6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

Turns out that when he works hard defensively he is a fantastic orthodox midfield player, for me far more influential than when played in a more pure attacking role.

Fracture90

Think the biggest difference he's making right now is those little touches he makes with the ball that are helping him keep the opponents guessing, he's much more careful in possession now, he's matured and it's showing.

GMoore23

If he'd shown the desire he's showing this past past couple of months during his whole stint here he'd be club captain and fans favourite.
Fantastic all action performance today again.

kiristao

We all know he is brilliant going forward but when he puts in the effort defensively, he is a different beast.
He still lost the ball in bad positions but he got up and tried to win it back so no one was complaining about it. Needs to put in this sort of effort every game it could be the difference between us winning or not winning the league.

Bobski

There is actually a real possibility to have him and Bruno play in that configuration regularly.
Pogba makes it work because he should always have been able to adapt to this role, too many in his circle telling him he was something else when every manager he has had after Juve has wanted to use him deeper.

There are a lot of good attacking midfielders in the game, is there another b2b CM who can do a bit of everything like Pogba can?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Was has playing right wing at the end there?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Come on please stay. We are building something big and just can't take 2 steps back.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Pogba makes it work because he should always have been able to adapt to this role, too many in his circle telling him he was something else when every manager he has had after Juve has wanted to use him deeper.

There are a lot of good attacking midfielders in the game, is there another b2b CM who can do a bit of everything like Pogba can?
Besides Bruno feels more natural higher up than Pogba. I agree with everything you've said, Pogba has lots of qualities but he can be the most efficient and useful player as a pure CM

Adamsk7

He was brilliant again. Defensively he has improved markedly, so much so that I now have no issues with him playing in the double pivot, ideally with Fred or Matic. He’s shielding the ball so much better too, it’s more just a real concentration now than anything else. Our best first 11 is starting to show itself finally and I’m glad he’s right at the heart of it. I’ll wish him well if he plays like this until the end of the season but goes but I’d also love him to stay. Issue is, he’d want a fortune and we really should be paying Bruno at least equal money to whatever Pogba is on

slored1

I thought he was a bit off in the first half, but superb after we scored the second. Good game again.

VivaRonaldo85

Without doubt his best run as a United player. Again looks head and shoulders the best midfielder on the pitch offering good stuff at both ends. If he can keep this up till the end of the season, he could be the difference between us finishing in the top 4 and winning the whole thing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
In full fitness now. Lack of preseason and COVID took a bit hit earlier in the year, but he’s at his physical best now.

TsuWave

Without doubt his best run as a United player.
No it's not. He performed better in 18/19, but saying this is his best run is sexier and fits with the narrative that he's putting himself in the shop window.

This is just him returning to full fitness after not playing ball for nearly a year, back to back injuries, and catching COVID.

Ludens the Red

He was brilliant again. Defensively he has improved markedly, so much so that I now have no issues with him playing in the double pivot, ideally with Fred or Matic. He’s shielding the ball so much better too, it’s more just a real concentration now than anything else. Our best first 11 is starting to show itself finally and I’m glad he’s right at the heart of it. I’ll wish him well if he plays like this until the end of the season but goes but I’d also love him to stay. Issue is, he’d want a fortune and we really should be paying Bruno at least equal money to whatever Pogba is on
It’s mad that for so long he was kind of excused from it because it just apparently ‘wasn’t his game’. It’s clear now that wasn’t the case and it was simply the player choosing not to be disciplined enough and making the effort required to play the role.
Just wish we had this Paul Pogba for the last four years.

Tony247

Excellent performance...again. He is on fire. We need him to step up now. Relying just on Bruno and Rashford is so fragile.

Mohbah88

He was affected a lot by the covid u can see now full of energy and confidence

eire-red

He's consistently doing the things that we've been crying out for him to do for years now. In a way, it's almost sad to see him not pulling out the bag of tricks and producing moments of magic, but his effectiveness is so much better for the team right now.

Only thing is, if we manage to renew his contract, will we see a huge money deal and a regression of his form back to comfortable again? The uncertainty of his future, and being sat on the sidelines watching us climb to the summit of the PL has lit a fire under him... How long does that fire stay lit? Or more aptly, how does Ole keep it lit.

He's so good to watch in this form though.

He'sRaldo

It’s mad that for so long he was kind of excused from it because it just apparently ‘wasn’t his game’. It’s clear now that wasn’t the case and it was simply the player choosing not to be disciplined enough and making the effort required to play the role.
Just wish we had this Paul Pogba for the last four years.
We were disjointed offensively previously, so he carried a lot of attacking responsibility.

If we had this version of Paul Pogba for the last 4 years, he would be seen as not good enough offensively for the price. It's only because we now have better firepower and can win games without a direct contribution from him, that he's seen as better now.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Thought he had a shocker in the first half, back to his lazy self losing the ball under any sort of challenge.
Picked it up thankfully in the second half and produced some decent stuff. Would still like to see him burst into a sprint occasionally instead of his constant jog mode. Him and Maguire should be staying behind after training for heading practice. Both woeful in that aspect!

northernfan

Thought he played well going forward but I always thought that was his strength. Brilliant or great, I'm not sure. Seems to be watching alot of the play in his own third.

mancan92

Thought he had a shocker in the first half, back to his lazy self losing the ball under any sort of challenge.
Picked it up thankfully in the second half and produced some decent stuff. Would still like to see him burst into a sprint occasionally instead of his constant jog mode. Him and Maguire should be staying behind after training for heading practice. Both woeful in that aspect!
Shocker? He gave the ball away a couple times but was good. Also won a ridiculous tackle and went past two players to start the first goal

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Lovely performance. Funny what a little bit of confidence can do to some players.

Would almost give him an assist for Bruno's 3rd the way he moved his head in the last moment.

Devil may care

He looks like he believes he's part of a unit that can win major things and his level is matching that, his workrate and defensive contributions have been excellent recently on top of scoring two winners, his aerial dominance in midfield was essential today and he made a couple of vital tackles, one that set off the counter for our first goal.

Was has playing right wing at the end there?
We went to a diamond I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.