Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis79

He could have become one of the best defenders if he wasn't made of glass.

marktan

He has one of the worst playing and tackle 'forms' I've ever seen, always seems to do things at an incredibly awkward angle, which given his big body doesn't surprise me he keeps injuring himself. It's similar to singer with bad technique who damage their vocal chords. Today - that play under pressure had his body all over the place, as it was in the subsequent tackle too.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Has he ever had a left quadricep injury before? I don't know if he keeps getting the same injury over and over again or if it's a new thing each time. Don't know which scenario is worse, to be honest.

LARulz

I guess him saying he needs to come off suggests it's a bad one but at the same time, could also mean he's felt a slight injury and not risking it for a longer time out without getting it checked first.

I don't know, I'm just looking for a positive cos it sucks he's injured again as he is very good when he gets a run

binary bot
Is it a wonder he's made of glass when he dives in like that? If he did get injured in that tackle - it's not a surprise, it looked awkward as feck.

Darius_MUFC1991

Barbados, formally Ripon and South London
He has one of the worst playing and tackle 'forms' I've ever seen, always seems to do things at an incredibly awkward angle, which given his big body doesn't surprise me he keeps injuring himself. It's similar to singer with bad technique who damage their vocal chords. Today - that play under pressure had his body all over the place, as it was in the subsequent tackle too.
Been saying this for years. The way he plays football and over commits has got to be behind at least 30% of his injuries that I have seen. A shame really.

AndyJ1985

Around and around in circles we go. It's like groundhog day with this lad.

The Bloody-Nine

Yep. He is so ungainly in the tackle that he injures himself.

Djemba-Djemba

When does his contract run out?

We'd be absolutely mad to give him a new one.

You cannot be paying £150,000 a week or however much he is asking for, for a player who misses at least 3 or 4 months every single season.

Minimalist

He picks up so many knocks. Even when they're not long-term injuries - this is his 6th injury of 2017 alone.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Feel terrible for him, may have the best form of his life.

Hopefully he's back against Spurs.
Something that people are saying 5 seasons now. He is a good player but needs to go because you can't count on him. . It is not bad luck, he is just not for modern football. He will not just be injury free all of a sudden. When he comes back, he will play 5,6 games and got injured again.
It is a pattern that repeats five years now.

ti vu

This is the most frustrating thing about Jones. He plays he is not bad, even very good or even great. But his injury can disrupt us. The most dangerous case is like this when he was subbed off in game which disrupt our defensive plan while forcing & costing defensive sub which could have used toward the end of the game

Ace of Spades

If he can't stay fit then what is the point. He plays a few games well after injury, everyone praises him, then gets injured for a long time again. Rinse and repeat.

BlahRules

Needs to be sold. Reminds of brown just when he gets some form and then Injured again.

Irrational.

Injuries have destroyed the early promise he had. I feel sorry for him, but can only see him going the way of Michael Owen/ Hargreaves/ Saha. Made of the finest china.

Canagel

How long will he be out for? In any case Bailly will be back next week and Rojo the week after that. Can't wait for them to continue the partnership from last season but I really feel sorry for Jones. I think on form he is our best defender; even Fergie saw enough in one game against Blackburn to pay 18 million for him but these injuries have become chronic and they will only become more frequent as he gets older. Signing Lindelof was a mistake as well , we didn't need someone with potential we needed a ready made, experienced world class general like Bonucci for example to slot straight in and rotate the other position depending on form and injuries whilst selling Smalling. The options could've been Bonucci, Bailly, Rojo and Jones and Blind in case of an emergency.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He looked angry and sad on this latest setback. Maybe because he's seeing that 150k/wk contract is flying away.

SATA

His reaction after the injury when he sat down on the pitch he knew he could be out for a considerable long time

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
You should never, ever play a player like him when he's not 100% before a game.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's just a good job we have such an able deputy in Lindelof.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
It's just a good job we have such an able deputy in Lindelof.
We have a homegrown talent in Tuanzebe which has been impressive in every outing so far, and also TFM who we let go on loan.

Any other manager would have utilized those two talents, sadly Mourinho won't.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
When does his contract run out?

We'd be absolutely mad to give him a new one.

You cannot be paying £150,000 a week or however much he is asking for, for a player who misses at least 3 or 4 months every single season.
If he can only play half a season on 150k/wk, it turns into 300k/wk of playing time. Phil Jones on 300k/wk just doesn't sound right to me.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
"Best defender in the league" to "offload as soon as possible" within a week.

This place can be fickle.

el3mel

He looked angry and sad on this latest setback. Maybe because he's seeing that 150k/wk contract is flying away.
He probably knew Lindelof will play instead of him and everything will turn to shite.

ti vu

You should never, ever play a player like him when he's not 100% before a game.
Then you should retire him. He is one of those injury prone who would never stay fit. Plenty of players played when not being 100%. Iniesta, Messi, Puyol... IIRC had played games when they're not 100% fit from time to time.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

Its got nothing to do with fickleness; he is actually a very good defender, but far too injury prone to keep at the club.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

The two sentiments aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, even if they both happen to be wrong in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.