Peterson, Harris, etc....

Chairman Woodie

imagine believing a man who can't handle cider is going to punch a motherfecker
30:18 - Simon Wilson: One of the things you are famous for saying is that you found it difficult to debate with, eh, certain types of women because the normal things you would have recourse to, if you were debating men, are not available to you. And what you mean't was you couldn't hit her.

Jordan Peterson: No, I didn't mean that, I meant [...]. No, I didn't mean that at all. I mean't that it's known among men that there are limits to the manner in which you can interact. And that those limits don't necessarily apply when you are dealing with women, especially women of a certain sort. And there is no way of regulating that, and that's a big problem. That's what I mean't and I think that's true.

(NZ Herald)

caid

What sort of woman do those limits especially not apply to?
He just doesn't like being explicit, theres very few ways you can interpret his clarification other than 'I cant punch uppity women and thats a problem'

caid

Or that someone who doesn't agree is automatically a misogynist
I'm not sure thats true tbh, at least not on redcafe. There was a thread on the referendum on abortion on Ireland a couple years back and most had misgiving about abortion as a subject but saw the choice as important despite it.

Chairman Woodie

what limits, he's obviously talking about punching a fecker
Peterson is saying men have limits. But when those limits are breached the possibility of violence becomes real, and this stops men from becoming uncivilised.

However, when a women breach those same limits, men can't respond in the same way because hitting a woman is forbidden.

The solution, Peterson suggests, is that sane women should intervene. But he accepts the problem with this idea; sane women are too busy living their own lives.

Last edited:

Silva

i repeat my original point, imagine believing he's going to hit someone

it's also amazing he can say men fight each other but and that's a good thing but we need to shut down women who call me a nazi at free speech events without a hint of irony

caid

Peterson is saying men have limits. But when those limits are breached the possibility of violence becomes real, and this stops men from becoming uncivilised.

However, when a women breach those same limits, men can't respond in the same way because hitting a woman is forbidden.

The solution, Peterson suggests, is that sane women should intervene. But he accepts the problem with this idea; sane women are too busy living their own lives.
I think thats bullshit quite frankly. The entire thing, every piece of it. Men don't punch people who insult them, we're often obnoxious pricks without expecting someone to clothesline us any second. Maybe if you're a 3 year old it seems a sensible reaction but no adult thinks 'i'll punch the cnut' is a solution to being insulted ... or anything else.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Every single person I've met that used the term "cultural marxism", when asked to explain what it means, it translates to "let me be a cnut without calling me out on it".

Minimalist

Great day in the battle of ideas. Ben Shapiro, in the end, does care about his feelings by storming off in disgust when his interviewer doesn’t have a clue who he is.

Guess it’s unavoidable when you stop lecturing children and actually talk to an adult.

Eriku

I remember people defending Harris a lot on here, claiming he shouldn't be mentioned alongside the likes of Shapiro and Peterson.
The more Harris talks and rubs shoulders with other "opressed pundits", the more he shows off his biases.

I used to like his take on a lot of things but I’ve lost a ton of respect for him the past few years.

caid

It seems kind of apparent to me that he has a point (made in a stupid manner). Jo Cox was shot, the milkshakes thing doesn't seem entirely divorced from that. The publics reaction to figures of authourity is becoming pretty weird isn't it? Arnold Schwarznegger getting drop kicked. That fans reaction to Paul Pogba at the end of the season. They're all quite odd.

Sweet Square

It seems kind of apparent to me that he has a point (made in a stupid manner). Jo Cox was shot, the milkshakes thing doesn't seem entirely divorced from that. The publics reaction to figures of authourity is becoming pretty weird isn't it? Arnold Schwarznegger getting drop kicked. That fans reaction to Paul Pogba at the end of the season. They're all quite odd.
:lol:

Oh god please don't do this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Did you have trouble drawing a line on Katie Hopkins hypothetical chart too?

hobbers

Somebody throwing a milkshake could inspire someone else to throw some bleach which could inspire someone else to throw a brick... and so on.

So yes it is a slippery slope. Especially if there's milkshake everywhere

caid

Have a word with yourself.
Milkshake is pretty much the most harmless thing you can attack someone with so they're obviously on drastically different ends of the scale. You think they're completely unrelated and have no similarities?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Milkshake is pretty much the most harmless thing you can attack someone with so they're obviously on drastically different ends of the scale. You think they're completely unrelated and have no similarities?
Yes. There's no relation what so ever. It's like saying farting in the lift is related to Auschwitz.

Tarrou

Somebody throwing a milkshake could inspire someone else to throw some bleach which could inspire someone else to throw a brick... and so on.

bollocks you got me

Charlie Foley

:lol::lol::lol::lol: