Pep Guardiola

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
Don't you guys think this is a sackable offense of a top three team in the world? Winning only a piss poor league for both years which even a blind man could have managed. Getting humiliated in the champions league both times. I think he has been an utter failure at Bayern with his high expectations.

ForlansHair

Taking barcelona on from a technical standpoint is as ridiculous today as it was when he was coaching them. They didn't stand a chance the moment he decided to play open football.
That's why he's so good and why I want him here. I wouldn't be arsed if we lost like that, it's great to watch. What's the point in playing and watching football if you don't want to emulate the best? You're not going to do it by sitting in your own half all game.

El-Manos

In danger of getting sacked my arse, he just won the league 2nd time in a row. Lost against a brilliant Barcelona in the semi's. Besides, who would even come close to be his successor ?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes a brilliant coach, excellent coach. What could have been with that Heynkes team though?

Zoo

I credit his approach. He's not a coward like Mourinho.

thepolice123

He won them the league and brought them to the semis twice in a row. Don't understand how you can get sacked for that.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Don't you guys think this is a sackable offense of a top three team in the world? Winning only a piss poor league for both years which even a blind man could have managed. Getting humiliated in the champions league both times. I think he has been an utter failure at Bayern with his high expectations.
Not that shit again :lol:

Winrar

To be fair to Pep the Bayern team right now is beset with injuries (or so I think) and Messi is doing what he does best.

Someone

Something
Having won the league basically unchallenged has made the CL seem like the only way you could judge his time at bayern, which is unfair imo, because no manager can guarantee winning the CL in 1, 2 or even 5 years, it's a cup competition, and a bloody difficult one.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Don't you guys think this is a sackable offense of a top three team in the world? Winning only a piss poor league which even a blind man could have managed. Getting humiliated in the champions league both times. I think he has been an utter failure at Chelsea with his high expectations.
Yep Jose's sacking could be justified ...

Supports
Barcelona
He played a great game. The difference was just Messi, and the third goal was really cruel

but I'll take it :D

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
In danger of getting sacked my arse, he just won the league 2nd time in a row. Lost against a brilliant Barcelona in the semi's. Besides, who would even come close to be his successor ?

They sacked Hitzfeld who won the CL, got to two other CL finals and won 4 leagues. They did end up taking him back. So they might have learned something from that.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well now he just like the not so Special One will have to wait for a 3rd CL trophy.

It's now either for Ancelotti to win a 4th (!!!) or for the other two to win their 1st.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
He won them the league and brought them to the semis twice in a row. Don't understand how you can get sacked for that.
Not that shit again :lol:
Don't tell me winning the Bundesliga is even an achievement for Pep. This Bayern team is as good as Barca or Madrid and does not deserve to be beaten 7-0 by them. Why keep Pep when any manager can win Bayern the league and take them to the semis every year?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not fully convinced by Pep but have to admit he was unlucky with injuries tonight, even a fully fit tactically spot on Bayern might have struggled with Messi in that form.

saivet

He could learn a thing or two from Mourinho. Sometimes you have to accept the other team is better and will win an open game, then come up with a way to win. He just tries to outplay everyone, which was fine when he was gifted a once in a lifetime squad at Barca.
Neville mentioned it, without, Robben or Ribery, playing on the counter was a hell of a lot more difficult.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
2 league titles in 2 seasons, if that's failure then i'd love it if he fails with us someday.
So you also think winning the league is an achievement for Pep? Its like finishing top 4 for Wenger. It's the bare minimum and both are scraping it.

