Television Peaky Blinders

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Why do the seasons have to be so short :(

Nice finale.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
A great series, but the writers seemed to have lost patience at the end, looking for a bigger twist or shock too frequently and dramatically. Sometimes less is best.

Jagga7

The Tom Hardy scene was great, what a fantastic actor. While i found the season entertaining, its all becoming a bit ridiculous. They might as well have the Thomas working for the Illuminati next season.

I found the ending quite comical.

Classical Mechanic

The Tom Hardy scene was great, what a fantastic actor. While i found the season entertaining, its all becoming a bit ridiculous. They might as well have the Thomas working for the Illuminati next season.

I found the ending quite comical.
The whole cast are great actors but that was probably the scene of the series. It has all got a bit silly now but the acting and cinematography seems to be an antidote to that.

The whole communism and Russia connection isn't as daft as it may seem today. The communism movement was significant in Britain in those days and Lenin, Trotsky and Marx had all lived in England for periods before that so the connections would still have been there.

dellboyy

Yeah i didn't quite enjoy this season as much as the others, i kinda miss the small scale rivary days. Tom Hardy though is awesome, as said, that scene in the final episode was worth watching the whole season for!

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Very enjoyable finale that. Made me ponder how many shows I've seen that seem to fall flat on the ol' season finales these days.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Needs more Tom Hardy next season. Or not, let his moments stay sweet and short.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Damn, so close to fitting the criteria.

I've got the no previous acting experience down.

Parma Dewol

I'm a bit behind when it comes to Peaky Blinders, but a few people have recommended it so I decided to start watching this past Sunday on Netflix. Now on episode four of the first series and, while it's good, it hasn't quite gripped me the way I thought it might.

Should I continue with it, does it get better?

Oggmonster

I'm a bit behind when it comes to Peaky Blinders, but a few people have recommended it so I decided to start watching this past Sunday on Netflix. Now on episode four of the first series and, while it's good, it hasn't quite gripped me the way I thought it might.

I've seen it all and did think it was really good but I didn't binge watch it like I do other shows. Prob watched 1 or 2 episodes a week cos the pace of it isn't the quickest. I did prefer Series 2 to 1 though and I'd definitely stick with it. I thought the last couple episodes of S1 and pretty much all of S2 was the best episodes.

SqueakyWeasel

Obviously not!

Although I personally think the high standard of production and music alone make it well worth a watch. If you're three quarters the way through series one, and it's done nothing for you then perhaps you should choose something else.

Having said that, they are not particularly long series and it might be worth sticking with it just to witness Tom Hardy's cockney Jew portrayal in series two and three. :drool:

He makes a brief appearance in the first half of series two but you have go 12 in to see his best work: "I once carried out my own personal form of stigmata on an Italian. I pushed his face up against a trench and shoved a six-inch nail up his fecking nose and I hammered it home with a duckboard. It was fecking biblical, mate."

Would recommend sticking wiv it! ;)

Clock this treacle: http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/03/tom-h...-entire-third-series-by-all-accounts-5921291/

EDIT: Just had to re-watch the Series 3 Ep 06 Alfie Solomon scene … can't wait for May!

Last edited:

SteveTheRed

End of the first series and until now is where it gets good! Stick with it man

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Tom Hardy's scenes are all great.

To answer your question it's probably the last 1 or 2 episodes of Season 1 where it gets really good and keeps up a pretty steady standard from there so give those a go and if it still isn't for you it might be worth stopping.

Having said that as I said above Tom hardy is great in it and given the relative shortness of th seasons it might be worth going all the way anyway.

Parma Dewol

Given all the encouragement, we decided to keep on watching and it turns out episode five might have been a turning point. Some interesting developments and I'm now optimistic about episode six tonight. :)

Also didn't realise Tom Hardy was in it. One of my favourite actors so I'll be eagerly anticipating his appearance.

SteveTheRed

Given all the encouragement, we decided to keep on watching and it turns out episode five might have been a turning point. Some interesting developments and I'm now optimistic about episode six tonight. :)

Also didn't realise Tom Hardy was in it. One of my favourite actors so I'll be eagerly anticipating his appearance.
He plays a great character in it! It's onwards and upwards from Season 2

Brilliant, is Hardy in the next series?
Yes believe he is back in season 4, scriptwriter who is also doing Taboo has said so.

Parma Dewol

Finished Season 2 last night and Season 3 doesn't seem to be on Netflix yet. Glad I stuck with it, turned out to be a good show. Not great, but worth a watch. Found it to be a bit predictable, and I thought the second season lost its way a bit with London and the IRA, but Cillian Murphy's character was excellent.

rufus diabolus

Brilliant episode, Brody's character looking like a great addition.

Gutted about John, he's not getting up from that, reckon Michael will survive but realistically the mafia should be making sure that he's dead.

SteveTheRed

Forgot how good this show was, first episode last night was a cracker! I can't believe this thread is only 3 pages, probably the best TV show going.

Gutted about John, he's not getting up from that, reckon Michael will survive but realistically the mafia should be making sure that he's dead.
I think so, you only see him being hit once by a bullet. Thinking about it afterwards, if they wanted to killed of a main character , John 's time was probably up on the show, he was did start the whole thing with the Italians

Adebesi

Forgot how good this show was, first episode last night was a cracker! I can't believe this thread is only 3 pages, probably the best TV show going.
I was thinking the same thing. Last night's episode was particularly good but I reckon this show is better than GoT. Or Breaking Bad. Put the show's creators in charge of Brexit and theyd probably have rebuilt the British Empire by March 2019, theyre that good.

SteveTheRed

I was thinking the same thing. Last night's episode was particularly good but I reckon this show is better than GoT. Or Breaking Bad. Put the show's creators in charge of Brexit and theyd probably have rebuilt the British Empire by March 2019, theyre that good.
Agreed, this show is definitely top 3 and if this series goes well it will number 1.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I watched the first episode of the first season yesterday and that's enough for me. It's probably brilliant but I just can't deal with the accents.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I watched the first episode of the first season yesterday and that's enough for me. It's probably brilliant but I just can't deal with the accents.
Same with me, but months ago.