Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

Raiola wasn't Pogba's agent at the time but an intermediary for Juventus. His agent was Tanazefti. The short story is that Juventus paid Raiola to convince Pogba when Pogba wasn't a client of Raiola, it's possible that Raiola tried to play both side but when it comes to Pogba himself he didn't leave for money and didn't get a large contract and surprisingly not even a signing on fee.
If Raiola's role was to convince Pogba why was he sat down negotiating with SAF?

hobbers

Pogba leaving United the first time had absolutely nothing to do with opportunities or game time.

Raiola wanted more money and SAF told him to sling it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If Raiola's role was to convince Pogba why was he sat down negotiating with SAF?
Initially he wasn't, the agreed contract was negotiated by Tanazefti. Raiola appeared after convincing Pogba. SAF actually mentions that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Former Italian striker Antonio Cassano recently spoke to Bobo TV to give his opinion on Pogba, and gave some inside information about exactly what happened between Pogba, Raiola and Ferguson that summer.

"I know that when he (Pogba) still had to make his debut with Manchester United, Mino Raiola went to Ferguson asking him for a lot of money to get him to sign the contract," he said.

"Ferguson asked the agent if he knew what kind of player Pogba was, and Raiola replied by saying no. He cared little, those were their requests and if they were not met they would go away.

"Without batting an eye, Ferguson ruled that Pogba could also go away."
Those quotes sound familiar, are they from his book? The one where he correctly names Raiola a "shitc**t" :cool:

dirkey

Yeah massive red flags all over that incident. That look Pogba gave him afterwards. All is not well in that dressing room.
That kick one of the first decent things maguire has done in months.

JPRouve

Scout
Those quotes sound familiar, are they from his book? The one where he correctly names Raiola a "shitc**t" :cool:
They are from Cassano. And Raiola wasn't Pogba's agent when he made his debut. Pogba is one of the player in the Football leaks and both moves are explained in detail, Raiola only became Pogba's agent in 2015 before that the main agent was Tanazefti, he left the later due to an image right issue.

Marwood

Initially he wasn't, the agreed contract was negotiated by Tanazefti. Raiola appeared after convincing Pogba. SAF actually mentions that.
Right so Raiola's role was much broader than convincing Pogba.

Because if that was all that Juve asked him to do he wouldn't be negotiating directly with United would he? That would be his agents job.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They are from Cassano. And Raiola wasn't Pogba's agent when he made his debut. Pogba is one of the player in the Football leaks and both moves are explained in detail, Raiola only became Pogba's agent in 2015 before that the main agent was Tanazefti, he left the later due to an image right issue.
Strange, I always thought Raiola was Pogba's agent from the beginning. I've never even heard of this Tanazefti guy.

Agents have too much influence for my liking. I wonder if Pogba would have even considered leaving United if it wasn't for outside influencers acting in their own best interest.

JPRouve

Scout
Right so Raiola's role was much broader than convincing Pogba.

Because if that was all that Juve asked him to do he wouldn't be negotiating directly with United would he? That would be his agents job.
After convincing Pogba to not extend, it seems that he shared the agent role with Tanazefti until 2015. Juventus paid Raiola to bring Pogba on a free in exchange of money, Raiola convinced Pogba and his agent, he then obstructed any attempt from United to have Pogba under contract.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don’t know how many times I have to repeat this before you drop this narrative but I don’t care if Pogba leaves on a free as long as he leaves, and I can also understand why some fans choose to boo him after the last 6 years. It’s their choice, if they want to voice it then so be it, it’s also fine for Pogba to give some back if he feels it’s unfair.

You’re banging a fecking drum on something you think you’ve nailed on some sort of technicality, like you’ve been completely ignorant to the last 6 years, when the reality is people are just fed up with him in general, and they’re entitled to feel that way.
You're contradicting yourself. You previously said him running his contract down deserves getting shit from the fans (presumably booing in this context):

There’s a lot of things that aren’t Pogba’s fault and I feel sorry for him for some of the abuse he gets but when you run your contract down for the second time you’re going to get shit for it, and if he thinks he’s not then he’s tone deaf to what the fans think in general
Which is the point I'm making, that not only is it not okay. It doesn't help the team in the coming especially because he's leaving and doesn't need to be on good terms with the fans.
His performances sure as shit can't be the reason why he's being bood. Telles is one of the worst players I've ever seen wear the shirt, and we've all seen Maguire this season.

