Paul Pogba - Juventus player

Eddy_JukeZ

Whoever sanctioned giving him a contract extension should be removed from that duty. Was it Woodward?

Thank God Pogba declined the offer. He's been finished for a while now physically, but he seems to not even care anymore either.

crossy1686

career ending
Mentally retired after he won the WC, he hasn't given a shit since then. I'm sure they'll be a bunch of posters show up soon and tell everyone he's a world class talent and just misunderstood.

Everywhere he goes the fans hate him and his managers pick on him. At some point you have to accept that maybe everyone is just right about him?

Judas

Open to offers
At his best he really was a joy to watch. Sort of a throwback player, more individual and over the top. It’s quite clear his body has given up and he’s checked out mentally a good while ago though.

aeh1991

Who knows if ETH came a bit earlier, he could've even turned Pogba to the player he had been supposed to be? It's a shame how he has wasted his massive talent throughout the year, despite even winning the wc as a regular.

Herman Toothrot

Jose was right thread being bumped anytime now …
Mourinho signed him. Pretending the charity sheild counts as a trophy is one thing, but saying 'see, I was right!' when a record signing of yours fails to deliver is a new level of twisted.

ShoePolish

Who knows if ETH came a bit earlier, he could've even turned Pogba to the player he had been supposed to be? It's a shame how he has wasted his massive talent throughout the year, despite even winning the wc as a regular.
Not sure him trying to dribble through opposition players near his own penalty box was a coaching issue.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Mourinho signed him. Pretending the charity sheild counts as a trophy is one thing, but saying 'see, I was right!' when a record signing of yours fails to deliver is a new level of twisted.
I know!
And the thread actually got bumped :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Out again! For all his mistakes, boring attitude and stubborness, the Pogback saga to make him the stalwart of our midfield is the smoking gun Allegri’s sackable offence, if only because it just shows how out of touch and past-it he is as a football man these days.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
ETH did some great things but I am not sure he is knowledgeable as a doctor though.

Devil81

This virus running through top-level football now needs sorting out ASAP.

Something needs adding into contracts to protect clubs against these types of players, he's basically not bothered about playing anymore. He's not the only one either Lingard, Alli, Jones, Rodwell, Drinkwater, Barkley.

The game is riddled with them. When you look back on the likes of David Bentley and Andre Schurlee retiring because they didn't want it anymore. You've got to take your hat off to them, at least they were honest.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I have (and probably others) said a while now that Pogba career at this rate is reaching a point where its no longer realistic that he will remain injury free to the point where he can have a future in professional football. Him suffering a new muscle related injury so quickly after returning from another near-year-long absence just underlines that sad fact.

I honestly believe that Paul Pogba will be forced into retirement within the next 1-2 seasons.

saivet

When did he see the witch doctor? Astonishingly this season makes it look like we got lucky with his injuries, even in his final couple of seasons at United.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This virus running through top-level football now needs sorting out ASAP.

Something needs adding into contracts to protect clubs against these types of players, he's basically not bothered about playing anymore. He's not the only one either Lingard, Alli, Jones, Rodwell, Drinkwater, Barkley.

The game is riddled with them. When you look back on the likes of David Bentley and Andre Schurlee retiring because they didn't want it anymore. You've got to take your hat off to them, at least they were honest.
The players associations wont allow the clubs to gain more power over the players than they already have. Any clause giving a club the option to remove players from contracts suffering long term injuries will be met with legal action the moment its suggested.

Its hardly a "virus" plaguing football. Its a handful of players with injury problems that keep getting paid salaries.

What is stopping a club from simply declaring a player they want to get rid of "not fit to play" in order to terminate their contract? For example: Player x that gets his knee blown out due to a bad tackle. When do you create the cutout point for the club to cancel the contract? Who is responsible for the players missing salary when the injury is not of his own fault? Does the injured player have a monetary claim against the player that injured him? Or the players club?

This isnt as easy as just getting rid of players you dont like because they are injured. There is a big bowl of spaghetti of situations and scenarios that would individually need to be taken through sport courts if the parties cant agree. Its years of litigation.

The clubs do have some protection against situations like this. One is to stop awarding players with huge injury records long term contracts. Paul Pogba signed a 4 year contract with Juventus despite having spent 1 1/2 seasons of the last 4 seasons with Manchester United injured. There is nothing protecting you against weaponized incompetence like that.

Dan_F

I have (and probably others) said a while now that Pogba career at this rate is reaching a point where its no longer realistic that he will remain injury free to the point where he can have a future in professional football. Him suffering a new muscle related injury so quickly after returning from another near-year-long absence just underlines that sad fact.

I honestly believe that Paul Pogba will be forced into retirement within the next 1-2 seasons.
If not defending him, but getting a small muscle injury after being out for so long kind of makes sense no? His body hasn’t been used to high intensity movement and he probably tweaked something.

We need an rvn

The players associations wont allow the clubs to gain more power over the players than they already have. Any clause giving a club the option to remove players from contracts suffering long term injuries will be met with legal action the moment its suggested.
I don’t know exactly how nfl contracts work, but pretty sure these contacts often include guaranteed / non guaranteed salary. Maybe that’s something players like of a should offered.

The other option of course would be someone offering them a basic base salary with heavy performance based bonuses.

that could work in some cases

Oldyella

Arf.

No massive surprise he's picked up another knock though is it? Seems like a lot of players out for a prolonged period pick up muscle injuries when back. Especially ones made of glass.

pogbasformerbarber

Something’s up here…he finally gets back, gets disciplined, and all of sudden has another injury for three weeks. I don’t buy it. I’m not a tinfoil hat guy, but this smacks of a player and team loathing each other and wanting nothing to do with them.

pogbasformerbarber

Its hardly a "virus" plaguing football. Its a handful of players with injury problems that keep getting paid salaries.

What is stopping a club from simply declaring a player they want to get rid of "not fit to play" in order to terminate their contract? For example: Player x that gets his knee blown out due to a bad tackle. When do you create the cutout point for the club to cancel the contract? Who is responsible for the players missing salary when the injury is not of his own fault? Does the injured player have a monetary claim against the player that injured him? Or the players club?

This isnt as easy as just getting rid of players you dont like because they are injured. There is a big bowl of spaghetti of situations and scenarios that would individually need to be taken through sport courts if the parties cant agree. Its years of litigation.

The clubs do have some protection against situations like this. One is to stop awarding players with huge injury records long term contracts. Paul Pogba signed a 4 year contract with Juventus despite having spent 1 1/2 seasons of the last 4 seasons with Manchester United injured. There is nothing protecting you against weaponized incompetence like that.
exactly…this isn’t pogbas fault it’s Juventus being total idiots. And even so, I’m sure they could sell him to another idiot club this summer if they wanted and since they got him on the free it wouldn’t even be bad business. There Are very few players that actually don’t want to play…