Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagga7

Really good today, even drove forward a few times, flashbacks to his first season with his.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's been great. All our CBs are very good. This is going to be the third season running we concede the least/have the most cleansheets now (or at least be in the top 2).

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Phillip "Duncan" Jones 2017 vs. Christopher "Mike" Smalling 2015 ?

Last edited:

Mindhunter

I absolutely love his passion in the field. Later on in the game, he literally pushed Fellaini to the man he was supposed to mark as he was taking it a bit easy in getting there.

He didn't let Vardy have a sniff today, and also made a few of those blood and sweat runs forward. I actually miss seeing him as a midfielder. Although he is limited with the ball at his feet but his passion and intensity makes me a big fan.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
25 years old
170 games for United

Some people gave up too early. I know he's known for some unorthodox actions, and ridiculous faces, but I can't recall anything where I've considered him to be a shit player. I think the midfield experiments were stupid. Left side of central defence, I've always thought he's been fine.

Stay healthy Philip.

kotha

Dreaded international break.. For some reason I feel he always returns injured after England duty.. That's his starting spot n the english team sorted..

Both him and Bailly have a decent partnership working.. Going to be tough for Smalling or Rojo (when he comes back) to get in,if these two can stay fit..

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good performance. All the coaches he played under rated him highly and played him whenever he was fit. There was also rumour that Van Gaal wanted to play Jones and Blind as CB pair and Jones got injured, Smalling was very good that season. Now looks like he is first choice now.

Can't fault any of this 3 games. Very good performance from both CBs.

Devil may care

He's had a great start to the season, he's toned down the rashness but not lost his front foot style and he's been using the ball well.

OneUnited24

Looking forward to see him in the CL :drool: Just stay fit now!
I think its best we only play Jones once a week. His record with injuries is terrible and i dont think we should over load him.

Play Smalling and Lindelof in the group stages of the UCL

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Suits a big team a lot more than Smalling because of his composure and passing ability. Seems like Jose's made his decision over who he prefers between the two.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Bar that one moment where Mahrez drifted by him in our box he was excellent again.

Devil81

Finally showing me why he was rated so highly. No longer a clumsy fool.

Rake

I think that he always looked great when he actually managed to stay fit for a string of games. Hopefully he doesn't get injured.

Zoo

Best form he has been in with us. Now please just stay fit.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
On the Leister shot on goal where DE Gea had to make the crazy save, was it Jones that left the shooter unmarked?

santeria13

Sublemon
25 years old
170 games for United

Some people gave up too early. I know he's known for some unorthodox actions, and ridiculous faces, but I can't recall anything where I've considered him to be a shit player. I think the midfield experiments were stupid. Left side of central defence, I've always thought he's been fine.

Stay healthy Philip.
This is what excites/impresses me the most with Jones. Most CB's don't reach their full potential until around 28-29 years old

AdnanRED

I don't think the Smalling vs Jones thing is even a thing anymore I wonder what Jose will do once Rojos back because he was solid for us and I know Jose likes Rojo. Have a feeling Smalling might leave before September or in Jan.

SirAF

Ageist
I don't think the Smalling vs Jones thing is even a thing anymore I wonder what Jose will do once Rojos back because he was solid for us and I know Jose likes Rojo. Have a feeling Smalling might leave before September or in Jan.
He's not going to let Smalling leave this window, but if Jones stay fit and Lindelöf can adapt then I feel he'll be on the brink in january.

jem

This is what excites/impresses me the most with Jones. Most CB's don't reach their full potential until around 28-29 years old
Yeah, there is still so much ahead of him (the caveat as usual being his ability to stay on the pitch.) The beautiful thing is that we have backups (or even alternate starters,) in Smalling and Rojo.

togg

Perhaps Fergie was right....he will become one of the best players at United. He's certainly proving me wrong, although I always recognised and loved his club passion.

RedCurry

I've never really rated him but fair play to him, his performances have been immense at the start of the season. Against Leicester he put in a performance I don't think any of CBs are capable of.

Against Leicester, he's easily my MOTM.

Womp

idiot
I don't think there's many people who doubt Jones ability. I have always maintained he's our most gifted defender. His only issue was/is staying fit.

notcool

Supports
a
For me, Rojo and Bailly are similar players. I think it will be Jones and Bailly most games. It's a partnership I can really feel comfortable with; as opposed to Rojo and Bailly, which was just a little bit rash at times.

OldTrevil

Jones has been fantastic since the start of the season, let's all pray he stays fit.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
My brother-in-law was sat in his Phil's box for today's game with Kaya(wife) and his agent plus some other chaps (Alex Stepney came in for 10 mins). There's a lot of hope that his injuries are behind him and he's properly fit for the first time in a very long time. Here's to hoping...

I did ask my brother-in-law to ask his agent if he knew anything about the lemar rumours, he said he will be stopping in Monaco and he wouldn't get many minutes this season at united.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I don't understand why some people seem to think he's only just become good.

He was superb in the first season or two for us, SAF would even use him as an anchored defensive midfielder. Anyone remember the night he looked after Ronaldo at the Bernebeau?

Love him, hope he stays fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.