Gaming PlayStation 5

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Had a Sony OLED for 2 years now, gets plenty of use and I routinely leave it on. No burn in issues whatsoever.

tbf, October was incredible.
Amol always moans about it each month because he's already bought everything they offer :lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Can anyone help me with a WiFi issue?

It seems all of a sudden my connection is god awful, I'm getting 15mbps down and 1.8mbps up.

I mainly only play fifa but it's literally unplayable as it boots me from every game as my ping is hovering around 350-750.

When I do speed tests on ipad and phone I'm getting 860+mpbs and 107mbps up.

M16Red

It seems all of a sudden my connection is god awful, I'm getting 15mbps down and 1.8mbps up.

I mainly only play fifa but it's literally unplayable as it boots me from every game as my ping is hovering around 350-750.

I mean there could be lots of reasons.

Start by spilting your 2.4GHz and 5GHZ SSID, then attach all the other devices to 2.4GHZ (kids stuff, wife's stuff) then QOS their connection (100mb)

Change the 5ghz to ax (WIFI6) standard, get an app and look at channels used by neighbours, don't overlap them - match them or find a clean channel. Most routers have auto channeling so they'll move.

Widen the channel to 80mhz. Try to keep out of the mid and hight ranges as some devices don't see them channel (62 up)

On 2.4ghz 1,6,11 are the most used channels.

All else fails, EOP it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s like they’re sabotaging PS Plus. And I thought they couldn’t possibly outdo the last couple of months. Absolute tripe.

the_cliff

So I'm downgrading to essential then.

Wth is Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz. The nerve of Sony to give the worst 2 months right after the price hike, honestly expect mass unsubscriptions. This also after shafting existing ps plus subscribers in their black friday deals.

Last edited:

Ainu

I honestly think what they're doing with PS Plus Premium is utterly pathetic and embarrassing. The games they're putting on there, are simply PS4 and PS5 games. PaRappa the Rapper 2? Yeah sure, it was once a PS2 title, but it's been a remastered PS4 release since fecking 2015. Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series might technically contain PS1 and PS2 games, but it's a collection that only released on modern systems. All of these games are proper PS4/5 titles and belong on the Extra tier.

What the Premium tier really should've been, is proper emulation (at least for PS1, PS2 and PSP, we know PS3 emulation is problematic) which would then increase the potential library to ALL games ever released on those systems. They'd still need to sort out licenses and stuff, but at the very least they could put all their own IPs on there and even for third party it would be a hell of a lot better than just relying on remastered PS4/5 releases. At the moment, Premium exists for no other reason than to rip off their customers. There's just no value there at all.

amolbhatia50k

I honestly think what they're doing with PS Plus Premium is utterly pathetic and embarrassing. The games they're putting on there, are simply PS4 and PS5 games. PaRappa the Rapper 2? Yeah sure, it was once a PS2 title, but it's been a remastered PS4 release since fecking 2015. Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series might technically contain PS1 and PS2 games, but it's a collection that only released on modern systems. All of these games are proper PS4/5 titles and belong on the Extra tier.

What the Premium tier really should've been, is proper emulation (at least for PS1, PS2 and PSP, we know PS3 emulation is problematic) which would then increase the potential library to ALL games ever released on those systems. They'd still need to sort out licenses and stuff, but at the very least they could put all their own IPs on there and even for third party it would be a hell of a lot better than just relying on remastered PS4/5 releases. At the moment, Premium exists for no other reason than to rip off their customers. There's just no value there at all.
I don’t even mind Premium. It’s just an add on benefit albeit it should be much much better. Extra is their headline offering and after a great 8-9 months they’ve clearly made a conscious effort to utterly not give a shit with so much filler content. They had made up a lot of ground on game pass initially but over the last few months the gap between the services has been really huge.

buckooo1978

anyone UK based recommend any decent bundle deals

My son wants one for Christmas andnot sure its worthwhile waiting until Black Friday

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don’t even mind Premium. It’s just an add on benefit albeit it should be much much better. Extra is their headline offering and after a great 8-9 months they’ve clearly made a conscious effort to utterly not give a shit with so much filler content. They had made up a lot of ground on game pass initially but over the last few months the gap between the services has been really huge.
They are basically doing what Microsoft did with Game Pass, kick it off with strong library, earn enough customers to make it somewhat profitable and are now trying to see whether they can get away with diluting its library. It was one of the reasons I got rid of my Xbox.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've been commenting on how shit the PS Plus stuff has gotten in the last year or so and now it's not even worth really saying anything. It's quite clearly zero effort rubbish.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
After a breif daliance with XBox while I played through Starfield, it's nice to be back on the old PS5 it has to be said. And much as I loved Starfield, a second playthrough of RDR2 has reminded me of what a proper open world RPG can be like.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've been commenting on how shit the PS Plus stuff has gotten in the last year or so and now it's not even worth really saying anything. It's quite clearly zero effort rubbish.
And to rub salt in the wounds, they've increased the price, too. I think PS Extra is a good tier, but the "free" monthly games are very, very hit and miss to put it politely.

