Gaming PlayStation 5

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I started Little Nightmares last night. Creepy fecking game :lol: Probably shouldn't have played it in the dark on my own.

Bebe

Bebe

On another note, I started replaying Horizon yesterday to get ready for Forbidden West. First time playing was on base ps4, 1080p display. Looked great then, but seeing it now on PS5 and a 4K OLED is mindblowing. What a game.

CloneMC16

On another note, I started replaying Horizon yesterday to get ready for Forbidden West. First time playing was on base ps4, 1080p display. Looked great then, but seeing it now on PS5 and a 4K OLED is mindblowing. What a game.
Horizon was my favourite game from last gen. Loved almost everything about it. My only complaint was combat against human enemies. It was pretty shit, but it looks like they've improved it a lot in Forbidden West. Can't wait for Forbidden West!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Horizon was my favourite game from last gen. Loved almost everything about it. My only complaint was combat against human enemies. It was pretty shit, but it looks like they've improved it a lot in Forbidden West. Can't wait for Forbidden West!
The ign preview looks :drool:

Bebe

My favourite story in a game since Mass Effect. Game of the generation, for me. (honourable mention to Witcher 3 and GoW)

Chairman Steve

Have they announced Bloodborne 2 yet? I feel like Sony announcing that with FromSoft would spike interest.

I don’t think Sony have anything to worry about that much by Microsoft acquiring Activision Blizzard anyway. Activision are usually viewed with disdain by most ‘gamers’. Call of Duty is getting worse and worse every year and their sales are falling.

And Blizzard barely make games anymore since the original World of Warcraft launched. Are they going to entice them in playing an almost 20 year old MMO with dwindling numbers? Remakes of their old awesome games like Diablo 2? The only thing that Blizzard have in the pipeline that’s potentially exciting is Diablo 4 (see no need to make a second Overwatch game to be honest) but you just know they’ll mess it up somehow, like make it too easy, too anime looking (since D1 and D2 is gritty, gothic and dark) and have that stupid ‘must be online 24/7’ stipulation like Diablo 3.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Have they announced Bloodborne 2 yet? I feel like Sony announcing that with FromSoft would spike interest.

I don’t think Sony have anything to worry about that much by Microsoft acquiring Activision Blizzard anyway. Activision are usually viewed with disdain by most ‘gamers’. Call of Duty is getting worse and worse every year and their sales are falling.

And Blizzard barely make games anymore since the original World of Warcraft launched. Are they going to entice them in playing an almost 20 year old MMO with dwindling numbers? Remakes of their old awesome games like Diablo 2? The only thing that Blizzard have in the pipeline that’s potentially exciting is Diablo 4 (see no need to make a second Overwatch game to be honest) but you just know they’ll mess it up somehow, like make it too easy, too anime looking (since D1 and D2 is gritty, gothic and dark) and have that stupid ‘must be online 24/7’ stipulation like Diablo 3.
Great post mate.

Ainu

Hoping for Bloodborne 2 is a road that can only lead to disappointment, suffering and giving up on life. Not going to happen, don't even dream about it.

Bosws87

Hoping for Bloodborne 2 is a road that can only lead to disappointment, suffering and giving up on life. Not going to happen, don't even dream about it.
Its got being saved for a remake all over it bloodborne, rather then any sequel.

Bosws87

A properly frame-paced, 60fps version is about as far as I dare to dream, and even that is something I don't believe in.
Duke Nukem forever and The Last guardian were real, never say never :lol:

Irwin99

How difficult would a Bloodborne remaster really be to make? It'd be a massive money maker so i'm not really sure what would stop them.

Bosws87

How difficult would a Bloodborne remaster really be to make? It'd be a massive money maker so i'm not really sure what would stop them.
I think it will happen i presume Bluepoint who did the Demons souls remaster will at some point give bloodborne the same treatment.

Ainu

I think it will happen i presume Bluepoint who did the Demons souls remaster will at some point give bloodborne the same treatment.
I feel I need to point out Demon's Souls was a full on remake instead of a remaster, which is a treatment Bloodborne definitely doesn't need at this point. I also think Sony has higher plans for Bluepoint, such as letting them work on an original IP.

Brocky

I may need to do this. Recently got an LG C1 and loved Horizon the first time round but couldn't help feel I was missing out, due to not having a 4K HDR TV at the time.

Moby

Dick
I don't want it. Nor a sequel or a pc port (although it has already been modded to bits). Just let the masterpiece rest the way it is. Anything built on top of that (especially the DLC) will be a disappointment. It's like meddling with The Godfather.

Bosws87

I don't want it. Nor a sequel or a pc port (although it has already been modded to bits). Just let the masterpiece rest the way it is. Anything built on top of that (especially the DLC) will be a disappointment. It's like meddling with The Godfather.
Soon change your mind if you played it at a solid 60

Bebe

I may need to do this. Recently got an LG C1 and loved Horizon the first time round but couldn't help feel I was missing out, due to not having a 4K HDR TV at the time.
It looked good before but I'm astounded by how much better it looks with the 4K HDR OLED treatment. Definitely worth it in my book if it's been a couple years since you last played it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It looked good before but I'm astounded by how much better it looks with the 4K HDR OLED treatment. Definitely worth it in my book if it's been a couple years since you last played it.
Hmm... I think I will too.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Haven't got round to Lost Legacy so no brainer for £10.

Minkaro

Thought the trophy tracker was a great idea when I first started playing the PS5 - don't think I've seen it for ages.

Particularly annoying as I'm playing D&D: Dark Alliance, which has a lot of "get X amount of this thing" trophies, so it'd be really useful.

Bosws87

Grim, this is the way it’s gonna go not good for anyone.

Sony will finally have a studio capable of producing that killer FPS.

Rather we didn’t go down this route of swallowing up developers on either side

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That was completely unexpected. Only bright side being they'll stay multi-platform.

First off, I want to be very clear to the community that Bungie will remain an independent and multi-platform studio and publisher.
Hate this consolidation of big publishers that a certain company started over the last few years.

Bosws87

That was completely unexpected. Only bright side being they'll stay multi-platform.

Hate this consolidation of big publishers that a certain company started over the last few years.
For now, we will see.

Thats exactly the route Microsoft took us down with their acquisitions.

Castia

Bit of a strange one, Bungie are a big studio but they only really have the Destiny ip right?