Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
English tabloid media cater to England fans (and are scummy as feck in general), so it's hardly surprising if they're less inclined to feel sorry for Pogba being booed (compared to Maguire).

That has nothing to do with how United fans perceive the players in question, though. And to imply that the latter (United fans) are unduly influenced by the Sun or the Mail (and their pro-England bias) is both a cheap shot and quite untrue in my experience. Most match going fans I know personally don't care about England - or very little at any rate.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Is fasting really the issue?

He hasn't looked right since he got COVID.

If, and I mean if, he hasn't recovered properly from the virus then says a lot that he is still playing
It doesn't have to be an issue, but you should definitely have a word about it with your manager and vice versa. I find it amazing that they haven't even discussed it yet.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It doesn't have to be an issue, but you should definitely have a word about it with your manager and vice versa. I find it amazing that they haven't even discussed it yet.
I don’t think its down to the player to do that

Cassidy

English tabloid media cater to England fans (and are scummy as feck in general), so it's hardly surprising if they're less inclined to feel sorry for Pogba being booed (compared to Maguire).

That has nothing to do with how United fans perceive the players in question, though. And to imply that the latter (United fans) are unduly influenced by the Sun or the Mail (and their pro-England bias) is both a cheap shot and quite untrue in my experience. Most match going fans I know personally don't care about England - or very little at any rate.
Its got nothing to do with caring about the England team.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I don’t think its down to the player to do that
Yeah, I am not blaming him, it just goes to show the atmosphere in the team for me that they aren't even talking about it. It's not like it has happened yesterday, it's more than two weeks now, and Pogba generally has problems with stamina.

Cassidy

Yeah, I am not blaming him, it just goes to show the atmosphere in the team for me that they aren't even talking about it. It's not like it has happened yesterday, it's more than two weeks now, and Pogba generally has problems with stamina.
Yeah its a shame but I am not surprised one bit. Hopefully things change with the new setup but the knowing your players and man management at the club has been dire for a while

Roane

Oh yeah I agree with you there.

I just think, reading social media etc, fasting has become an issue for some folk whereas I think he was struggling to put in 90 minutes before Ramadhan. Seem to coincide with his getting the virus. His fitness/stamina normally has never been an issue even in past Ramadhan.

On a wider point I think it was Newcastle who first became "sensitive" to Muslim players. Putting in a prayer room etc at James park. Surprised it's not been as highlighted at 'bigger" clubs.

Cassidy

Oh yeah I agree with you there.

I just think, reading social media etc, fasting has become an issue for some folk whereas I think he was struggling to put in 90 minutes before Ramadhan. Seem to coincide with his getting the virus. His fitness/stamina normally has never been an issue even in past Ramadhan.

On a wider point I think it was Newcastle who first became "sensitive" to Muslim players. Putting in a prayer room etc at James park. Surprised it's not been as highlighted at 'bigger" clubs.
He has definately had fitness issues since coming back from his covid layoff. Whether or not its due to covid or some other injury he had (he has had quite a few long injury layoffs lately) who knows

With regards to muslims players. I noticed some criticism of Salahs form of late which I found interesting.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Its got nothing to do with caring about the England team.
Well, it kind of does if the implication is that United fans are influenced by the (pro-Ingerland) gutter press.

And if that is not the implication, there's no need to mention the media at all (especially since 99% on here will agree that English (gutter) media is an abomination).

Cassidy

Well, it kind of does if the implication is that United fans are influenced by the (pro-Ingerland) gutter press.

And if that is not the implication, there's no need to mention the media at all (especially since 99% on here will agree that English (gutter) media is an abomination).
Yet we have seen the same kind of things like ‘he cares more about haircuts that football’ said by United fans on this very forum.

Its got nothing to do with the England TEAM is what I said.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why are people trying to make this about race? Paul Pogba came with the price tag and reputation of one of the best Midfielders in the world and he's not even been as good as Jordan Henderson has for Liverpool in same time period. Not to mention the chaos surrounding his agent.

This is why fans have had enough of the BS. Fans feel badly let down by him because we all know he has the talent to be whatever he wants to be. Sadly he doesn't have the heart and attitude to match.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yet we have seen the same kind of things like ‘he cares more about haircuts that football’ said by United fans on this very forum.

Its got nothing to do with the England TEAM is what I said.
The connection to the England team is obviously via Maguire - whose case (of being booed) is constantly compared to Pogba's at the moment.

As far as haircuts are concerned - sure, we've seen comments of that ilk on here. They've been largely reduced to meme status by now, though. It would perhaps be more to the point to ask whether we have a substantial subset of fans who were always prejudiced against Pogba (because of...haircuts) - to which I would answer no, I really don't think so.

The vast majority of United fans (on here and elsewhere) welcomed him back and desperately wanted him to succeed. And the vast majority of those who now say "good riddance" do so for reasons that have nothing to do with his hair.

Cassidy

The connection to the England team is obviously via Maguire - whose case (of being booed) is constantly compared to Pogba's at the moment.

As far as haircuts are concerned - sure, we've seen comments of that ilk on here. They've been largely reduced to meme status by now, though. It would perhaps be more to the point to ask whether we have a substantial subset of fans who were always prejudiced against Pogba (because of...haircuts) - to which I would answer no, I really don't think so.

The vast majority of United fans (on here and elsewhere) welcomed him back and desperately wanted him to succeed. And the vast majority of those who now say "good riddance" do so for reasons that have nothing to do with his hair.
English tabloid media cater to England fans (and are scummy as feck in general),
You wrote the above.

Im saying its got nothing to do with the England team. English tabloid media is just xenophobic in general

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Imagine he moved to City :eek:
Could see it, don’t think he’s interested in uprooting his family, worth keeping an eye on.

Chripper

Imagine he moved to City :eek:
Could see it, don’t think he’s interested in uprooting his family, worth keeping an eye on.
There's no chance.

Pep likes his players to press and to work hard.

Two things that Pogba doesn't exactly excel at. Plus, I doubt Pep would green light Pogba's annual holiday... I mean... recuperation... to Dubai.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Feck this useless coward off tonight and take his fanboys with him.

What a waste of space he is.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I said few weeks ago tbat I am expexting him to miss this game with mysterious injury, but I wasn't far off. As soon as he saw we are losing he probably faked or overreacted to a nothing injury.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Imagine he feigned injury to be taken off as a final feck you to fans for being booed. :lol:

el3mel

I'll miss his injuries when he leaves. These were some good 5 minutes played here. :lol: :drool:

Ludens the Red

I didn’t watch the game but I laughed out loud when I saw he’d been subbed off after 10 mins or whatever. I was certain he’d be “injured” in training before the game. And then seeing his sub on livescore just cracked me up….
The idea that he is genuinely injured is hilarious.
Hopefully that’s the last time he ever plays for us. Will be glad to see the back of this cnut and many others in the summer.

Superunknown

I've stopped caring about him. In my mind, he's already gone. Quicker we all move on, the better it is for everyone. Realistically, we haven't benefitted from him too much this season anyway.

SER19

Faked the injury. No question. Sent off on purpose at old Trafford. The embodiment of Woodwards reign

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
The fact that pretty much everyone agrees that he is not injured says a lot about him really.

Coward for getting injured?
I don't think anyone here thinks he was actually injured.

OL29

The fact that pretty much everyone agrees that he is not injured says a lot about him really.

I don't think anyone here thinks he was actually injured.
Well he’s very injury prone so I think that’s more likely than a professional footballer feigning injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.