5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is an accident waiting to happen I feel uncomfortable watching him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think he has absolutely everything you need in a top class centre back but the number of brain farts he makes, particularly in big games, is absolutely ridiculous. I'm now losing faith in his ability to iron those out of his game.

Devil may care

Some quality moments and some dodgy ones which is standard Jones, he's nothing if not entertaining.

Skills

Snitch
I love how terrified he is at the thought of giving away a chance. Crawls, swims, throws his head at the ball and does whatever it takes to stop it from happening. Brilliant.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Throughout all the madness Arsenal did not create a lot of good chances. He is going to make you scratch your head at times but, almost any good CB partnership needs a defender who plays with a bit of recklessness. Who will do anything to put out fires. Jones is that guy.

FromTheBench

I think he has absolutely everything you need in a top class centre back but the number of brain farts he makes, particularly in big games, is absolutely ridiculous. I'm now losing faith in his ability to iron those out of his game.
He is 22 which is very young in defender terms. Even Rio didn't Iron out these kind of errors till much later.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He is 22 which is very young in defender terms. Even Rio didn't Iron out these kind of errors till much later.
Absolutely, but he also didn't make them with the frequency Jones did. More importantly he got consistent gametime from a very young age which allowed him to iron out those errors. Jones' injuries are preventing him from doing that.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Vidic is laughing somewhere.

Love Jonsey. People forget his age. He will be a top defender in time.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He played well. Only brainfart was that stumble which ended up in him tackling Giroud with his face. Backpass fiasco was all De Gea's fault. He's a good defender and we're much harder to score against with him in central defence than we are without him. Still very young for a CB too. Think he can go on to be a top player for us. Definitely improved this season. Good to see.

Stadjer

He played well. Only brainfart was that stumble which ended up in him tackling Giroud with his face. Backpass fiasco was all De Gea's fault. He's a good defender and we're much harder to score against with him in central defence than we are without him. Still very young for a CB too. Think he can go on to be a top player for us. Definitely improved this season. Good to see.
I agree. Sometimes he lacks a bit of a brain but that will improve with time (i hope). The only thing that can stop Phil Jones to become a class CB are his injuries.

Fergie loved him and Fergie hasnt been wrong about defenders very often so i still have high hopes for Jones.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
100% commitment and effort. He has an amazing attitude and i have faith in him to become a good centre back like Lucio as he ages.

rover

really a good lad. can't ask more of his fighting spirit. it's about time for him to replace his baby fat by pure muscles. weight training and diet maybe the keys. hope he can become a complete mature player in two years time

Dr Fink

Jones or "Car Crash" as I affectionately call him, can be a liability, especially more recently. His "nick of time" defending is all due to bad timing and positioning. I did used to think he would partner Smalling regularly, but now I think differently. Slightly better than Evans. We need a quality CB to play with Smalling.

mu77

still not convinced by him but he does try to cover his shit. like a cat i guess. keep him sell evans

Skills

Snitch
I think we're much better when Smalling's the aggressor and Jones is covering, as weird as that may sound considering their styles.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's a total bomb scare. There was one moment in the first half where he was positioned at left centre back, had the ball at his feet, and he passed it diagonally, towards where Herrera or Blind may have been. But they weren't there. So he chased the ball down (the ball that he had passed - to no one!) and then passed it back to Smalling. I genuinely can't remember ever seeing a player pass the ball to himself, until yesterday. History has been made.

I still love that maniac though.

ZDwyr

I am starting to like him more and more for some reason. I keep forgetting how young he actually is, seems like he has been around forever. I would probably have Smalling partner a new CB, but would definitely keep Jones as the 3rd CB.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
How distant a memory the start of the season is. Feels like years ago he was charging about making last ditch blocks covering for Evans and Blackett against Swansea and Sunderland?

Classical Mechanic

He's a total bomb scare. There was one moment in the first half where he was positioned at left centre back, had the ball at his feet, and he passed it diagonally, towards where Herrera or Blind may have been. But they weren't there. So he chased the ball down (the ball that he had passed - to no one!) and then passed it back to Smalling. I genuinely can't remember ever seeing a player pass the ball to himself, until yesterday. History has been made.

I still love that maniac though.
Yes I remember that. Blind disappeared on him though. It was bloody funny like.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Thing is, he gets the job done more often than not even if it is a case of 99% of the journey being as bad as possible.

Surely he's on his way to 4th choice after the summer? Behind Smalling, Rojo and the expected CB transfer.

He's also got an eventual Phil Jagielka Everton replacement written all over him at some stage in his career at the moment.

And yet his antics, him as a person and even somehow that face is likeable throughout it all.

surf

I prefer him to Rojo or Evans at centre back. Next season is his turn to make a big improvement, like Smalling has this season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He just needs to control how aggressive he is as a central defender and not ruin our defensive shape, and I think he'll be perfect to start for us regularly, though that's a tough ask especially with many defenders nowadays being overaggressive in their game.

He has all of the tools of a great central defender. He just needs them to be refined, and so far, his skills are being more refined with progress being made. He hasn't stalled in his progressive for some time under van Gaal, so I do think that he'll eventually make things difficult when van Gaal selects his right central defender.

Skills

Snitch
He's better than Rojo. If it weren't for fitness issues for both of them, I'd be perfectly happy with him partnering Smalling at the back next season.