Phil Jones | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaeilge

He would like to remain a centre back and many (if not most of the caf) would also prefer to see him there. Personally, I think some (if not most) of his displays in CM, would put the majority of defensive midfielders to shame.

His bursting runs and ball carrying is something that no othet CM in our team possess at this time. Sure, he is a bit rough around certain edges right now, but, this is only natural. We looked completely exposed without him in the team again and I genuinely belive this fella could go on to do wonderful things as a defensive midfielder.

Smalling and Evans at the back, with himself infront please.

jim

In most joy
I just feel that this growing idea about him being in there because of a lack of quality is flawed. He is quality at CM and something that should defo be used to our obvious advantage.

Growing? I would say it's declining, if anything. He was part of some really dreadful midfield duos last season and I'm fairly confident that was because we had nobody else. At least this season he should have decent competition from Fletcher/Fellaini.

Gaeilge

Growing? I would say it's declining, if anything. He was part of some really dreadful midfield duos last season and I'm fairly confident that was because we had nobody else. At least this season he should have decent competition from Fletcher/Fellaini.

Last season is completely irrelevant though. What matters is the present and at this moment, I think he is looking brilliant in midfield. Hard to tell if Fletch will manage to regain some of his old fire but we live in hope. I suppose in some distant relation to this statement, we can also live in hope for Fellaini. As long as he can continue in the same vein as he is, I will be more than happy.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Last season is completely irrelevant though. What matters is the present and at this moment, I think he is looking brilliant in midfield. Hard to tell if Fletch will manage to regain some of his old fire but we live in hope. I suppose in some distant relation to this statement, we can also live in hope for Fellaini. As long as he can continue in the same vein as he is, I will be more than happy.
Brilliant is a far stretch but he's been good - certainly better than what we've seen last season which was pretty poor

jim

In most joy

If you say something is "growing", that means you think it's changing, so the past is totally relevant to your statement.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He should be played in whatever position the coaching staff think will be his best. If that's CM than so be it. I haven't seen anything to suggest that they've changed their mind about him being a CB in the future though, so until they do we have to assume he's only in cm because of our obvious lack of quality.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I think he should be playing where he wants to play on the day. He is that good
Agreed. If they make a decision quickly, and then let him grow (even more) into the role, he'll improve so much more. He's a fantastic player, and needs a run of consistency to improve further. Personally, I'd prefer him in CB, but that's just my opinion.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I miss you Phil. Get back soon. We need some power back in the team.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I just feel that this growing idea about him being in there because of a lack of quality is flawed. He is quality at CM and something that should defo be used to our obvious advantage.
Well it is true nevertheless. He was not signed up to be a CM/DM and if we had quality in that area, we would not have seen Jones this much in the middle. Still, he brings the physicality, tenacity and a certain spirited doggedness to the midfield that the rest of pansies lack.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
In these trying times we need two Phil Jones threads on the front page. Also, Phil Jones (GHE) is reportedly back and fit for tomorrow's match. He must play and save us. There is no other hope - but what a hope it is!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Phil Jones. Jones Phil. Phil Jones. Jones Phil. Phil Jones. Jones Phil. Phil Jones. Jones Phil. Phil Jones. Jones Phil.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any new's when this demigod is back? we have missed him big time.

DFreshKing

Phil is not defined by a position, where ever he chooses to stand is his position.

He shuns positional boundaries in same way he shuns reality.

Phil Jones help us, for Phil Jones sake.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
To whom ever renamed the thread title. Have a little think about what you've done. You are singularly responsible for his injury and our bad results. The name Jonah is the ultimate jinx word. It's is the harbinger of bad fortune.

I hope you're happy.

Skywarden

And lo, it was told that on the 11th day of year two, circle, drawn line and a mast, the world would witness the ascension of the One, not The One, with a fiery presence to guide the devil's army into battle.

The World calls upon thee, Jonah!

LR7

About to emerge from the belly of the whale to save our season?
:drool:

Seriously though, I can't wait for him to come back. We had some good performances with him in the middle whether it was next to Giggs or Cleverley. If Carrick's form picks up they could be a really solid pairing. I'd like that Carrick wouldn't be the one playing deepest so would be able to play those forward balls in more dangerous areas.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
when is he due back.
rvp rooney carrick jones rafael : we need to have these fit for all the main games this season.
I feel fellaini returning will also be a boost. He had a good last game(against everton)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A returning Phil Jones is about to be subbed on at the 60th minute, standing on the touchline with Chelsea's new £21M man Matic.

Just as his number is shown on the board, he offer's Matic a handshake, offering him the best of luck. Matic accepts, and then suddenly has his hand crushed by Jones bionic hand grip. As he kneels staggered in pain, Jones whispers "1 PHIL JONES, THEIRS ONLY 1 PHIL JONES". He calmly walks onto the pitch, and manages to score an overhead kick with his first touch from the half way line.

The prophet returneth.

LR7

moyes spoke of rooney rvp and fellaini during the presser. any update on jones?
A bit vague but:
"Jonny Evans has had a problem with his back and Phil Jones has had a problem with his knee. He's getting close to being available. Young's injury was from the challenge against Tottenham that we wanted a penalty kick for, but it's beginning to look as if he could be available and ready as well. We're beginning to get a few people back."
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ni-close-to-return-after-wrist-operation.aspx

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Jonesy being back would be a huge bonus to say the least, as tomorrow is going to be a real backs against the wall job.

How many of us would fancy it with a full team in form!

Status
Not open for further replies.