You kinda did allude to it, knowingly or otherwise. Resorting to name-calling won't change that, mate. It's irrelevant anyway as I don't believe there was ever a bid for Pogba - not an acceptable one anyway.

What are your thoughts on the above?
You misinterpreting anything I've said, doesn't mean I alluded to slavery. Again, educate yourself. Slaves didn't get paid and footballer can quit their job, The contract just excludes them from playing football for professional footbal clubs under certain governing bodies. I'm not name calling you, I'm just saying you're ignorant by bringing up slavery in conversation with a black woman on the topic of a black footballer on a football fan forum.

OL29

can someone explain why he was getting booed? And why there hasn’t been the backing for him that there was when Maguire was booed? And can someone explain why others weren’t getting booed?

confused
Because he’s not English.

Marwood

After convincing Pogba to not extend, it seems that he shared the agent role with Tanazefti until 2015. Juventus paid Raiola to bring Pogba on a free in exchange of money, Raiola convinced Pogba and his agent, he then obstructed any attempt from United to have Pogba under contract.
But you just said he wasn't Pogba's agent, his only role was to convince Pogba to move at the behest of Juve.

But now I've pointed out he was sat down negotiating with SAF and United you've changed to "it seems" he job shared the agent role with Tanazefti.

Has this new insider information just come to you in the last 15 min for you to change your mind?

I've mentioned this before but you talk with assurity about the inner workings of a club and transfers as if you were there, part of the deal. You can't possibly know all the details of Pogba's move.

We all know bits from leaks and snippets of info from the individuals involved but as we see above, you've flipped from Raiola wasn't his agent to actually yeah he was. That's guesswork not factual info.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You misinterpreting anything I've said, doesn't mean I alluded to slavery. Again, educate yourself. Slaves didn't get paid and footballer can quit their job, The contract just excludes them from playing football for professional footbal clubs under certain governing bodies. I'm not name calling you, I'm just saying you're ignorant by bringing up slavery in conversation with a black woman on the topic of a black footballer on a football fan forum.
I wasn't referring to black slavery that was abolished over a century ago and is not relatable to the Pogba situation you inferred above, but rather modern-day slavery similar to forced servitude. You have since denied that so fair enough, I take it back. I intended no offence to you or anyone else. In any case, this is going way off track. Neither yours, mine, or Pogba's skin colour is even remotely relevant to this thread. So let's leave it out of the discussion from here on out.

Also, you haven't answered this yet: do you genuinely believe that the club would deprive itself of a large cash sum (£50 million+) merely to keep an underperforming player on the books? Why would they do that?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I suggest you read the Maguire thread in full if you believe he's not getting treated awfully by the fanbase. Maguire, Pogba, Rashford, Mctominay and Bruno have all come in for harsh abuse in their performance threads. Take a look for yourself if you disbelieve me.

The saddest part is the abuse is all from United fans. At least they say they're United fans...

OL29

I suggest you read the Maguire thread in full if you believe he's not getting treated awfully by the fanbase. Maguire, Pogba, Rashford, Mctominay and Bruno have all come in for harsh abuse in their performance threads. Take a look for yourself if you disbelieve me.

The saddest part is the abuse is all from United fans. At least they say they're United fans...
I suggest you read my post and the post I was responding to. I’m not saying Pogba got booed because he’s not English, I’m saying the lack of support is because he’s not English. When Maguire, Rashford etc get booed there’s a massive outcry from fans and the media. When Pogba or Martial get booed, it’s silent. I don’t condone abuse of any player but the double standards are evident.

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I wasn't referring to black slavery that was abolished over a century ago and is not relatable to the Pogba situation you inferred above, but rather modern-day slavery similar to forced servitude. You have since denied that so fair enough, I take it back. I intended no offence to you or anyone else. In any case, this is going way off track. Neither yours, mine, or Pogba's skin colour is even remotely relevant to this thread. So let's leave it out of the discussion from here on out.

Also, you haven't answered this yet: do you genuinely believe that the club would deprive itself of a large cash sum (£50 million+) merely to keep an underperforming player on the books? Why would they do that?
All good.

You're basically asking me why our board makes stupid decisions. Because they're stupid?

