g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PGA and European Tour Golf 2016

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
They normally do, usually US in June, The Open in July and USPGA in September, but the Ryder Cup is in America this year and in September so I think they have moved the USPGA back a little.
PGA is generally mid August isn't it? But yeah, I think it's moved forward a week or two this year.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
They normally do, usually US in June, The Open in July and USPGA in September, but the Ryder Cup is in America this year and in September so I think they have moved the USPGA back a little.
As long as that effing UPS advert isn't in every tournament, I guess I can live it. They'll clash with the euros though I suppose?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
PGA is generally mid August isn't it? But yeah, I think it's moved forward a week or two this year.
Yeah August and Ryder cup in September.

As long as that effing UPS advert isn't in every tournament, I guess I can live it. They'll clash with the euros though I suppose?
Hmmm not sure. Completely forgot about all that malarkey.

Tarrou

I've backed Bubba outright, with e/w's on Snedeker, Koepka, and Willett. And done 20 entries to the DraftKings millionaire maker. I'd better bloody hit something!
Bink! 50 e/w at 67/1

Was getting on a flight just as spieth had his meltdown... Hour long sweat then waiting for wifi to work!

langster

Scout
Harbour Town!

Love this course. Beautiful links course, although it's kind of half links half woodland. Looks real fun to play, especially when the wind kicks up a bit.

sallycinnamin

Well done Branden Grace backed @ Harbour Town and took him @ 16/1 this morning.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's worth read all the way through, mate. For all Woods' personal flaws, my overriding feeling on reading it was sadness for Tiger the man (rather than the obvious feeling of being sorry for the decline of his talent.)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's worth read all the way through, mate. For all Woods' personal flaws, my overriding feeling on reading it was sadness for Tiger the man (rather than the obvious feeling of being sorry for the decline of his talent.)
I've read the first act, it's definitely insightful. I've always liked him and felt losing his dad fecked him up, it's such a shame the way it went for him in the end.

langster

Scout
A really interesting and poignant article about Tiger Woods and his recent life on & off-course:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...-life-unraveled-years-father-earl-woods-death
I echo Rado's thanks Steve. Thanks for posting it's a great read. I feel the same, and it's no secret I'm a big fan of Tiger, and like a few of us here, would love for him to come back and win a couple more majors. Although that's highly unlikely, stranger things have happened. Leicester winning the Premier League for instance.

langster

Scout
Missed last night but it must have been amazing as Jason Day shot 9 under! Amazing round. Shaping up to be another awesome Sawgrass weekend. :)

langster

Scout
How's it been @langster?

I heard something about them all bitching about the greens yesterday?
I've only been half watching mate, gutted really. I missed Thursday where Jason Day had a stormer and shot -9, they didn't show Rory's -8 on Friday so I turned over in protest and kept flicking between it and something else, and last night I was only half watching as the Eurovision thread was hilarious and Jason Day has had this wrapped up since day one. It's been his to lose really.

Shame as it's my favourite course, but Day owned day one and day two everyone caught up but each time he has just pulled away again. So to answer your question, it's been OK, but nothing like it usually is for some reason.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've only been half watching mate, gutted really. I missed Thursday where Jason Day had a stormer and shot -9, they didn't show Rory's -8 on Friday so I turned over in protest and kept flicking between it and something else, and last night I was only half watching as the Eurovision thread was hilarious and Jason Day has had this wrapped up since day one. It's been his to lose really.

Shame as it's my favourite course, but Day owned day one and day two everyone caught up but each time he has just pulled away again. So to answer your question, it's been OK, but nothing like it usually is for some reason.
Makes me feel better about missing it all!!

langster

Scout
Makes me feel better about missing it all!!
Yeah, I haven't missed a TPC for over 20 years and this has definitely been the least memorable, aside from Day's -9 on day one that I missed and Rory's -8 Friday that they didn't show :lol:

Also, I saw Big Phil miss 5 greens on Friday each one with a wedge and from under 90 yards, so you know something isn't right when that shit happens. He even drove his 3 wood in to the water as it went 50 yards off line. Wtf is that shit? :houllier:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yeah, I haven't missed a TPC for over 20 years and this has definitely been the least memorable, aside from Day's -9 on day one that I missed and Rory's -8 Friday that they didn't show :lol:

Also, I saw Big Phil miss 5 greens on Friday each one with a wedge and from under 90 yards, so you know something isn't right when that shit happens. He even drove his 3 wood in to the water as it went 50 yards off line. Wtf is that shit? :houllier:
I'm actually glad I didn't see that!

langster

Scout
I'm actually glad I didn't see that!
It wasn't good. The same as it wasn't good watching defending champ Fowler miss the cut. It's been an odd tournament for sure.

Day melting down?
Of course, I just Noonaned him saying he has had it wrapped up since day one. FFS! FML!

Last edited:

langster

Scout
Yea he's back, first birdie of the day, he'll probably birdie all the rest now.
Reverse psychology ;)

Lovely finish from McDowell, he plays some lovely golf when he's on his game. Can't believe Rory is BOTTOM! for putting this week yet finishes on -7. Insane. If he could putt properly he would be like Tiger and be pretty much unstoppable. Only Day and Spieth have even a hope of beating him. If he gets his putting sorted out I worry for everyone else. Scary thought.

langster

Scout
This shit is getting stupid now. 280 yards with a fecking iron! Seriously what the hell? Day hit a 5 iron 254 earlier, I reckon if he hit his 2 iron sweet he could get 310+ it's not right. :houllier:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@langster you watched any of the Irish Open?

Just heard that the only person to win the Masters and this in the same year was Seve, would be cool for Willett to join him.

I was just gonna bump this thread to say I love how he always says 'we' when he's talking about his game and now the commentators are going on about it too :lol:

langster

Scout
I was just gonna bump this thread to say I love how he always says 'we' when he's talking about his game and now the commentators are going on about it too :lol:
:lol: It's not just him, all golfers seem to talk like that. Strange really. Just turning over to it now, haven't been watching it :(

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: It's not just him, all golfers seem to talk like that. Strange really. Just turning over to it now, haven't been watching it :(
It's even when analysing his game though, 'we need to make a few more putts', 'we've been striking the ball quite well' etc, I like it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
? Missed that, just turned over to see Rory hit a beauty between Willet and someone else's ball on the green.

Why are they playing 3 balls on the final day?
Willett flew through the green and into the crowd but fortunately hit someone's brolly.

Rain stopped play yesterday, Rory and a few others had to play their closing 3 or 4 holes this morning so I imagine it's a time constraint.