Paul Scholes | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_G

Giggs only attempted 44 passes and completed only 34 out of them. With Scholesy you usually get a much higher pass percentage and much more passes.
I'm sure scholes makes much more passes on average but the thing is we know he struggles in matches like this. I love scholes and his return has been great but there are certain games where he's not suited for. Sure today giggs was poor, but in general he's more suite to a faster game, he fluffed it today. Tbh I would have started cleverley if he was at the fitness he showed today. But we really needed a fletcher here.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Giggs only attempted 44 passes and completed only 34 out of them. With Scholesy you usually get a much higher pass percentage and much more passes.
That's because they're both very different players.

Giggs is much more likely to assist a goal than Scholes, he's also a much better crosser.

Scholes is just the possession king, keeps it far more simple than Giggs. We've got a job on our hands replacing him, as if we didn't know that already from this season.

The White Pele

He's now winning headers and making fantasticly timed tackles. If anything he's just getting better.

Bear Attack

I don't know what this man has for breakfast.

If anything, he is better than he was last season. He is back to his 2007 form.

prateik

What are the stats for this game?
Was a bit more adventurous.. had a few shots :D

Ash_G

He does look so much fitter than he did after this amount of games last season. Maybe he's doing something different, I think it helps that Carrick is playing so well next to him. Last season when he was tailing off he was usually partnered by an out of sorts Fletcher and in a few unusual/unbalanced midfields. Also think the overall work ethic of the forwards is helping a lot as you have both the wingers and strikers really tracking back well. Having said that a lot of the teams he's faced have really stood of us which is helping. Well whatever it is, long may it continue.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That two volleys he hit were phenomenal. Good to see he is back at shooting from long range though. Still the best long range shooter in our team by some distance.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He even tackles well FFS. Something's wrong. I mean, the laws of physic..

He's doing his trademark long-balls again as well.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Truly world class, if Pearce had a brain he forget the likes of Lamps, Gerrard and do his utmost best to get Scholes for the Euros..

Ash_G

Truly world class, if Pearce had a brain he forget the likes of Lamps, Gerrard and do his utmost best to get Scholes for the Euros..
Only thing with scholes at a tournament is that a cup tournament, where games are closer together would be much more demanding then most the games he's played so far where he's had a week between games and in general been facing teams who just sit back and let us have the ball. Having said that I can't think of a midfield combo in the league playing better than scholes and carrick, so maybe you take the chance.

Sw33t

To think this man is still performing at a level 20 times anyone else on the pitch is just mind blowing. Technical ability like no other.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Considering he's won the second most league titles of anyone ever in the history of English top division football, behind his teammate Ryan Giggs, you'd think people would talk about him more.

It seems he's getting as much attention from his comeback as he got in his last 6 years.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm so glad he came out of retirement. :drool: Absolute phenomenon.

kf

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had his heart in his mouth when Scholesy went down under that challenge... get up Scholesy, we've got a title to win!

Thank feck he's alright!

I think I may be in love...

Sw33t

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had his heart in his mouth when Scholesy went down under that challenge... get up Scholesy, we've got a title to win!

Thank feck he's alright!

I think I may be in love...
You think? I've known I'm in love with him for years!

Sally Cinnamon

It was in the first half, towards the end I think. He was booked for it.

edit - actually it was at the beginning of the second half, 49 minutes.

prateik

Hah. Didnt he get booked for that.. Barely any force.
Its like that Evra-Suarez non handshake still... completely out of context

mjs020294

His studs barely scraped the knee and the ball was 50:50. Absolutely no malice, that picture makes it look ten times worse than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.