Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 4:0 West Ham

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
No love for his first half performance? He's been good so far. A couple of his tackles have been brilliant.

The Hacker

He's been what you want him to be. Solid. On his feet. Uncomplicated. I'm a critic of his and truly believe it's this season or out for him, so pleased he seems to have done the basics well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
With Jones it's always a case of 'can he have an injury free season?' We know he's a good player. When he's fit he shows it. It's just when the hell's he fit?

Stadjer

He has never been a really bad defender... he is just always injured. Without all those injuries he would be a really good defender now i recon

IrishRedDevil

Injury free he will start many games for us. Got to admire his no-nonsense approach, as long as he doesn't injure himself in the process - viscous circle.

Good half from him. He needs to pass forward more but with Matic and Bailly its ok to pass to them and let them take it forward.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's been great, when fit he's one of our best defenders.
We have a very good set of CB actually. Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Rojo. They're all at least Top 4 quality. It's just a matter of being fit for most of them.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Some of his tackles have been brutal and brilliant. Please stay fit.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Let's give a hand for the player probably no one expected to still be here after these past few years but actually managed to survive most of the players on the chopping block.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Played well. Just waiting for the inevitable injury spell.

Bojan11

Was good. Once Rojo comes back, I think Smalling will be gone.

Nick7

Great today. Strong in defence and stepped forward well. We look very solid when he plays. Him and he brings out the best in Bailly. They're our best centre back pairing.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Was great today. His ability on the ball is underrated. I've always said he's twice the player Smalling is.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He's our best defender. I've said it over and over. The ONLY question mark is fitness. He's got everything. Him and Bailly is the best combination we've had in years.

He was fantastic today.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Let's give a hand for the player probably no one expected to still be here after these past few years but actually managed to survive most of the players on the chopping block.
In fairness, that might be due to him constantly being injured.
I hope to god he can stay injury free this season. If he flops he flops, but it'd be good to be able to fairly judge his ability without the debate over his fitness.

el3mel

I hope he stays away from injuries. I like his pairing with Bailly a lot.

ypsipeos

People have compared him to Duncan Edwards in this forum. We bought him because of his physical presence and ability on the ball.
He certainly has the determination and the aggressiveness of an old school commanding CB.

Everyone cross your fingers him, Matic, Lukaku and Pogba stay fit. If so, we are in for big things this season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Phil just admitted on the US interview that they practiced the setup yesterday that led to Lukaku's second goal.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
In fairness, that might be due to him constantly being injured.
I hope to god he can stay injury free this season. If he flops he flops, but it'd be good to be able to fairly judge his ability without the debate over his fitness.
Good point. Hard to sell a player who is not fit. I guess the great thing about Jones is tho how dependable his performances are every time he comes back from an injury. Like he didn't miss any games at all. Whatever physio can keep this guy out of the sick bay should be paid big money.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Okay, when did he become so good on the ball? Chest control, passing weight, composure...crocked in 3...2...1... :(

Seriously though, best I've seen him years.

Sylar

Same story with Jones, fantastic centre back, but only fit to play 20 games a season
This is it. If he can stay fit, hes a fantastic CB. Just needs to stay fit and have that run (shame about his European suspension).

dogwithabone

Thought he was very competitive when he needed to be but also there was a lot of calmness to his game and a good understanding with Bailly. He needs to finally stay injury free and get 20 odd games in before Christmas and then he can properly be judged.

Status
Not open for further replies.