Shark

@NotShark
They are basically doing what Microsoft did with Game Pass, kick it off with strong library, earn enough customers to make it somewhat profitable and are now trying to see whether they can get away with diluting its library. It was one of the reasons I got rid of my Xbox.
GP while definitely diluted, still isn't nearly as bad as this though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Premium is reduced to £83.99 for the year which at £7 a month isn’t bad value. They definitely need to start upping the quality of games though, last few weeks has been terrible. Really wish they’d make a push to get the classics back on too. Hasn’t grown as much as I’d have liked.

Cole9

anyone UK based recommend any decent bundle deals

My son wants one for Christmas andnot sure its worthwhile waiting until Black Friday
Argos have some bundles at £399.99. The console, along with either COD: MW3, Spider-Man 2 or EA FC 24.

This seems to be the cheapest deal at the moment. I doubt there’ll be anything much better than this. It’s a saving of over £100.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hogwarts on sale again. Wondering whether to get it for that price or wait for even cheaper.

amolbhatia50k

I thought it was great for the first 8-9 months. It launched with a great line and then over the coming months we got stuff like Stray, Watchdogs, Horizon, Like a Dragon, Nioh 2, Oli Oli, Quarry and a lot more. Last 3 months has been a complete joke. Who the feck thought Saints Row, Callisto Protocol and Mafia 2 are worthy of being headliner additions.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
PS Portal sold out everywhere.
If interested I recommend checking how Remote Play works on your phone or laptop first and if not great then mess around with the connection settings. If still not good then PS Portal probably isn't for you. Here's an impression from someone on Era:

Some impressions! First off this thing was enough for me not to buy the Steam OLED which is awesome. The ergonomics and presentation is fantastic.

Initial impressions were rough. I have a mesh network and my PS5 is in my office which is detached from my house. So in my bedroom it was very choppy, pretty ugly (looked like 720p or lower) and would constantly stutter- I couldn't play Spider-Man 2 or GT7 without losing a race or mission since it would cut out so much. I was really disappointed but looking at the comments here I wanted to tinker with my wi-fi network.

So now my wi-fi network is set to "Prefer 5Ghz band" and I set the power to high on that network, and sure enough the Portal connects through 5Ghz now (originally I confirmed it to be 2.4Ghz) and wow, what a difference. It's super crisp and fluid, and I think I only got about two crackle audio bits that lasted a second in about an hour of play. Fantastic stuff.

Still there was some further issues- GT7 didn't seem very fluid to me, but I realized I had set 120fps to ON and so the Portal was essentially trying to scale that down to 60fps on the fly. Once I turned that off it was so much smoother. Same with Spider-Man 2 which I had to set at 60. It'll be a little annoying to keep swapping back and forth but it's not a massive issue (I wish these games would do this when it shows it being played via remote though, ah well).

So yeah, I jumped around last night to SM2, GT7, Talos 2 and Robocop and had a blast. This thing is gonna get a ton of use of out me. Love it.
Personally for me it has been fecking awesome, no issues setting it up - had previous played Remote Play for 7 years on laptop so knew my setup would be fine anyway.

If you play a fair bit on PC then Steam Deck would be the better pick albeit at a higher cost due to ability to both play your steam library portably as well as access to better PS Remote Play apps.

Cole9

I was about to pull the trigger on the COD bundle but it’s sold out everywhere :lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Premium is reduced to £83.99 for the year which at £7 a month isn’t bad value. They definitely need to start upping the quality of games though, last few weeks has been terrible. Really wish they’d make a push to get the classics back on too. Hasn’t grown as much as I’d have liked.
The trouble is for those of us already on Premium we don’t get that discount. It’s only for new members or those looking to upgrade their tier.

My annual subscription ends on the 29th November so I think I’m going to let it lapse and hope for a discount in December.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The trouble is for those of us already on Premium we don’t get that discount. It’s only for new members or those looking to upgrade their tier.

My annual subscription ends on the 29th November so I think I’m going to let it lapse and hope for a discount in December.
I extended mine no problem? Go to your account on the ps5 > subscriptions and it should let you extend from there.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I extended mine no problem? Go to your account on the ps5 > subscriptions and it should let you extend from there.
It shows as £119.99 for me :(

Edit:

I’ve just logged into my account via the playstation website and it’s showing the discount.

Thanks for the heads up mate.

Last edited: