Paul Pogba | Manchester United player

How do you feel about the signing of Paul Pogba?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Well balls....

Thats the league decided for this season then.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I think people are forgetting at the time Pogba ran his contract down at United that summer he had an offer from nearly every top club in Europe to sign for them for free. City were offering him 1st team wages, Zidane wanted him for Madrids youth team, Arsenal, Chelsea everyone wanted Pogba.

What Raiola did was use his previous connections at Juve and tell them they can get him for free as long as Mino owns a certain percentage of the player and any future sales. Then i think Pogba family threw in their hat in the ring as well and asked for percentage of any future transfer fee if Juve wanted him to sign for free. So Juve only got Pogba over every other club in Europe because they agreed to a percentage of ownership by the agent and the family also got a small percentage of any future transfer.
This is true, I remember now that Arsenal in particular were very keen to sign him as their next Viera

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I thought Silva would also make it to that league, no?
Silva hasnt been at that level for a few years now... hes declined but continues to be rated up there by people who dont watch much of him. Still a good player but just goes missing often.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think people are forgetting at the time Pogba ran his contract down at United that summer he had an offer from nearly every top club in Europe to sign for them for free. City were offering him 1st team wages, Zidane wanted him for Madrids youth team, Arsenal, Chelsea everyone wanted Pogba.

What Raiola did was use his previous connections at Juve and tell them they can get him for free as long as Mino owns a certain percentage of the player and any future sales. Then i think Pogba family threw in their hat in the ring as well and asked for percentage of any future transfer fee if Juve wanted him to sign for free. So Juve only got Pogba over every other club in Europe because they agreed to a percentage of ownership by the agent and the family also got a small percentage of any future transfer.
Semantics, but Raiola never owned a percentage of the player.

cyberman

It was Vieira advising Pogba to leave United and join Juve.
Now we have him when Paul is in his prime. Thanks Patrick

Anustart89

Well balls....

Thats the league decided for this season then.
The best kind of Liverpool supporter. Now you just need to go on about how you've supported Liverpool since the mesozoic era and how you hate Liverpool and everything connected with the club, and you'll fit in just fine.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
First, why would he do that? Second, where did you get that info from?
I don't know how true it is but a french icon at Man City advising a young french United player to join his former club isn't too hard to believe.

Dumbat12

I don't know how true it is but a french icon at Man City advising a young french United player to join his former club isn't too hard to believe.
Lulz, I read that wrong, sorry. I thought he said "Patrick Viera adviced Pogba to join United".

: D

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
They really worked on manufacturing this, didn't they? Probably agreed for him to come with black clothes and a gold backpack to fit the whole black/gold theme.
Didn't think about that way but it worked, because the two things I remember from his arrival's the backpack and the red & black chevy.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
There is something very satisfying knowing that we have the worlds most expensive player at our club.

Its feels so fuzzy to know that real are probably angry about it

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi

Wow, just wow. :keano:

Yeah and Zidane didn't even move to Juve until 24, where as Pogba already doing things Zidane was at his peak. Also, it's worth noting that Pogba is 6cm taller than Zidane. You have to say, for a guy who is 191cm, his technique is exceptional, obviously not on Zlatans level but still very, very good for a big guy.

Yeah and Zidane didn't even move to Juve until 24, where as Pogba already doing things Zidane was at his peak. Also, it's worth noting that Pogba is 6cm taller than Zidane. You have to say, for a guy who is 191cm, his technique is exceptional, obviously not on Zlatans level but still very, very good for a big guy.
There's something about those long legs which just makes it look even more graceful. When Messi or Iniesta do it, it's just like "of course, that's what they do", but With Zidane and Pogba it just looks like they're doing something they aren't supposed to do.

Ixion

OK United, going to need some pictures of him in training soon.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
agree.

I was thinking of De Maria. If we still had him...under Mourinho instead of that clown. damn.
If we had a front 4 of Martial, Mhkittarian, Di Maria, Ibra - I'd feel sorry for our opponents.
Opposing defenders will be thinking, "how are we expected to prevent these guys from scoring?"

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This is true, I remember now that Arsenal in particular were very keen to sign him as their next Viera
Arsenal talk a big game.
Promising their fans they will sign this / that player.
Then they eventually go out of the running.

They were apparently going to sign Higuain. And Lacazette.
I doubt that they will sign anyone of any significance.

Wenger's job is to aim for top 4 and keep the CL money rolling in. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.
The rest of the money is pocketed by the owners of the club.

Dumbat12

If we had a front 4 of Martial, Mhkittarian, Di Maria, Ibra - I'd feel sorry for our opponents.
Opposing defenders will be thinking, "how are we expected to prevent these guys from scoring?"
Goddamn, this makes me sad.

Imagine our counterattacks with these four. Just like old times under SAF.

RedDevil@84

Arsenal talk a big game.

Wenger's job is to aim for top 4 and keep the CL money rolling in. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less.
They bid 29M for him.... :lol::lol::lol:

AN17

Had to be away from internet for the a day and half, missed the signing and now catching up to the reality of having signed the most expensive signing in football history..

Mindhunter

Arsenal talk a big game.

Exactly. Their fans are also surprisingly satisfied with this model i.e. paying high ticket prices but the club not spending them on players. They are actually offering only 30m for Mahrez who was the league's best player last season while the likes of Stones are going for 47.5m

RedDevil@84

Exactly. Their fans are also surprisingly satisfied with this model i.e. paying high ticket prices but the club not spending them on players. They are actually offering only 30m for Mahrez who was the league's best player last season while the likes of Stones are going for 47.5m
This. I find their fans to be fine with Gazidis saying they dont have money to compete with big clubs and Wenger not flashing the money, when many smaller PL clubs are bidding 35M etc and rejecting offers for their players even for 25-30M because of TV money.

Status
Not open for further replies.