Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

youmeletsfly

Yep. The only one capable of accurate long passes into space, we needed him to stay on to break the lines. Starting to think many in our fan base are clueless, expect the few genuinely good players we have to drag the likes of mcfred, maguire, an out of form rashford to wins in big games.
So you're saying that middle aged men wasting time on forums might be clueless individuals? What kind of witchery is that?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Pogba with another assist. Too bad he’s leaving for ‘’free’’ this summer.

Bobski

I was watching some Pogba highlights from 2017/2018 and I don't know if it is just confirmation bias, seeing what I expected to see, but he looked lighter, more agile and quick on the turn, with a quicker first step when driving away from opponents.

For those who have payed more attention to Pogba, how much has he lost physically from say 3-4 years ago, am I just seeing a greater deterioration there than has actually taken place?

Marwood

I was watching some Pogba highlights from 2017/2018 and I don't know if it is just confirmation bias, seeing what I expected to see, but he looked lighter, more agile and quick on the turn, with a quicker first step when driving away from opponents.

For those who have payed more attention to Pogba, how much has he lost physically from say 3-4 years ago, am I just seeing a greater deterioration there than has actually taken place?
I think the same. I think it's been the case for a couple of years but went under the radar.

Not sure if he's overdoing the weights, not doing his cardio or just an early Rooney type physical decline.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think the same. I think it's been the case for a couple of years but went under the radar.

Not sure if he's overdoing the weights, not doing his cardio or just an early Rooney type physical decline.
Long covid

mu4c_20le

Faded in the second half but still single handedly created the corner for our winner

El Jefe

How can he be so unfit. He got taken off early in the City game so have no clue why he was gassed before the 60min mark today.

He did some good things and helped the team on the ball in parts but once his energy went he was a liability.

Bobski

Looks close to physically done.

What is he? 28? So he can't be, it has to be preparation.

finneh

Receive ball in space, hold on to ball until opposition player presses, hold arm out to try and keep opposition player at bay, keep holding arm out until unable to hold opposition player at bay any longer, realise 5 seconds too late that you're unable to hold player at bay indefinitely, attempt pass whilst off balance, pass inaccurately, pass received by opposition player, opposition counter-attack. Rinse. Repeat.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Jogba for most of today. His boots were where our transitions went to die after half time. Looked completely gassed by the hour. Pray Bruno is fit for Atleti.

The United

He had a couple of nice balls forward but that is about it.

I would have moaned a lot about him if we lost. Now I will just leave at it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That was a tragic performance. He seems to have dropped 10/15% in terms of fitness. Maybe he is still getting full fitness back, but if it is more permanent, then I fear he can no longer play in the PL. He just can’t get close to anybody out of possession, and he seems to have lost half a yard in possession too which is making him more sloppy on the ball.

Of course, the quality is there, and if he’s given time on the ball he’s the best we have IMO. But he won’t get that in many PL games anymore. Perhaps I’m overstating as he has had some games since his return like against Leeds where he dealt with a running team until he gassed, but the fitness seems to be worsening at a worrying rate.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He goes from being sublime to looking like a pub player. For every one great thing he does, he does two or three bad things. How many times was he caught in possession in the game. Then he makes the corner for our third.

AFC NimbleThumb

No poorer today than others have been all season & played a role in goal creation.

Physically doesn’t look the player he was but I’m sure he’ll be back again with his impending change of scenery.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The pace of the game and his constant little niggles he picks up every campaign are catching up with him.
He'll cruise Serie A though.

Bobski

That was a tragic performance. He seems to have dropped 10/15% in terms of fitness. Maybe he is still getting full fitness back, but if it is more permanent, then I fear he can no longer play in the PL. He just can’t get close to anybody out of possession, and he seems to have lost half a yard in possession too which is making him more sloppy on the ball.

Of course, the quality is there, and if he’s given time on the ball he’s the best we have IMO. But he won’t get that in many PL games anymore. Perhaps I’m overstating as he has had some games since his return like against Leeds where he dealt with a running team until he gassed, but the fitness seems to be worsening at a worrying rate.
Back 6 weeks and no fitter. He had covid so maybe there is an underlying cardio stamina issue there, at least today he lasted 90, just about.

Telsim

Sloppy, very sloppy. I don't think I've seen a player that can swing so wildly in his performance. Goes from world class to shit. He is an excellent player when he is on it, but I'd rather have someone more consistent.

Kag

You watch him today and you honestly don’t give a feck whether he leaves or not.

Agree with the recent assessments that he looks slow and laboured.

BerryBerryShrew

I have never seen a player more convinced of his own press resistance in spite of a decade of evidence to the contrary. Seriously, how many times did he lose possession in the 2nd half alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.