Pep: “I’d like more fans to come Saturday”

MuFc_1992

:lol: Stick to coaching, and you stick to... sitting at home? Ungrateful bastards. An all time great manager is leading a plastic caricature of a club and they don't even realise it
This is equivalent of us telling fergie to stay at home..

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Love how you always take our rival club's side no matter which thread. Sometimes I do agree with you but it seems it's an automatic response :)
I've been consistent on this stance (first encounter was in an argument about whether RM or United were bigger)

But that's not the point of this thread so I'll go back to my homework :D

largelyworried

I’ve always felt that Pep gets a lot of respect from fans and players, but not much love.

Uniquim

Always reminds me of this, which is a bit hard to watch. Pellegrini's goodbye to Etihad. I think he was their most successful manager at the time, most of the fans had gone home, and there's a moment at 4:05 where the video cavalcade has him call the City fans the best in the league, and then the camera zooms out to show the empty stands. :lol:

Himannv

Good grief, they're like ungrateful entitled little brats. He's the best coach they've ever had and they'll ever have in future and they tell him to stick to coaching!? Stick to sitting on your couch and yelling at the TV screen why don't you.

Real Name

Always reminds me of this, which is a bit hard to watch. Pellegrini's goodbye to Etihad. I think he was their most successful manager at the time, most of the fans had gone home, and there's a moment at 4:05 where the video cavalcade has him call the City fans the best in the league, and then the camera zooms out to show the empty stands. :lol:

That's actually painful to watch, poor sod is giving a farewell speech and barely anyone has stayed to listen.

Pep's Suit

That's not true. Pellegrini was quite terrible and no City fan cared about him. If anything most wanted him gone in summer 2015. The only manager City fans loved was Mancini and that's something Pep didn't change. He's a great manager but seems like he has no connection to the club.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's not true. Pellegrini was quite terrible and no City fan cared about him. If anything most wanted him gone in summer 2015. The only manager City fans loved was Mancini and that's something Pep didn't change. He's a great manager but seems like he has no connection to the club.
How so?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This guy just wants and wants.

Been getting record numbers in after lockdown, filling an entire 13 seats yet wants more.

Pep Guardiola is my idol.

MUFCAFC

Supports
Charlton, United
Hopefully he doesn’t tolerate the disrespect, leaves, and then it puts off other world class managers— because it should.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Remember the myth of more city fans in Manchester than united
I used to think there was something to that claim when I lived down south, and I used to see loads of United fans in London. But I now live in a city that isn't too far from Manchester and I've spent many weekends in the city. It's the only place on earth I've come across adult City fans, but nah, based on my anecdotal evidence - people I've personally met and club merchandise I've seen worn out and about - United fans outnumber City fans by something like 4 to 1.

Last edited:

Smacky The Frog

Football fans, and honestly sports fans in general, are such sensitive babies when they're even slightly called out. We can say whatever we want about how all these professionals do their jobs and give them dog's abuse and they're expected to just cop it, but the second they question us, no matter how reasonable and polite ("hey fellas, can you please be a little louder next game? we need your energy. i love you xxxx"), it's just whiny indignation in response - YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE ME! !! I HAVE CHILDREN!! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO SUPPORT A CLUB AND SUPPORT A CHILD AT THE SAME TIME???!! ESPECIALLY ON A WEDNESDAY??? STICK TO COACHING YOU Pep Guardiola is my idol!

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
erm….

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974–75_Manchester_United_F.C._season

Parts to pay special attention to whilst playing in second division:

Highest home attendance: 60,585 vs Sunderland (30 November 1974)

Average home attendance: 47,781

In division two we could manage 10,000 more fans on average for a second division league game than City can muster versus Leipzig in the Champions League.

Some older “classic” teams are what they are now because of the large fan base, rather than vice versa as your post suggests. It’s why we (and Liverpool for that matter) could go almost three decades without a league win and still have massive attendances and massive financial clout, always expecting that the sleeping giant will awake.
Does anyone think Citeh could go three decades now and still have that? My arse they could, there’s your difference.
I went to look at City average attendance in the same period and it was 32K there stadium cap was 35k, it seems like they were able to fill the stadium, question is why? Well according to wiki they had won a few titles and were somewhat competitive, its no wonder they had the houseful a lot of times because there team was enjoyable to watch for them, however that was it, after that it was poor management and City disappeared and became irrelevant, whatever fans they had either probably quit football, started supporting United or some other team. This is what I'm implying City fanbase just isn't big, because of 3 decades worth of poor management all young Manchester lads support United when they were growing up + they couldn't reach an English crowd outside Manchester either, with United success in the 90's and 00's it further made them more dominate. City winning the titles, but they're support not just in Manchester, but England has been weak, they'll need another decade or more of success and the younger gen that is growing up will probably end up supporting them for x, y or z reason.

It's because of your success in the past not fanbase, Liverpool were able to go without winning a titles because they were still one of the most successful English teams, despite City recent success they still aren't close to United or Pool success yet alone Arsenal. Liverpool don't have financial clout, not sure where that comes from they have to sell in order to make things meet, they can't spend like the way United due and a large part is because of there lack of success over that 30 year period. Even during their midtable run there fanbase was tame and Anfield wasn't the same fortress it use to be plenty of time it was poor atmosphere and little passion, if you look at early 2000 Sunderlands, Newcastle, hell even City 1-2 years had a higher average attendance record then Pool. Ever since Klopp has come in there attendance has increased by 10k.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well there is no club to connect to.

Paxi

He’s really out of order isn’t he - wanting a bit more support from his fans? How dare he ask for such things…

Ludens the Red

Remember the myth of more city fans in Manchester than united
To this day it’s a myth that never made any logical sense. Goes without saying but Manchester United were a bigger and more recognisable club than City pre takeover. Uniteds support around the country outweighed city because they won shit loads of trophies. More success equals more fans, it’s obvious. You go to London, you go to Birmingham, you go to Bristol, there’d be more United than city there.

Why would Manchester then be the only city in the country where there were more city fans than United. As if most Mancunians would inexplicably ignore this giant football club on their doorstep to go support the less successful and lesser known team..

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
They're an absolute joke of a club.

All those years bemoaning being in our shadow, claiming to be the real, heartbeat club of the city.

They have never had it so good - one of the best managers in the history of the game playing some of the best football the league's seen...

And they can't even fill the 5th biggest stadium in the league.

Entitled, plastic and bitter.

Paxi

It’s amazing how they actually retort by posting videos of the full stadium like it’s some fecking achievement?

Also seen some lad going on how they were ‘massive’ on Bluemoon. Seriously, it’s too easy to take the piss out of them.

mu4c_20le

They're an absolute joke of a club.

All those years bemoaning being in our shadow, claiming to be the real, heartbeat club of the city.

They have never had it so good - one of the best managers in the history of the game playing some of the best football the league's seen...

And they can't even fill the 5th biggest stadium in the league.

Entitled, plastic and bitter.
Can you blame them? Deep down they know their achievements are hollow. Thats why they cant even get excited by the football. It's like the rich kid who has everything, having trouble getting excited by christmas.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can we swap managers? Pep deserves a big stage to manage on. He would be fecking brilliant as our manager. Let City have Mr “football is simple it’s about passion & desire” at the empty had.

Paxi

Can we swap managers? Pep deserves a big stage to manage on. He would be fecking brilliant as our manager. Let City have Mr “football is simple it’s about passion & desire” at the empty had.
Why would you want a United legend managing that rabble of shit?

I understand wanting Pep but swapping managers is odd. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy, being turned by that lot. Pure fecking creeps the lot of them.