6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This is what I've been saying as well. He's clearly very ambitious and wants a club that will match those ambitions.
Yeah since he came here he's seen nothing but false dawns. And now He's in a position where he can go to the biggest clubs that are more of a guarantee for success than us. He'd be smart to wait it out next season and see where we are before deciding to renew. The negative here is he could get alot of hate from the fabs

Raven

Yeah since he came here he's seen nothing but false dawns. And now He's in a position where he can go to the biggest clubs that are more of a guarantee for success than us. He'd be smart to wait it out next season and see where we are before deciding to renew. The negative here is he could get alot of hate from the fabs
If I were him, I'd say that if 2 or 3 top class players aren't signed, I'll be leaving on a free. Simple as that. If they actually did that, I'm sure he'd have no problem signing on.

laughtersassassin

Yes he probably will but those fans are insane and unreasonable. Sure they are protesting about the same thing.

This stance from Pogba is our best chance at a good summer.

Son

Maybe because he's continually under performed and let his agent and brother talk crap about us for 3 years.

People are saying he performs like last night every week now. It's mental how delusional our fan base is. If he played like the 2nd half last night a lot more there wouldnt even be a debate.

Still have loads on here who think he's better than Bruno too. He isnt.
If you go back to when he signed for us despite his inconsistencies he has probably on the whole been the best player in that time behind maybe De Gea.

He’s done just fine and quite simply a lot of the problems were our club and not him. Look at a player like Luke Shaw for example in the same time frame.

laughtersassassin

Anyone else think he shouldn't play in the next game versus Roma.

He is a yellow away from missing the final if I'm not mistaken? Trying to confirm is this is the case but have seen it mentioned by a few.

If true It's not worth the risk in my opinion.

Last edited:

Red Royal

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Roy Keane certainly wasn’t impressed anyway. Absolutely destroyed him on Sky today.

Rolaholic

Bruno gets it. Key word being keep AND improve the team.
Well he's got a winners mentality so no surprise he feels that way and wants to play with other good players.

Just hope that we're able to continue building on the quality we have currently in the squad instead of having to replace some of it this summer...

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

He is a yellow away from missing the final if I'm not mistaken? Trying to confirm is this is the case but have seen it mentioned by a few.

Totally, we are in no danger and risking him missing out on the final would be stupid for us, and gutting for him if it happened

laughtersassassin

Now is the time to have a ambitious and effective summer. Get Pogba and Cavani to stay and add a few and we will have built our first team that should be capable of competing on all fronts

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ive been back and forth with Pogba but I'm firmly back in the camp of us having to keep him, feels like after 5 years we've found his best position now (part of the front 3) and in that position he brings something that's gonna take a lot of money to replace

laughtersassassin

Ive been back and forth with Pogba but I'm firmly back in the camp of us having to keep him, feels like after 5 years we've found his best position now (part of the front 3) and in that position he brings something that's gonna take a lot of money to replace
The best position to play him is still the LCM of a 433 imo. But we can't play that without a Top class DM.

Chicharito_

Why would he want to join Madrid? They need to begin a 5 year rebuild, you've done that here Paul - now go and reap the rewards!

laughtersassassin

Why would he want to join Madrid? They need to begin a 5 year rebuild, you've done that here Paul - now go and reap the rewards!
The question is will we have another bad summer where we don't improve the first 11?

That's must have been frustrating for the lads.

charlenefan

Unfortunately the standard of La Liga is really awful now so he'd still likely win more trophies in Madrid than he would here, just not the UCL

Becks00

The question is will we have another bad summer where we don't improve the first 11?

That's must have been frustrating for the lads.
That's the one thing I think the current unrest in the club by the fans would achieve, in the sense that the Glazers would be forced to invest in the squad and I expect a good summer window this time around.

laughtersassassin

That's the one thing I think the current unrest in the club by the fans would achieve, in the sense that the Glazers would be forced to invest in the squad and I expect a good summer window this time around.
For me we have to get Sancho and a starting DM.

Those are needed far more than a CB for me. Will give us so much more options.

Can't go into next season planning to play McFred week in week out

Dan_F

Three yellows for a ban in Europe and they’re wiped after the quarters. Impossible to be banned for the final, unless you’re sent off in the second semi.

Walters_19_MuFc

But will he get to play there often, especially if we get a right winger?

charlenefan

But will he get to play there often, especially if we get a right winger?
A criticism I have of Ole is his squad management, if we do get lets say Sancho then it would seem unlikely he would persist trying to shoehorn Rashford out there which in turn would leave a shootout for the LW position between him and Pogba but we need greater options rather than relying on the same players week in week out and hopefully with better options comes better squad management

Pogba and Rashford for the LW
Cavani and Martial for the CF
Sancho and Greenwood for the RW

They're the kind of selection headaches you want to have

BaillyBaillyBailly

I really think that for Pogba what really matters is that:
1. The team are genuinely in a position to challenge for top honours
2. He will be a central player in that challenge

He clearly loves football, I also think its clear he loves playing for united and is desperate to successful for us above everything else. Winning the EL I actually don't think will have much bearing on him signing a new contract. I don't think he's particularly interested in that. I don't think we will get any concrete news on his contract until after the summer transfer window. This is because I believe he will wait to see what happens this summer. Lets say United go nuts and sign Varane/Rice/Sancho and keep hold of Cavani. In that scenario I think he would see that as genuine steps towards competing and he would sign.
On the other hand lets say united sign Ben White and Ismaila Sarr, or indeed nobody, then I think he runs down his contract.

