Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

In a parallel universe his body has held up and he is widely accepted as one of the best defenders in the world. Also entering his 5th year of a trophy laden spell as Utd Captain.

redom

Considering he’s relatively short for a CB he’s flipping brilliant in the air.
Loved that clearing header where he was going back towards our goal and about to get clattered but still got good distance on it, quality defender.

Richrip

Done well tonight......We lack leaders at Utd. I think he can grow personality wise and potentially be a great captain.

Will he ever stay fit though???

Paul_Scholes18

Very good today. Just hope he can stay fit for once. We will need to manage him. I think against West Brom we can need him particular without Pogba. After that I would give him 2 games rest to get ready for some more difficult games.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His passing was very good, defensively he was as usual which is superb.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What a game today. His season is the best from a CB since we saw the prime Vidic-Rio pairing.

Walters_19_MuFc

I always say the same thing, but only if this guy was consistently fit. Such a fantastic defender, who just loves to defend. Played a few fantastic balls today too.

Only downer was that he got a bit too tight to Wilson on a couple of times and got turned. However, he did show great recovery to win the ball back.

Just wish he had a young Rio next to him.

Art

Art the artist
That crossfield pass to Luke Shaw :drool:

Defending is in his blood. Our best defender this season by far.

POF

This has been his best season at the club by a long way. I had no idea he could be this good defensively and he is developing into a real leader. He just needs to stay fit . . .

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
There's absolutely no doubt he's a cracking defender.

By all means criticise his injury record, but if it wasn't for that, he'd get into any team in the league right now.

MittenCrab

Considering he’s relatively short for a CB he’s flipping brilliant in the air.
Where does this idea that Jones is a defensive midget come from?!

Look at any pre-match team lineup and you'll see Jones straddling the middle ground between the 6ft 1in Rojo and the 6ft 3-4in Zlatan/Pogba/Smalling/Fellaini, which would put him in the region of 6ft 2in tall. How is this 'relatively short for a CB'? He's the same height as Vidic FFS!

What on earth does that make Blind?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
When we're stretched and the opposition are on the attack, he has become the defender I trust most to break up/cover and potential threat. Please stay fit now! I've always been a little dubious of those who profess he's one of the most talented defenders in the league given his limited playing time - but the more I see him, the more I'm willing to believe it.

Ephrem

I got a lot of bash last season for saying that Jones will becomes Jose's main man in defense if he can stay fit. Glad to see people are seeing his qualities.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is rated very highly by all the managers. Whenever he is sit, he starts most of the games. Can't say they are wrong as he is superb defensively. Also some of the passes, especially the one to Shaw was just superb.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he was excellent vs Bournemouth. We've got him to thank for the clean sheet just as much as De Gea.

kundalini

What a 2nd half ! Fell over. Headed the ball up in the air. Cleared the ball up in the air. Cleared Barry's shot late on. Almost a one man effort to invite pressure.

Loublaze

ATLien
Fantastic. Prepared to put his body on the line all the time. Another good performance from Jonesy.
He doesn't have to do it as much as he does. Its probably why he can't stay fit for a sustained period of time. His bravery exceeds what his body can handle

Minimalist

He might not have reached Vardy but his lack of effort to get back is pretty disgusting to watch.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He was never going to catch Vardy anyway but my problem with him for that goal is what the feck is doing so far up the pitch to win a tackle against Vardy?

Defending 101 when you're playing against a pace merchant you don't get too tight to him never mind in his own half!

buckooo1978

can only put that down to a massive misjudgement on Jones part..... comical defending

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
At the moment everything he does is last ditch, off balance and desperate. Always looks on the brink of an error.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yes, definitely should have shown more effort. Normally does, though, to be honest.

Probably assumed De Gea or Smalling would have got it.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I don’t think it was a lack of effort, more a lack of quick thinking and inexplicably failing to spot the danger.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He might not have reached Vardy but his lack of effort to get back is pretty disgusting to watch.
Yup, he got turned by Vardy but he only jogged for the first few seconds while Vardy was running (not even sprinting). Meanwhile Young and Lindelof who were pointing the right direction and looking directly at Vardy both jog back too. Granted they're on the wings but ffs. Neither of them bothered to go for him. It's all 3 of them at fault frankly. Jones has this weakness where he thinks he can tackle players higher up the pitch, gets skinned and then leaves a giant hole in defense.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Him, Young and Lindelof were all a disgrace for the goal. None of them even tried to match Vardy.

kthanksbye

How does a professional PL defender not know that's it's a good idea to stay goal side of Vardy.
As soon as Vardy plays that ball behind, Jones has to break his neck to get back alongside Smalling, Vardy didn't even start sprinting immediately, he jogged for a while and sprinted only when Mahrez took the ball to his left foot. I'm sure Jones would've reached his position had he not been stupid.

Looking at the replay he probably thought Mahrez is going to beat Smalling and score.

Status
Not open for further replies.