Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

I'm a natural skeptic of Jones - don't trust him.

That said, he's been excellent since the start of this season and I really can't complain about anything.

I want to see him do this for a season consistently. No big injuries would help.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I'm a natural skeptic of Jones - don't trust him.

That said, he's been excellent since the start of this season and I really can't complain about anything.

I want to see him do this for a season consistently. No big injuries would help.
I've always been critical as well. But when he's been healthy he's forced himself into the team, and not only this season.

That says a lot.

dbs235

I want him in the England team but if he's carrying an injury it would make far more sense to give him some rest over this break. He's no use to United or England if this injury gets aggravated further.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I suspected he had a problem when he didn't show up in one of the training sessions last week. Apparently, he's complaining about his ankle. Even so, it's incredible he made it Man of the Match while injured. Hope England doesn't ruin his United career again.

AndyJ1985

Keep him locked in a padded cage and only let him out to shit and play 90 minutes of football a week.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I'd say this is Jose protecting his player. He could have a slight injury, but Jose needs to be smart here. Jones is playing brilliantly and needs the fitness of a few months to get himself solid. Jose would be wise to exaggerate an injury to keep Jones fresh until he's been injury free for a few months. Either way, I'm chuffed at how well Jones has been playing. He looks immense as of late.

ThanksBoss26

I'd say this is Jose protecting his player. He could have a slight injury, but Jose needs to be smart here. Jones is playing brilliantly and needs the fitness of a few months to get himself solid. Jose would be wise to exaggerate an injury to keep Jones fresh until he's been injury free for a few months. Either way, I'm chuffed at how well Jones has been playing. He looks immense as of late.
Spot on.

SATA

To be injured and not training much and putting in that kind of performance at the weekend says alot about his qualities. He's great

Think Jose should only play him in the league and CL knockout games. We have adequate cover of defenders for the CL group and domestic cup games

red_devil83

He should retire from England and just do what Ledley King did - play brilliantly but not train. :)

InfiniteBoredom

Southgate and his England staff can feck off.

The guy had a horrid time with injuries, now he is managing it and playing at a good level and they had to drag him to meaningless international games. It's not like they can't qualify without him given the piss easy group they have.

Jose won't be happy with this after he's made it as clear as can be he doesn't want Phil playing.

Z_Wolf

Saw a tweet saying he's ruled out of England's next match. Has he picked up the annual injury that usually sidelines him for the remainder of a season again?

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Saw a tweet saying he's ruled out of England's next match. Has he picked up the annual injury that usually sidelines him for the remainder of a season again?
He picked up an ankle injury in the opening game of the season and still hasn't shaken it off, I think we were hoping he'd could have the international to rest up, but from what I've read - looks like he'll be involved in both games.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
England should have given him this period to rest, given his injury record, then benefit from him being available closer to the World Cup. I'm sure they've done that with other players in the past.

LeftyBlaster

Southgate and his England staff can feck off.

The guy had a horrid time with injuries, now he is managing it and playing at a good level and they had to drag him to meaningless international games. It's not like they can't qualify without him given the piss easy group they have.

Jose won't be happy with this after he's made it as clear as can be he doesn't want Phil playing.
Agree. Just leave him alone.

RedCurry

It's tough but he needs to retire from international football at least temporarily.

AgentP

Southgate has so many defenders to choose from. He knows Jones is susceptible to injury and needs to be used carefully. It's also in his benefit to keep Jones fit. He could have just called up Jones and told him that he was in his long term plan but was giving him some time to recover from his injuries. That way, everyone's happy.

SirAF

Ageist
Gutted he is starting tonight. Should not risk getting injured for bloody England.

yfoFC

Seems he came back unscathed today but by the gods, he really shouldn't play the next game especially not the whole 90

That being said, how did he perform today?

yfoFC

Didn't watch but probably not much to do since they won 4-0.

Well didn't he still did look good in our 4-0 wins earlier this season :smirk:

Just makes me more mad at Southgate for playing him to be honest but this must be great for the lad.. starter for both club and country, must be nice

InfiniteBoredom

Well didn't he still did look good in our 4-0 wins earlier this season :smirk:

Just makes me more mad at Southgate for playing him to be honest but this must be great for the lad.. starter for both club and country, must be nice
Malta has yet to win a game and only scored 2 goals in 7 matches, not really comparable to Premier League teams.

These kinds of international match tend to be dull affair but players from these smaller nations often compensate their lack of technique with physicality, hence the injuries.

Impulse

Had almost nothing to do, was basically just recycling possession all night. Had a goal ruled out for what I think was a foul on the keeper which seemed harsh but I didn't see the replay.

Obiorahking_

I know it would be stupid and unethical to keep someone from playing from their country, but it was so easy to forsee this happening.

izec

If only he stayed fit all these years, he would be the rock and leader back there for us.

Dante

Average bang
The only difference between Jones and all the defenders that people consider World Class, is that Jones has been too injury prone to prove his quality over a full season. There's nobody I think is head and shoulders above him. Bailly's not far off, mind you. We're blessed at centreback.

Craig Ward

Easily. Glad he's getting recognition.

I'd rather he never played for England again because we need him fit at United.
You cant deny a player playing International football. Given how much Football Jones has missed, he must be chuffed to bits to start for England.

Massive boost for him

Walters_19_MuFc

How did he play tonight?
He was decent enough. Was up against a very physical player in Nemec, but dealt with him pretty well I'd say.

Only fault was when he got caught under the ball following a cross from Slovakia.

Apart from that, I'd say he was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.