Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

yfoFC

Miracle that he may return healthy
Came in here to post just this

He played for his country, they got six points, he came back unscathed, he'll start at the weekend and then get a forced rest during the week (CL ban et all)... everyone is satisfied

SATA

Dare i say he's better than Bailly at the moment, and probably will be for the rest of their respective careers and i rate Bailly when saying this. Jones just has to stay fit and he can be one of United's greatest signings ever

Painer

The boom bust cycle of Phil Jones' United career. On talent and potential he can be the best English centre half, he has all the tools. Just praying...if he can keep fit the majority of the season then we're laughing.

AgentP

Since he joined United, he has had a minimum of two major injuries(out for a month or more) and a few minor injuries every season without fail. It's a miracle that he can play at such a high level despite his body suffering so many injuries. He is just 25, a year older than Lingard. But it looks like he has been playing for a long time and has been injured for an even longer time. If Jose can somehow get Jones through a whole season without any major injuries, that will be the greatest achievement of his career :p

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Dare i say he's better than Bailly at the moment, and probably will be for the rest of their respective careers and i rate Bailly when saying this. Jones just has to stay fit and he can be one of United's greatest signings ever
I'm not sure about that.

Bailly is very young, and we have only seen him play one full season in English football, and one season in La Liga. We really don't know much about him yet and he's got a lot of time to improve and hone his game. For me, it's impossible to say where Bailly will end up in terms of quality.

We know a lot more about Jones, and the one thing truly holding him back is injuries. It doesn't seem likely he's going to all of a sudden become resilient and be able to play 40+ games a season, but I hope I am wrong.

I definitely don't agree with the last sentence. He still has some way to go to even be considered remotely close to Ferdinand, Vidic and Stam. All three were candidates for being the best centre backs in world football at the time they played for us, and will be considered among the club's best ever signings, especially Vidic given the price and his relative obscurity. I rate Jones and I really want him to succeed, but can you really say he's going to be the best defender on earth? I don't see it.

AP88

Supports
Man City
I'm not sure about that.

Bailly is very young, and we have only seen him play one full season in English football, and one season in La Liga. We really don't know much about him yet and he's got a lot of time to improve and hone his game. For me, it's impossible to say where Bailly will end up in terms of quality.

We know a lot more about Jones, and the one thing truly holding him back is injuries. It doesn't seem likely he's going to all of a sudden become resilient and be able to play 40+ games a season, but I hope I am wrong.

I definitely don't agree with the last sentence. He still has some way to go to even be considered remotely close to Ferdinand, Vidic and Stam. All three were candidates for being the best centre backs in world football at the time they played for us, and will be considered among the club's best ever signings, especially Vidic given the price and his relative obscurity. I rate Jones and I really want him to succeed, but can you really say he's going to be the best defender on earth? I don't see it.
MmjBailly reminds me a lot of Kolo Toure in his first few seasons at Arsenal; not a slight on him, but he's very rash and needs to tone that down to really complete his game.

Jones for me reads the game so much better, and working with Jose has definitely seen him adopt a more calculated approach to when to attack the ball and when to sweep up.

Had some aggro for echoing Capello's early Baresi comparison, but I genuinely see a lot of similarities in both players. Franco was rugged yet refined, and this version of Jones projects that.

Minimalist

That's fecking criminal defending. You'd crucify a striker falling over like that never mind a centre back.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He'll always feck you up. Not good enough.

El Zoido

Thought he'd been fine today but that was a huge mistake. Not sure what he was doing, whether he was playing for a foul or what I don't know.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Just when you thought he's stepping up a crucial moment comes and he lets you down.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It was hardly a calamitous error. He's otherwise been our best defender again. The over reactions are amusing

Stadjer

He looked like a clown falling over on his ass... he has been good this season so far though

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Bit unlucky as for about 99% of matches so far this season he's looked excellent. But that moment has cost us the points today.

Eddy_JukeZ

Was good all game and season and then does that after a fantastic DDG save.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Him and Bailly cost us the two points today. None of the other players particularly played bad but they were awful for both of the goals.

NYAS

I blame him for this draw. What is he, a piece of wet tissue paper? That weakness was disgusting.

Minimalist

Don't know what counts as calamitous but we're allowed to point out that he cost us a goal by falling over like a plank. I'm not interested in how 'humorous' it was.

3KDré

A bad day for both him and Bailly. It happens but sometimes you need your attack to bail you out and they didn't do that today.

Dir Wangem

This is why I don't rate him. He's been good when he's had very little to do, but when faced with a proper challenge he has quite a few mistakes like this in him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Never trust Jones on defending crosses. That Giroud one springs to mind.

el3mel

Blamed heavily for their second goal and he looked shaky as hell just as his partner.

AXVnee7

He was generally decent, but poor for the goal. Having said that all our defence wasn't exactly great today so I won't single him out other than that 1 moment for their 2nd goal.

Strats

A bad day for both him and Bailly. It happens but sometimes you need your attack to bail you out and they didn't do that today.
Two goals away to Stoke should do the job. This isn't on the attack even if we could have done better attacking wise. Bailly and Jones both gave this away.

AP88

Supports
Man City
It was hardly a calamitous error. He's otherwise been our best defender again. The over reactions are amusing
Big error, but it happens to every defender, even some of the greats. Difference is the Youtube generation are only exposed to the good bits.

He's more of a sweeper than a brute, that's why Smalling is the perfect foil for him. He'd have dealt with that unit up front a lot better than Phil and Bailly, and Jose has to take responsibility not selecting accordingly.

Let's not pretend one error is enough to undo the progress he's made this season.

3KDré

Two goals away to Stoke should do the job. This isn't on the attack even if we could have done better attacking wise. Bailly and Jones both gave this away.
Either way I am not that fussed. Stoke Away can be a tough fixture for anyone in the league.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Him and Bailly cost us 2 points. He was solid for most of the game but a lapse in concentration ruined it.

Status
Not open for further replies.