PFA player of the year 2013

binary bot
Lukaku seems to have gone under the radar a bit in terms of recognition. 14 goals in the league for a 19 year old is a terrific achievement.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
sportingintelligence ‏@sportingintel 3m

Mixture of cheers and boos as Suarez's name read out at part of Premier League team of the season at PFA awards.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Not a surprise Bale has won, he's pretty much singlehandedly dragged Spurs into the top 5.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I honestly didn't see the biting thing as *that* bad. And I thought a 10 game ban was harsh. What was bad though were those ankle stamps he did this season. The one on Distin in the derby was a disgrace.
I agree, but I kind of see the ban as a result of his general scummery.

JP77

I disagree. The fanfare surrounding Michu stems from the fact he cost so little and has vastly exceeded expectations in his first season in the Premier League. That doesn't mean, however, that he deserves a place on either the nominees shortlist nor in the team of the year. Awards are for the best performers, not the best value for money, and Michu has not been better than any of those players selected in my opinion.
Awards are for best performers, spot on, which Michu is. It's got nothing to do with his fee, that's just a massive bonus in all of this. The guy had helped lead Swansea to a trophy in his first season and scored 17 in the league with 2 assists, all while playing for a side that isn't one of the big boys.

He's been outstanding this season and him missing out on even being nominated is ridiculous, however much you try to get around it.

RK

All 3 of those are too old (22 or 23) in my eyes.

I'd give the young player award to Lukaku, an actual young player.
What's Lukaku doing next season? I'd imagine he'll become a first team regular for you, but I don't know a great deal about how he's been playing beyond the 14 league goals.

Wizard Keyaz

Caf's Confucious
To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil
I am sorry but I think the PFA was wrong for naming Bale the winner, what did he do for the team as a whole, I am sorry if one player scores all them goals and achieves nothing trophey wise doesn't deserve it in my books.

However RVP does and so does Carrick for being the STEALTH of United

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I am sorry but I think the PFA was wrong for naming Bale the winner, what did he do for the team as a whole, I am sorry if one player scores all them goals and achieves nothing trophey wise doesn't deserve it in my books.

The award is for the player who has had the best individual season. It was very close this year but how can anyone discredit Bale's individual season, and to some extent Spurs' if they make it into the top 4?

I've said it before but in general terms, he's the most exciting player in the league. He's your 'Fifa' player who has the dribbling ability with his pace and skill, scores crackers for fun and is worth somewhere in the region of 15 points for his team. He's bound to get all these votes.

If RVP had got the votes he'd have deserved it, but just because Bale isn't part of a title winning team doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the award. Should Aguero or Toure won it last year instead of RVP? No chance, because he was the best individual by far last season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Bale's a worthy winner... not sure why anyone would be up in arms about that award to be honest.

If anything we should be happy that 4 of our players got recognised in team of the year... and 4 players who have been a fantastic spine to our team.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Bale's a worthy winner... not sure why anyone would be up in arms about that award to be honest.

If anything we should be happy that 4 of our players got recognised in team of the year... and 4 players who have been a fantastic spine to our team.
Phil Neville called it on last nights Motd.

NotoriousISSY

And the moral victory goes to:

Well done to @luis16suarez, who finished second in the vote for PFA Player of the Year behind Gareth Bale.

NotoriousISSY

@WayneRooney: Congrats to gareth bale on winning both awards tonight. I think. Van persie or suarez should of won it though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And the moral victory goes to:

Well done to @luis16suarez, who finished second in the vote for PFA Player of the Year behind Gareth Bale.
@WayneRooney: Congrats to gareth bale on winning both awards tonight. I think. Van persie or suarez should of won it though.
Players don't seem to mind about Suarez antics, like most think they'd be.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
English football suffered more race-related controversy last night when a comedian at the Professional Footballers’ Association awards ceremony made a succession of offensive jokes.

Several guests complained to senior PFA figures about the after-dinner routine from Reginald D. Hunter, an American comedian, who repeatedly used the N-word at the event at the Grosvenor Hotel, London.

Gordon Taylor, the PFA chief executive, shrugged off Hunter’s use of the N-word, while Jason Roberts, the Reading forward, suggested that the routine had been amusing. Others in the PFA were far less impressed.
(Times)

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Yep, he only started 20 games for West Brom as well so I bet his "minutes to goal" ratio is really good.
I actually did some calculations earlier on in the season which I've just updated with Lukaku included. I've used the stats from Transfermarkt.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
I really don't give a fukk about individual awards. I prefer my club win trophies, or at least one trophy.

But I do take special delight in seeing Bale recognized for his professional accomplishments this season. Even though a blind idiot could see what I saw, but I got the shit beaten out of me here at the beginning of the season for suggesting that Bale was a better footballer than Nani. What were some people thinking...or smoking?

It appears there is no longer any question about who stands above whom.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I honestly didn't see the biting thing as *that* bad. And I thought a 10 game ban was harsh. What was bad though were those ankle stamps he did this season. The one on Distin in the derby was a disgrace.
:lol::lol::lol: Get a load of this guy, fish.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I think the results have been spot on this year. Definately thought Bale was the best performer just ahead of Suarez. Tbh i think Mata's been a bit unfortunate as he's been brilliant this year from what i've seen but there hasn't been that much mention of him out of the 6 in for this award.

roseguy64

The players voted for him. The PFA didn't give it to him just because.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think RVP loss it to Bale because he didn't quite hit the form in 2nd half of season. Bale has been outstanding throughout.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Bale had 3 goals and 0 assists in the league by mid-November.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bale had 3 goals and 0 assists in the league by mid-November.
People always tend to forget poor first halfs if they have great second halfs of the season. Bale did nothing until he had a really good run of form around December or January time, and has been excellent since then. But you can't ignore the first 4 or 5 months of the season. Same thing happened with Valencia last season.

lysglimt

Scout
I guess we can all agree it was a worthy winner if Bale signs for us in he summer - if not it shoud have been Carrick for me :)

No seriously...I just find it ridiculous that you can't win these award without being an attacking player.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's possible to win these awards as a defensive player, Cannavaro won player of the year in '06 didn't he?

Anyway, Bale will join United eventually, mark my words.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think RVP and Suarez were more deserving. Bale has been brilliant but the former two are better all round players IMO.

Zen

I never understand this YPOTY thing......it's needs to be altered a bit. Why did Bale win POTY but YPOTY last time, same with Ronaldo his second time and Rooney?

Why are they even allowed to be nominated for it(ok I know the answer here, age 24 yada yada yada), but like I said, should be slightly refined as a breakthrough award, not for something who's proven it before and has played for like 6 years now. 2010 was the worst year when you had Cesc, Milner, and Rooney all nominated in it despite having like 1000 games between them at that point -_-

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I just realized Bale has won this twice. When was the first time!?!