You have to remember that Pogba is, when playing in a functional team, a world class player. He is also 28 and the next 3/4 years will be his peak years, he needs to start winning things now if he is ever going to do that. I think, as I mentioned, that he wants to win with united but if that doesn't look likely to him then he will move on. He has certainly loved playing with Shaw and Bruno this season and his comments on that make it clear. I think he also loves having a central figure in Cavani to play off. United are going in the direction he wants but this summer will be pivotal.

I don't think any club (without making significant sales) will be in a position to sign him this summer his fee of around £60m + £400k per week wages just make it impossible. But he will be a very attractive prospect for Real/Barca/Juve/PSG next summer if he available on a free.

Reactions: roonster09

littleman

No it doesn’t. Pogba is that good a player that he can play anywhere but he’s a central midfielder.
i still think of Rene M’s comments about Pogba from years unto years ago
he called P a classic inside left player
makes total sense given everything that has happened

Silas

No it doesn’t. Pogba is that good a player that he can play anywhere but he’s a central midfielder.
It's not too different from an LCM role in a midfield 3. Like he said in that tweet, he's wide in defensive phases, but has freedom to float wherever while we're in possession. He literally said he's in a "kind of number 8 position". Different to an LCM in a 433, of course

With Pogba on the left, it isn't too different from a diamond shape at times. Actually, more of a 4222 with McFred, I guess. FBs push up, letting Pogba float in further infield so, depending on who's further forward between him and Bruno at the time (looks like they alternate), he kind of is in an LCM role. From what I've seen, it's something like this:

--------------------------Cavani----------Greenwood
----------Pogba----------Bruno
Shaw------------Fred----------Scott-----------AWB
----------------Maguire--------Lindelof

You can see how, if we get a DM that can do the job of Fred + Scott (if it exists), we could potentially transition into a 433 from this.

Lewnited

Definitely like Pogba in that role, intresting to see him vocal about enjoying the role as well.

Will also be interesting to see where it leaves Rashford for the remainder of the season and in to next season, but with him potentially getting his surgery soon it might make sense to see Pogba as our starting left winger for the forseeable. Though if this is the case, I'd say our need for a creative midfielder to play in the pivot gets even more pressing.

bsCallout

How many goals do we think Pogba would get playing from the left all season? I find it hard to believe he wouldnt get more than Rashford.

Pogba playing that role emphasises the need for a top CM too, which should be a priority, much more so than RW.

Lewnited

How many goals do we think Pogba would get playing from the left all season? I find it hard to believe he wouldnt get more than Rashford.

Pogba playing that role emphasises the need for a top CM too, which should be a priority, much more so than RW.
Rashford's movement off the ball and general run timing is very good, so on that alone you're looking at 25-30 goals a season from him providing he stays fit. I don't necessarily think Pogba has it in him to hit that number for goals, but I think he'd certainly contribute heavily in the build up and link well with Bruno & Cavani as we saw last week. I imagine the end result would probably be a more fluid and creative team.

Agreed on the CM as well.

Walters_19_MuFc

Be interesting to see what happens with Rashford if Ole is looking to use Pogba there more often.

I do like Pogba in that role, though. As others have mentioned, effectively, it gives us that extra body in midfield, thus being able to control games a bit more.

It's similar to how Pogba played when at Juventus.

I personally think if we are going to play like that going forward, then we don't really need to buy a right-winger. With Greenwood and Rashford as the wide forward options, I'd focus on bringing in a controlling centre midfielder and a dominant centre back.

marktan

Be interesting to see what happens with Rashford if Ole is looking to use Pogba there more often.

I do like Pogba in that role, though. As others have mentioned, effectively, it gives us that extra body in midfield, thus being able to control games a bit more.

It's similar to how Pogba played when at Juventus.

I personally think if we are going to play like that going forward, then we don't really need to buy a right-winger. With Greenwood and Rashford as the wide forward options, I'd focus on bringing in a controlling centre midfielder and a dominant centre back.

Agreed but I think we'd need another wide player / right-winger before we get a centre back, because if either Rashford or Pogba are injured, as they have been a few times at various stages over the last couple of seasons, we have no quality replacements. If they are injured, our options there are Greenwood and James. Not as bad as Lingard and Perreira as last season when Rashford and Pogba were injured, but not much better. City beat us quite considerably on attacking depth currently.

Centre-back Lindelof can be upgraded on but he can do the job for now and we have good backup options.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The problem is that Pogba's main weakness is his defensive ability (or lack thereof), which is really highlighted in a midfield two. He tends to be ok when the ball is in front of him, but he's not very good when the opposition gets in behind. Partly because he can be defensively lazy, and partly because even when he tries he isn't good at knowing how to do it effectively. As such it means he probably should play as the most attacking member of a midfield three, but that won't happen with Bruno also there. This current wide left with the freedom to roam might be the best way to fit them both in the same team, but of course then we have the problem of Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.