Phil Jones caught saying "sacked in the morning"?

NiceGuyEddie

Lip-reader here:

It DOES look like Phil mutters "Sacked in the morning" but kind of under his breath. Only about 50% certain though, problem is he says it very rapidly so it's hard to be sure. He did look frustrated in the lead up to it, so it would fit with this.

Woodward definitely does not tell Jones to "Shut up" nor is it anything about the cameras. I think it looks more like he's saying something about a sub. Possibly he's saying to the woman "We know that boy's a sub".

LVGSdive

Sums up how bad we are. A conversation between Phil Jones and Ed Woodward was the most entertaining thing that happened in the whole match.

lsd

The Oracle
Not convinced of what jones says but it must be something silly as Woodward clearly snaps back “we’re on camera, stop.”

I don’t think he’s talking to the lady at all, it’s a pretty clear response to whatever Jones says.

He clearly isn't talking to Jones

MikeeMike

Lip-reader here:

It DOES look like Phil mutters "Sacked in the morning" but kind of under his breath. Only about 50% certain though, problem is he says it very rapidly so it's hard to be sure. He did look frustrated in the lead up to it, so it would fit with this.

Woodward definitely does not tell Jones to "Shut up" nor is it anything about the cameras. I think it looks more like he's saying something about a sub. Possibly he's saying to the woman "We know that boy's a sub".
sorry if it sounds l’m having a go... but you are a lip reader????? Jones never looks anything llke saying “sacked in the morning”.. WUM?

Tarrou

Jones: "What did the ref say then, 'Vanilla'"?
Ed: "It was Vinegar, twat!"

Red_toad

I can't believe anybody clicks on a Goldbridge video the man is a clown of the greatest order and only in this for the money he can make out of it.
Guy is toxic, now cannot watch him as it’s the same rinse and repeat agenda driven drivel. Simply offers nothing aside from moaning and overrated opinion. He typifies many Caf posters, they must lap it up.

Eric7C

Lip-reader here:

A+

mu4c_20le

Sums up how bad we are. A conversation between Phil Jones and Ed Woodward was the most entertaining thing that happened in the whole match.
At least we're not studying Pogba's body language anymore

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Lip-reader here:

I think he is on another planet. Probably just hungry as it looks like he says "Angela now, would you hand me that sub?" His friend with the screen is probably hired to follow Ed around with that wolf of wallstreet dvd on repeat everywhere they go. Its all just a big mess

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Lip-reader here:

You're a lip reader and I'm a trans-racial NASA astronaut from Andorra.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just a twitter account looking for more publicity. There's loads of things he could be saying, and he wouldn't exactly say "sacked in the morning" while sat right behind Woodward would he?
Didn’t see the video but I’m pretty sure he’s in fact whispering it to Woodward to wind him for giving him new contract and making whole lot of other stupid decisions.

Golden Nugget

What actually happened (based on what was shown on the tele)

James had the ball down the wing, went for a cross, which goes out of play for a goal kick.

I thought it was a corner and it cut to Woody and Jones who based on their language of the 12 second video, thought the same. I didn’t see at the time Jones muttering but it would have been at the ref if anyone.

Obviously that isn’t as fun and exciting as ‘sacked in the morning’ though

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He clearly isn't talking to Jones
He... clearly is?

He's turned his neck and looking upwards. Jones is being receptive to him, the lady doesn't even respond/change her expression at all.

NiceGuyEddie

You're a lip reader and I'm a trans-racial NASA astronaut from Andorra.
Not a lip-reader by choice unfortunately, something I've naturally had to do from a very young age.

It's not an exact science either, despite what some experts would have you believe.

Born2Lose

Woodward must be the thickest man in football, how can he turn up to so many matches and not see the absolute devastation his idiotic decisions are causing.

NiceGuyEddie

sorry if it sounds l’m having a go... but you are a lip reader????? Jones never looks anything llke saying “sacked in the morning”.. WUM?
I'm split on "sacked in the morning" and "disappointing" to be fair. It's a tough one as he rapidly mutters it and the video isn't the greatest quality.

EireRed_GS

I dont care what he said really, id use this as an opportunity/excuse to get rid of the muppet

b82REZ

I'm split on "sacked in the morning" and "disappointing" to be fair. It's a tough one as he rapidly mutters it and the video isn't the greatest quality.

You're split on it yet your first post claiming you can lip read you say it does look like he said it.

There's no way he said that, no less to the fecking chief exec.

The club is in crisis and the media are loving it, unfortunately our dim fanbase are lapping it up and here we are badly analysing a squad players chat with someone.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I think Phil was saying "It's Corbyn's fault."

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he really said that then the club has no choice but to take severe disciplinary action against Jones. I want Ole gone but irrespective of how incompetent the manager is, no player should be pushing for his sacking.

fergiesarmy1

If he really said that then the club has no choice but to take severe disciplinary action against Jones. I want Ole gone but irrespective of how incompetent the manager is, no player should be pushing for his sacking.
Yep, looks like it would be difficult to prove though given Jones was behind him and there are about 30 different versions on what went down on here :lol:

devilish

Yep, looks like it would be difficult to prove though given Jones was behind him and there are about 30 different versions on what went down on here :lol:
There's no need for proof. The fecking CEO was there and he knows exactly what he said. I repeat if Jones said what he is being accused to have said then severe disciplinary action needs to be taken. If necessary then kick the idiot out of the club.

fergiesarmy1

There's no need for proof. The fecking CEO was there and he knows exactly what he said. I repeat if Jones said what he is being accused to have said then severe disciplinary action needs to be taken. If necessary then kick the idiot out of the club.
Pretty sure that would come down to he said/she said once lawyers got involved.

devilish

Pretty sure that would come down to he said/she said once lawyers got involved.
The club is within its right to sack a player or send him for a couple of games in reserves, or not allowing him to train with the first team or just give him some gruesome training until he snaps.

rhoff113

What actually happened (based on what was shown on the tele)

James had the ball down the wing, went for a cross, which goes out of play for a goal kick.

I thought it was a corner and it cut to Woody and Jones who based on their language of the 12 second video, thought the same. I didn’t see at the time Jones muttering but it would have been at the ref if anyone.

Obviously that isn’t as fun and exciting as ‘sacked in the morning’ though
Thank you, I didn't remember what happened at that moment and at that moment of the match, with James, why would Jones says something negative about us ?

But it's Jones so...The guy scored more goals to De Gea than on penalty.

fergiesarmy1

The club is within its right to sack a player or send him for a couple of games in reserves, or not allowing him to train with the first team or just give him some gruesome training until he snaps.
Well I’d do that just of general principal but that’s just how I rolled on championship manager back in the day