him at full time. That touch to bring the ball down and then you were just begging for him to hit a screamer after cutting inside. Very good finish into the side of the net and came at a perfect time in the game as we weren’t looking great.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
‘Playing for a transfer’ or something.
Who knows? He may well be feeling liberated having decided his future. I don't think anyone minds a highly motivated and focused Pogba, whether it's short-term or long-term. And that goal was pure sex.

RUCK4444

he is in a good patch, but building a team around him as part of a two man centre mid would just be so stupid given his inconsistency shown over years and years.

no question he will have a ten game run of form every season we keep him, but he would need to demonstrate that he can do it for longer than that as I don't really believe he has in the several seasons since arriving, not to a level that we can't improve on anyway
I honestly don’t believe it would take much, literally a top level DM - which is absolutely needed anyway!

Play him in a two and vary that with him pushing up and playing off the left in a diamond like we have varied it with him this season.

His weakness is the defensive side to his game, it’s very hit and miss and it’s why he thrives more next to Kante for example with France.

You pair him with the right midfield partner and you won’t find a better deep lying playmaker.

Ultimately there is far more to be gained from keeping him and getting the best from him than there is in selling him and trying to replace his ability. In short we simply won’t sign a replacement with his level of ability.

Edit: Rio is saying the same right now, with the right players he can flourish.

RORY65

Even before his goal I thought he was good, he was winning the ball back really well and his use of the ball was better than most (not great but steadier than a lot of the team), and then he decided the game as he did last week with a goal of real quality. The best version of this team will always be one with Pogba performing well because he's the most talented player we have and if he can continue producing for the next 4 months then maybe we can challenge to the end for this title.

Idxomer

He already had more than that this season, the number of his bad games are always exaggerated to a ridiculous level.

El Jefe

Ole really has to be given credit as does Pogba for the upturn in his performances.

Mourinho tried doing what Ole did but failed miserably and only made Pogba and the team get worse. Brilliant man management to get through to him and see him deliver class performances without dropping his head when times were tough.

This is the Paul we wanted when he was signed. It's all well and good playing well when the team is rolling but he's finally stepping up and producing in big moments. I'm loving this and the scary thing is I think he can get even better as the season goes on.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Evra said this and I saw United fans getting mad at him for saying Pogba is a much better player. Maybe he shouldn't have voiced it publicly, but I think he was just trying to convey that Pogba is >
No way people actually think VDB is better than Pogba. But being better doesn't mean better option for the team like two Ronaldo is better than Ronaldo & Benzema on paper but as a team Ronaldo & Benzema is better than two Ronaldo. So it depends on how the team plays, but VDB still in transition process so who knows if he will be better option or no as a team. VDB won't score like Pogba but Pogba also won't score goals like VDB. Two different players offer different things but Pogba is much more talented.

TsuWave

You guys still running around with this "building a team around" nonsense? :lol:

You're supposed to build a strong team period. Not around any particular players. Most elite teams have quality all around, thus they better sustain their form when core players are injured or out of form. "Building team around" is such an archaic concept that I feel it only ever gets used to make it seem as though one is saying something substantial when really they're just waffling.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
When he's on his game he's the best player at the club no question IMO. His performances in the last few games have really dragged us over the line. His importance in our transitions from a deeper role to the attacking phase can't be valued highly enough at a time when everything is about goal/assists blah blah and people completely ignore the build up/transition phase.

Alemar

MotM today. Very good performance, put in a lot of effort defensively, and of course a superb winning goal scored.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Happy to see him playing that well. Always loved the player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Who knows? He may well be feeling liberated having decided his future. I don't think anyone minds a highly motivated and focused Pogba, whether it's short-term or long-term. And that goal was pure sex.
Maybe he’s just playing well because a football player will always prefer to play well than badly?

BarstoolProphet

Maybe he's putting himself in the shop window or maybe he really wants to win it for this club. Either way we are profiting from this. Amazing player when his in this kind of form.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I feel some type of ways seeing this very place that so quick to trash Pogba at every turn showering him with praise. As soon as the sky tirn cloudy again this place will rear it toxic head again.

Can't really take this thread and its posts seriously given how quick these boards are quick to vilify players, especially Pogba unfairly.

For his own good he needs to leave end of this season and find a much happier environment to work at. United has simply been toxic to him from media to fans inside the stadium who've actually booed him.

It's good to see him help us pick up important points. Hopefully he leaves on a high and help us win something this season.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
This is the Pogba you paid 100m for. He's unplayable on his day. These are the kind of players that you try to accommodate, and not necessarily build the whole team around him, but you tailor the team to accentuate his strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.