It's a bad business decision but it is line with the bad decisions our board and manager kept making. We also didn't sell Lingard last season. We haven't exactly been skint in the Ole years.

As someone mentioned in the thread, it seems to have been reported Madrid offered us 50 million for him 2 years ago. It's possible this offer was too low for the club. We're talking about the same board that valued Pereira at 25 million last year.

Underperforming is misleading, because it implies he hasn't met expectations and the expectations for him are obviously much different than for other players. You can qualify his performances however you want, he was still among our better players, which is why he plays a lot. I don't rate him that much, but I'd never call him outright crap like Maguire, Telles or AWB.

JPRouve

Scout
But you just said he wasn't Pogba's agent, his only role was to convince Pogba to move at the behest of Juve.

But now I've pointed out he was sat down negotiating with SAF and United you've changed to "it seems" he job shared the agent role with Tanazefti.

Has this new insider information just come to you in the last 15 min for you to change your mind?

I've mentioned this before but you talk with assurity about the inner workings of a club and transfers as if you were there, part of the deal. You can't possibly know all the details of Pogba's move.

We all know bits from leaks and snippets of info from the individuals involved but as we see above, you've flipped from Raiola wasn't his agent to actually yeah he was. That's guesswork not factual info.
No it came to me in October 2016.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I suggest you read my post and the post I was responding to. I’m not saying Pogba got booed because he’s not English, I’m saying the lack of support is because he’s not English. When Maguire, Rashford etc get booed there’s a massive outcry from fans and the media. When Pogba or Martial get booed, it’s silent. I don’t condone abuse of any player but the double standards are evident.
No there's not. Maybe with Maguire getting booed when he was playing for England got some coverage but more for the fact that playing for England the boos where unjustified because he's done quite well for them. Rashford if I remember correctly was booed once for a quarter of a game then his PR team went into action to put out the fire.

Martial has not gave a feck for years. The fans aren't stupid which is why there's very little said when he's critised. Pogba has never been 100% committed to United, has continually flaunted with leaving, having his mouth piece, his brother and even himself cause unrest whenever they feel like it and his general don't give feck attitude is hardly a basis for the fans to defend him. Don't worry. If Rashford continues the way he's going any defence for him will be thrown out the window so then you can see for yourself what youre saying is just based on agenda.

hobbers

When has Martial ever been booed by English/United fans? He hasn't. So what are you even mentioning him for? Rashford likewise has never been booed. So your comparison between the English pair and the French pair is redundant.

Maguire got booed by England fans, and that was rightly criticised by everyone because, at least for England, he's been a solid player. When he got jeered by United fans vs Atletico no one batted a fecking eyelid because it was warranted.

Martial, Rashford and Pogba all thoroughly deserve to be booed by United fans because they're all lazy as feck, on obscene wages and the former two have completely given up on football, while the latter gave up on United about 4 years ago. The fact none of them have really had any stick from matchgoing fans despite this is just testament to what a bunch of doormats we are at OT.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

That wasn't what was said. Why has Pogba not recieved any backing after getting booed and Maguire has.
Answer: Because Pogba is not English

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
That wasn't what was said. Why has Pogba not recieved any backing after getting booed and Maguire has.
I think the answer is because he's off. There's a two way street here, and neither party cares about the other.

Trex

Pogba biggest fault just like most of of our bigger names is that he excels at the spectacular and not the basics and over relies on it...this is the reason he's inconsistent, his case stand out the most because he plays in central midfield were the best players Kroos, Modric, Xavi, Kante are great at the basic things like decision making, positioning and work ethic with the occasional spectacular moves were as he tries to do the reverse which doesn't look great because you're in the center of the pitch and not the opposition goal area.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think that it is the case after having a lot of conversations with people that would boo him, I think that it's just an irrational level of disappointment and resentment. He was seen as the clubs saviour and didn't match their expectations. There is also a bit of tribalism, he left in 2012 and many people took it as a personal offence which is something that I'm a lot more receptive to.

OL29

When has Martial ever been booed by English/United fans? He hasn't. So what are you even mentioning him for? Rashford likewise has never been booed. So your comparison between the English pair and the French pair is redundant.

Maguire got booed by England fans, and that was rightly criticised by everyone because, at least for England, he's been a solid player. When he got jeered by United fans vs Atletico no one batted a fecking eyelid because it was warranted.

