Gaming PlayStation 5

Coxy

It's not really properly portable and you need to own a £500 or so PS5 to be able to do anything with it.

Steam Deck plays games independently, this one does not. It's a streaming device, presumably aimed at people who don't own smartphones (all five of them that exist somewhere maybe) or whatever.
It has all the features of the PS5 controller (rumble etc) - nothing to do with whether you have a phone or not - instead it's recreating the PS5 experience (which a mobile can't do).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm playing through the Uncharted 4 remaster on PS5 and my god it's such an awesome game. Only thing that irks me is the light hearted banter in combination with me casually murdering hundreds of people.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I finished R&C: Rift Apart and got the platinum, as well.

A really fun game. It's shallow and short but the game play holds its own.

Oh, and it might be the best looking game I've ever played.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I finished R&C: Rift Apart and got the platinum, as well.

A really fun game. It's shallow and short but the game play holds its own.

Oh, and it might be the best looking game I've ever played.

Going to try this once I finish the Jedi survivor platinum. I played a little bit of it and it was visually really impressive.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Anybody playing Battlefield 2042? Cannot launch a single game at the moment, it just says stand by and then it times out eventually. Thoughts?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just started watchdog legion, never played one before but it ain't bad is it? Liking the recruiting mechanism and cool to be in London.

Ainu

There's a demo out for FF16 today. I'm at work but just checked the PS app and it's already available, so I'm going to give it a go when I get home.

Square-Enix have been up to a lot of questionable bullshit in recent years, but I applaud them for consistently putting out demos for main Final Fantasy games, which is a rarity these days.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
There's a demo out for FF16 today. I'm at work but just checked the PS app and it's already available, so I'm going to give it a go when I get home.

Square-Enix have been up to a lot of questionable bullshit in recent years, but I applaud them for consistently putting out demos for main Final Fantasy games, which is a rarity these days.
I already have it on pre-order so hopefully it's good!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
You know, I have always had Sony consoles but bought an Xbox for Starfield and without adding to the pissing contest, the overall quality of the Xbox, the games and the controller … everything is just worse.
The controller is a recent thing for me. I always found the Xbox controllers better (apart from the OG one), but this Dualsense is one of the best controllers I've used. Even aside from some of the tech in it, it's just a very comfortable and sturdy controller.

In terms of the other stuff, PlayStation has been ahead in that department for years.

Lecland07

Thought about buying a ps5, but not sure one game is worth it (FFXVI) - their future releases look bleak.

Everything else seems to be remakes or just average games.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Thought about buying a ps5, but not sure one game is worth it (FFXVI) - their future releases look bleak.

Baldurs Gate III, FF7 Rebirth and Spider-Man 2 is a pretty decent year of releases.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Have you played their past releases before moving to the furure ones? Already in this console generation we have these exclusives
- GoW Rangnarok
- Ratchet
- Demon Souls
- Spiderman
- Returnal
- Astros playroom
- Horizon FW

Obviously there are many non exclusives. Granted it’s not PS4 2nd half generation levels but as usual Playstation is having the strongest line up so far.

Ainu

I wouldn't say the future looks bleak, but there's a radio silence from several studios that I would've expected an update from at this point. Naughty Dog (other than TLOU multiplayer), Bend Studio, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, Team Asobi, Bluepoint Games, Housemarque, those are the main ones.

We can make an educated guess about Sucker Punch (Ghost of Tsushima sequel) and maybe Asobi (another Astro game), but the other studios? The fact that we don't know anything about their projects probably means we are looking at late 2024 releases at the earliest.

pacifictheme

A few people seem to think Sony will do a second show this year as a few studios they know have stuff to show showed nothing. Apparently this is what Sony did the year the ps5 launched too, which they called phase 1, and apparently this is now phase 2. Who knows, I have loads of stuff to play so not too worried really.

pacifictheme

Have you played their past releases before moving to the furure ones? Already in this console generation we have these exclusives
- GoW Rangnarok
- Ratchet
- Demon Souls
- Spiderman
- Returnal
- Astros playroom
- Horizon FW

Obviously there are many non exclusives. Granted it’s not PS4 2nd half generation levels but as usual Playstation is having the strongest line up so far.
Gran Turismo 7 as well which is by far my most played game of the lot.