Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryHunter07

Surely Jones just listens to actual Doctors. If they say he’s ok he’s learnt from Mr Mourinho to play through the pain. Can’t turn around now and complain about his new mentality
Fair point, Jose made a big thing about people playing through the pain.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Surely Jones just listens to actual Doctors. If they say he’s ok he’s learnt from Mr Mourinho to play through the pain. Can’t turn around now and complain about his new mentality
That's true, it is hypocritical of Jose after what he said previously. However I doubt he told anyone at United to play through the pain and shot them up with needles in pre-season.

el3mel

Jose himself mentioned in the quotes he had players injected to play matches, his point is it shouldn't happen for a friendly, a fecking meaningless friendly.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Taking jabs to play in a friendly.
Jones and Southgate don't have a brain between them.
That sums it up, for me.
The player may tell the medical staff to keep injecting, but it's up to the medical staff, at some point, to say, "no".
The medical staff for England should've known better. In fact, would this not be a disciplinary issue for the medical staff?
And if Southgate knew what was going on, then he also deserves to get flack for this.
If I did something bad, which was unprecedented, I'd probably get the sack!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Yes playing through pain in important matches, not through friendlies that don't matter.
Indeed.
I think for joe public, the best analogy would be: if you have an important exam at school or an important event at work, you'd attend, even if you had the flu or severe cold. You'd take medication to push past the pain barrier.
If however, it's a regular day at school or work, you stay at home, and rest.

I also checked the line-ups and I think that the only player from Spurs who started was Dier.
Perhaps this is a case of Jose, discussing with his players that when they play friendlies, they need to inform Southgate that they are not feeling 100% and do not want to risk aggravating an existing injury.
In the case of Jones, this would not be a lie. He was clearly injured and not able to play without injections.

superdry

touched by a genius
There's a time to carry your knocks and there's time to lick your wounds. I reckon they must have administered the numbing jabs via his head!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Jose confirm we were not informed about the injections.
What a shitshow.

prtk0811

He must adopt a healthy lifestyle and eat way better in a scientific manner to get over his constant niggling injury problems. The main cause of sports injuries are lack of dicipline and lack of in the body flexibility.

cyberman

He takes 6 injections to play in a meaningless friendly (without informing the club) and now misses the most important run of games in our season.
Phil is an idiot, plain and simple.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Should be docked his wages for the entirety of his injury layoff, the donkey.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Club must stop this agony. Every season same story. It will not change. He just can't stay fit. Very good player, like him but what is the point to have him?

Oldyella

Club must stop this agony. Every season same story. It will not change. He just can't stay fit. Very good player, like him but what is the point to have him?
Yup, he will have a decent spell of form for 5 or 6 games, everyone will start praising him again then he will be back on his sick bed and we start over again.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He takes 6 injections to play in a meaningless friendly (without informing the club) and now misses the most important run of games in our season.
Phil is an idiot, plain and simple.
Yep. Him, Southgate and the England medical team are a bunch of fecking idiots.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You know your injury prone yet you take such risks.
Absolute fecking numpty.

Kostov

I think this last injury and the circumstances under he got it will put him in Jose's bad book. I hope not, because I rate him and want him to play but very stupid decision and he is missing the most important games.

AndyJ1985

Can't forgive him for this latest injury. It's beyond stupid and completely his own fault.

Varun

Staff
Can't forgive him for this latest injury. It's beyond stupid and completely his own fault.
It isnt completely his own fault unless he demanded injections to play the friendly but yes, he's stupid for refusing them when the England medical staff asked him to take it.

NemanjaWhoah

Our best centre back this season by a mile. He stopped everything tonight, very good all round.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Fergie is right. He'd be the best player ever for us if not for his injuries.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
When you see rain and Phil Jones you think slipping disaster... well, not today.

Defensive perfection in every aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.