Martial, Rashford and Pogba all thoroughly deserve to be booed by United fans because they're all lazy as feck, on obscene wages and the former two have completely given up on football, while the latter gave up on United about 4 years ago. The fact none of them have really had any stick from matchgoing fans despite this is just testament to what a bunch of doormats we are at OT.
Huh? He was booed by United fans a few months ago, so what do you mean redundant?
Rashford hasn’t been booed but when he had that altercation with the fan outside Old Trafford we had journalists and the clubs official Social media accounts jumping to his defence. Same with Maguire when he got booed playing for England. I never see the same support for foreign players. Pogba, Martial, Fellaini, Nani etc have all been booed at Old Trafford down the years and all I see is people trying to justify it.

OL29

I don't think that it is the case after having a lot of conversations with people that would boo him, I think that it's just an irrational level of disappointment and resentment. He was seen as the clubs saviour and didn't match their expectations. There is also a bit of tribalism, he left in 2012 and many people took it as a personal offence which is something that I'm a lot more receptive to.
I can actually understand why some fans choose to boo him, even though yesterday was a strange match to pick, what baffles me is the lack of public support for him and other non Brits when it happens. It’s the media I take issue with, and they’re poisonous and they have a huge influence on our fan base.

Marwood

can someone explain why he was getting booed? And why there hasn’t been the backing for him that there was when Maguire was booed? And can someone explain why others weren’t getting booed?

confused
Because fans know the difference between a player genuinely struggling and a player underperforming almost by choice.

Not sure Maguire has been booed by United fans and that's because for all his poor form his effort levels can't really be faulted.

What fans really don't like, is a player you feel could be doing much better and that's Pogba. That feeling he's treating games like an exhibition rather than as a serious pro.

Having said all that I don't like any player being booed. Was at the game Saturday and it wasn't pleasant to hear.

In terms of reaponse by the media I think you're maybe looking for something that's not here. But I'm guessing the French media wolud be more responsive to a French player than an English player?

hobbers

Huh? He was booed by United fans a few months ago, so what do you mean redundant?
Rashford hasn’t been booed but when he had that altercation with the fan outside Old Trafford we had journalists and the clubs official Social media accounts jumping to his defence. Same with Maguire when he got booed playing for England. I never see the same support for foreign players. Pogba, Martial, Fellaini, Nani etc have all been booed at Old Trafford down the years and all I see is people trying to justify it.
Compared to the boos he's seen at Sevilla, or the boos Pogba had yesterday, or the boos Maguire had from England fans, the *mild disgruntled noise* when Martial subbed on vs West Ham doesn't even measure on the scale.

And still, any level of booing Martial is warranted. Nobody can argue against it. While England fans had no justifiable reason to boo Maguire so people obviously questioned it more. His nationality was irrelevant.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It would be foolish of me to deny that English people want English players such as Rashford, Shaw, Maguire, AWB and Sancho to do as. I'm sure that's true of every human being the world over. It's natural to want your countrymen to do well, no?

I can only speak for myself regards the Pogba situation, but personally, I've given up on the lad. I honestly give zero shits for where he was born, only that he didn't meet our expectations and then decided to leave the club on a free, removing the option to recoup a portion of his transfer fee in the process. I don't want to back him because he's no longer a United player. That's it in a nutshell

I'd bench him, Lingard, Henderson (English players!) and anyone else who no longer wants to play for the club for the remainder of the season in favour of the kids, regardless of the impact it has on our results. But I'm a typical fan, Rangnick will likely be more rational about it and play the best players he has at his disposal.

Steven-UK

Because at least Maguire actually tries, Pogba is just an overrated show pony best watched on Youtube.

Lyng

Because at least Maguire actually tries, Pogba is just an overrated show pony best watched on Youtube.
Feck of with this take. Pogba keeps getting played in different positions. We all know he is not a CDM yet that was his role in that game, and he played better than Bruno and Rashford. Why where they not booed?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Feck of with this take. Pogba keeps getting played in different positions. We all know he is not a CDM yet that was his role in that game, and he played better than Bruno and Rashford. Why where they not booed?
Because they're United players still, Pogba essentially isn't.

