g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Phil Jones image 4

Phil Jones England flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

Jonesy had the Swansea players in his pocket today. Barely broke a sweat.

He'll be crocked again going on England duty though.....

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good game from him. Up against an imposing striker, and continually got the better of him. Very good on the ball too. Simple but never wasteful or panicked. Always available for the short ball from De Gea or midfield, something our other centre backs seem to be a bit lax at.

Just don't get bloody injured.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Has been excellent in the last 2 games. It's no wonder, my boy Smalling couldn't get a game yet.

MadMike

Excellent again today. Suprisingly he looked better than Bailly too, who got bullied a bit by Abraham at times. Let's hope he stays fit.

Can't wait to visit the thread where people were wanting to sell him and Smalling :lol:

DeOddi

Bailly had a good start to the season, but dear me.... Jones has been absolutely brilliant. Wins everything on the ground and the air and his distribution from the back is also very good so far.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fantastic again. Hope he stays fit

Trizy

My MOTM today. He won everything and was amazingly calm on the ball. Stay fit Jones!

M Bison

Supports
York City
Very pleased for him to have started well and remind the doubters of what a good player he is, the only issue being fitness.

Well done Jonesy!

el3mel

Hope he stays away from injury. When he's fit and in form he's a great defender.

El Zoido

He was excellent today. Positionally just about flawless, his reading of the game was outstanding.

3KDré

Was so solid. Another good headache this year as to who we should start when Rojo comes back, and hopefully Lindelof gets going soon too.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Should retire from International footy, and I'm not joking.

If he ditched England he'd buy himself more time at Utd, which is undoubtedly 'elite' club football, he'd be injured less and the statement to Utd would also mean a lot.

If he gets crocked on England duty this season I think he'll be sold, and I don't think that's necessary.

Plus England are shit, and United are ace.

barmyarmy

One thing I noticed about Jones his ball playing ability has improved immensely compared to his viewing previous season doesn't just hoofs or passes back to the keeper plays some sensible passes

AP88

Supports
Man City
Bailly had a good start to the season, but dear me.... Jones has been absolutely brilliant. Wins everything on the ground and the air and his distribution from the back is also very good so far.
Sometimes I'd like to see Smalling and Jones with Bailly leftback; Eric is immensely talented but still looks naive at times. Let him learn in a more peripheral position.

Mourinho is the coach Jones required to resurrect his career after years in the post-Ferguson abyss. Genuinely think captaincy will be a valid shout if he can stay fit this season.

Obiorahking_

On a less sarcastic note, could we ban him from participating in international games? I would hate for him to get injured again

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I don't understand why people are surprised by him playing well? It was exactly the same last season when he got a couple of months without injury. Excelled in that run of games with Rojo.

He will of course, just like he did then, inevitably break down and have to sit out the better part of the season. And then wash, rinse and repeat, apparently.

Irrational.

Fantastic performance today, hugely underrated next to Bailly. He looks like he's cut out that rash side to his game.

Praying he stays fit this season, he could be immense for us.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Good display.

We have had about 100 false dawns with Jonesy though so I can't imagine this will be anything different.

Fracture90

When he's fit he's one heck of a CB, no doubt about that. Good in the air, strong, not as fast as before (injuries played their part in that unfortunately) but still able to get in great positions. Good reading of the game and very calm on the ball with some pretty underrated passing ability.

The most importantly he appears to be compatible with everyone, he's played with Rojo, Smalling, Bailly and Blind and always looked good. Also he can play on either side which is great. Hope he can stay healthy long enough!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Excellent again today. I thought Smalling would start the season ahead of him but can't complain.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's been great. I still think he has some odd play in locker but that's not the worst thing in the world. The main worry with him is his poor injury record, but for now I'm delighted to have him start for us alongside Bailly.

TheReligion

Abusive
1 game a week suits him.

I'd imagine we will see some rotation soon. Another good display.

Crazy to think we have Jones, Smalling, Bailly, Lindelof and Rojo at centre half.

We are spoilt. Daley Blind would start at CB for some of the top 6 and he's our full back!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If he got a full injury free season I legit think he would establish himself as one of the best cb's in the league.

Fat chance of that happening though.

Status
Not open for further replies.