Bojan11

They sacked Hitzfeld who won the CL, got to two other CL finals and won 4 leagues. They did end up taking him back. So they might have learned something from that.
They sacked him, when they won nothing and Werder Breman won the title on their ground.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Don't tell me winning the Bundesliga is even an achievement for Pep. This Bayern team is as good as Barca or Madrid and does not deserve to be beaten 7-0 by them. Why keep Pep when any manager can win Bayern the league and take them to the semis every year?
I wouldn't call it an achievement to win it at all. But how they dominate the league and win it and how consistent they are is kind of impressive. The Bundesliga is not piss poor by any means. The only league which is without a doubt better is La Liga. And to make it to the CL semis every year is not that bad either, I doubt any manager would do it, we all saw with Moyes what a difference a bad manager can do.
Maybe Bayern will win the 2nd leg 2-0, then it was a close affair overall. I don't think you can really judge the result today with the injuries Bayern having right now. They are missing their 2 best players + Alaba, their midfielders are not really fit and Lewa probably wasn't by 100percent either. Take only Messi out of Barca and we would praise Pep now because they got a draw at Camp Nou.

thepolice123

So you also think winning the league is an achievement for Pep? Its like finishing top 4 for Wenger. It's the bare minimum and both are scraping it.
Right. So he should be winning the treble ever year. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He must be the most bizarrely criticised manager around. He sure is on redcafe.

You all do know he's missing his two best attackers and an important defender? And he played a team with Messi Neymar and Suarez?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
So he has to win the champions league and he gets two years to do it or he is a failure?

They have reached the semis both times and have come up against superior clubs.

RooneyLegend

That's why he's so good and why I want him here. I wouldn't be arsed if we lost like that, it's great to watch. What's the point in playing and watching football if you don't want to emulate the best? You're not going to do it by sitting in your own half all game.
Why do people like extremes so much? Its about picking the times when to press, when to defend deep, with great positional play and then break. Jupp's bayern made a mockery of barca doing just that with 37% possession, bet you the bayern fans enjoyed the 7-1 more than this mare. Not parking the bus and hoping for the best.

Did you watch juve yesterday? Do you think their fans would've enjoyed their team taking gambles and getting spanked?

Don't want pep, as he's going to try to play like this against the big boys and I doubt our team will have the technical gap against the big sides that he used to have at barca.

justboy68

Overreaction. A certain naivety and lack of pragmatism costs him from time to time but I'm not gonna criticise a manager too much for that, as I'm an idealist myself. Bayern could do with being pushed harder in their domestic league however. I think complacency has been a factor in both of their CL campaigns under Pep. Injuries and facing the greatest player of all time were bigger factors tonight though.

Someone

Something
Come off it. Bayern win Bundesliga just by being in it. They're miles better than the rest and just pillage their competitors for their best players.
Yes it's not difficult to win the league, but it's also unrealistic to demand winning the CL or class his time at bayern as failure, this is a competition that we've won only 3 times in our history, and 5 times for bayern, no manager can guarantee it, period.

Bojan11

The champion league is the hardest trophy to win. You need luck with injuries and few lucky decisions to go for you.

Fergie won it twice, so has Jose. I can't believe people on here seem to think Pep should be winning it every year or otherwise its a failure.

prarek

No manager has ever won the CL on successive occasions. What makes people think Heynckes would have won it the second time? Nevermind a new manager coming in with new ideas and a new style.

Single-handedly dismantled a team that on the road to be one of the greatest Heynckes' Bayern.
Eh. The Champions League is a game of fine margins. As good as Heynckes team was they barely got through Arsenal. Take out Robben and Ribery from that team and they wouldn't have won.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yes it's not difficult to win the league, but it's also unrealistic to demand winning the CL or class his time at bayern as failure, this is a competition that we've won only 3 times in our history, and 5 times for bayern, no manager can guarantee it, period.
I'm not even saying he should win it to be considered a success. I'd just like to see some tactical diversity, as if he's actually accounted for any of the oppositions threats. He didn't exactly set up as though he was playing Barca and they could have conceded 3 in the first half alone.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Just ridiculous, subbing off Müller and that's something I will never get. Was he questioned about the logic behind it? He was their best player after Neuer imo and was just about the only source of inspiration (in what little of the ball he managed to see) in Barca's half.

Injuries meant Bayern were never going to win this though and apart from his gung-ho tactical move with 3 at the back in the beginning, which he rectified later, I don't see a whole lot that Guardiola could have differently for this match.