If Pogba signed the very generous contract offer made to him by the club, the one that has been available to him since before the season began, he wouldn't have got booed by the United fans at the weekend.

poleglass red

that's not how Utd tend to work, booing players isn't really our thing and even when it's done it's small pockets and not as a collective.So when you see a player being booed it really shows how far that player has fallen. For what Pogba has delivered in 5-6 yrs he has been here, I think some of the fans have had enough. We were super quick to call out Souness for his constant criticism of him, maybe Souness wasn't that far of the mark. Pogba for me has been a miserable transfer fail, yes there been moments here and there but nowhere near enough. Blame the running of the club, blame the managers, blame the lack of ability around him, yes all mitigating factors, but blame has to be attributed to the player as well. He's not the only one, but maybe fans see what he cost and what he has delivered, nowhere near good enough. I think at this point it's best for us he leaves and probably best for himself. In a time when workrate now is paramount with managers like Pep and Klopp and will be with ETH , his style of play won't compliment a lot of modern managers tactics.

Lyng

that's not how Utd tend to work, booing players isn't really our thing and even when it's done it's small pockets and not as a collective.So when you see a player being booed it really shows how far that player has fallen. For what Pogba has delivered in 5-6 yrs he has been here, I think some of the fans have had enough. We were super quick to call out Souness for his constant criticism of him, maybe Souness wasn't that far of the mark. Pogba for me has been a miserable transfer fail, yes there been moments here and there but nowhere near enough. Blame the running of the club, blame the managers, blame the lack of ability around him, yes all mitigating factors, but blame has to be attributed to the player as well. He's not the only one, but maybe fans see what he cost and what he has delivered, nowhere near good enough. I think at this point it's best for us he leaves and probably best for himself. In a time when workrate now is paramount with managers like Pep and Klopp and will be with ETH , his style of play won't compliment a lot of modern managers tactics.
Absolutely and I agree that overall Pogba has been disappointing. What I call our is the difference in treatment of players. Maguire gets booed and players, media and United fans are quick to defend him.
Pogba gets booed by our own fans ...silence from ex players and media or and people in here defend the boos.
Then people say it's because he looks like he doesn't care. Well what about Lingard and Rashford then?
"Well he hasn't lived up to his price!!"...uhm well what about Maguire?
"Well he is running down his contract!" ...We got an offer but didn't accept it? And what about Lingard?
"He is negative and talks during international breaks!"....Hmm what about Shaw's comments last international break? In fact Pogba has been pretty quiet this season.

My personal opinion is we should not boo our own players ever. But if you do at least be consistent.

ForeverRed1

Because fans know the difference between a player genuinely struggling and a player underperforming almost by choice.

Not sure Maguire has been booed by United fans and that's because for all his poor form his effort levels can't really be faulted.

What fans really don't like, is a player you feel could be doing much better and that's Pogba. That feeling he's treating games like an exhibition rather than as a serious pro.

Having said all that I don't like any player being booed. Was at the game Saturday and it wasn't pleasant to hear.

In terms of reaponse by the media I think you're maybe looking for something that's not here. But I'm guessing the French media wolud be more responsive to a French player than an English player?
you don’t see the level of contempt pogba gets to any English player ? Or do you ? Name some

Denis79

Absolutely and I agree that overall Pogba has been disappointing. What I call our is the difference in treatment of players. Maguire gets booed and players, media and United fans are quick to defend him.
Pogba gets booed by our own fans ...silence from ex players and media or and people in here defend the boos.
Then people say it's because he looks like he doesn't care. Well what about Lingard and Rashford then?
"Well he hasn't lived up to his price!!"...uhm well what about Maguire?
"Well he is running down his contract!" ...We got an offer but didn't accept it? And what about Lingard?
"He is negative and talks during international breaks!"....Hmm what about Shaw's comments last international break? In fact Pogba has been pretty quiet this season.

My personal opinion is we should not boo our own players ever. But if you do at least be consistent.
Good points, I disagree about the booing though. Boing the team after an absymal performance is understandable but I don't like the booing of a single player.

Marwood

you don’t see the level of contempt pogba gets to any English player ? Or do you ? Name some
I don't know how you're measuring contempt and I'm also aware of the hyper victimisation some guys in here feel for Pogba.

But Maguire and particularly Jones have become joke figures. I don't remember the media defending Jones as he became increasingly mocked. If anything they joined in.

Did the French media defend Maguire after he was booed by England fans?

JPRouve

Scout
Actually, Sofoot published an article in defsense of Maguire saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.