Gaming PlayStation 5

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My wrapped has made me realise i play far far too much FIFA. It isn't even that good, yet month on month it monopolises my time!
I feel like I barely played it and yet it has like 40 hours on mine. I’ve not even bought the new version so that’ll definitely be lower next year.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I feel like I barely played it and yet it has like 40 hours on mine. I’ve not even bought the new version so that’ll definitely be lower next year.
Try 533 hours on fifa 23 and already up to 153 hours on FC 24.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
2023 Wrap-Up

1. Call of Duty modern warfare
2. The Witcher 3
3. No mans sky PSVR2
4. God of War: Ragnarok
5. Cyberpunk 2077

684 hours (taking into account I had no PS5 for a few months)
Gaming style: Gunslinger

Volumiza

Noticed yesterday that As Dusk Falls is coming to PS5. I played this on XBox earlier in the year, very good graphic narrative choice driven adventure. Should that be your thing, definitely one to try.

Selbourne

Top 5

Tekken 7 - 310 hours
Resident Evil 4 Remake - 127 hours
Final Fantasy XVI - 115 hours
Lies of P - 74 hours
Judgment - 64 hours

Was taken quite aback with the Resident Evil and Final Fantasy XVI hours but I'm guessing I must've fell asleep at some point with the games running.

Also I just beat Judgment the other day and was pleasantly surprised to see some others that have got it on their lists too.

Volumiza

Top 5

Tekken 7 - 310 hours
Resident Evil 4 Remake - 127 hours
Final Fantasy XVI - 115 hours
Lies of P - 74 hours
Judgment - 64 hours

Was taken quite aback with the Resident Evil and Final Fantasy XVI hours but I'm guessing I must've fell asleep at some point with the games running.

Also I just beat Judgment the other day and was pleasantly surprised to see some others that have got it on their lists too.
Same with mine, Cyberpunk at 5? I have downloded it and tried to get into it a few times but personally found it very underwhelming so am surprised its my 5th most played game this year.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Quite a quiet year in gaming for me. Despite there being so many good games out. Haven't got to half of them.

1.Call of Duty
2. Resident Evil 4
3.Dead Space
4. Tetris Effect
5.OlliOlli World

268 hours total playtime. And only TWO platinum trophies. Need to up those numbers for next year.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
The worst "snipers" anyone has ever seen, end up running around a map with machine guns and pistols trying to escape zee Germans who spotted us. Eventually escape, to see an enemy and be like "I can snipe him" miss the snipe by a mile and repeat the process. :lol: those games are massively underrated
Yep that about sums it up!

Loved every minute!!

Think we still have some to finish off - so let’s try and find some time soon!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The worst "snipers" anyone has ever seen, end up running around a map with machine guns and pistols trying to escape zee Germans who spotted us. Eventually escape, to see an enemy and be like "I can snipe him" miss the snipe by a mile and repeat the process. :lol: those games are massively underrated
I really liked Sniper Elite 5. I think I’ve got a couple of missions to go but the whole stealth sniping thing is so satisfying - I definitely didn’t play it the way you did and took my sniping profession very seriously! Invasion mode is class as well.

amolbhatia50k

Good month for PS Plus, finally. Taking into account the essential announcement earlier there’s enough I’d want to play.

In extra I’d be interested in trying out at least a few out of FF Spin-off, Metal Hellsiny, Salt and Sacrifice, Tinykin, Moonscars, Grime, Mega Man 11 and Prodeus. Can’t be bothered with GTA5.

In essential will definitely try out powerwash and Sable.

All in all a comeback month for Plus. I’d say no real must play games - I’d love to see them add a GT7 for example - but a lot of interesting ones.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yep that about sums it up!

Loved every minute!!

Think we still have some to finish off - so let’s try and find some time soon!
I really liked Sniper Elite 5. I think I’ve got a couple of missions to go but the whole stealth sniping thing is so satisfying - I definitely didn’t play it the way you did and took my sniping profession very seriously! Invasion mode is class as well.
Wonder if amolbhatia can invade our coop games ? That could be a laugh

amolbhatia50k

Is anyone planning on playing It Takes Two before it leaves PS Plus? Apparently you can’t do random matchmaking every time you boot it up and have to have a consistent player you do the play through with. Not sure how that’s supposed to work in teams of coordination etc

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Is anyone planning on playing It Takes Two before it leaves PS Plus? Apparently you can’t do random matchmaking every time you boot it up and have to have a consistent player you do the play through with. Not sure how that’s supposed to work in teams of coordination etc
When does it leave? Think it's only around 10 hours and I should have 10 hours spare over Christmas period.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Around midway through the year I became a bit obsessed with platinuming games which is why FF and Star Wars are so high. I also realised a lot of game hours for myself are increased because I will pause and sit on my phone for an hour or so when gaming at night so there are probably around 200 hours play time on my account where I'm sitting idle.

Also my favourite game so far has probably been BG3 but it's not there in big hours as I feel like I want to pick it up again when I have a week or two to really just sit down and play it (aka Xmas). The other games are all easier and less engrossing so I can just pick them up in the every so couple of days I have time to play PS.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
53 hours altogether on my PS5 this year according to the summary they provided. It's not heavily used I must say but I'm getting back into it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Around midway through the year I became a bit obsessed with platinuming games which is why FF and Star Wars are so high. I also realised a lot of game hours for myself are increased because I will pause and sit on my phone for an hour or so when gaming at night so there are probably around 200 hours play time on my account where I'm sitting idle.

Also my favourite game so far has probably been BG3 but it's not there in big hours as I feel like I want to pick it up again when I have a week or two to really just sit down and play it (aka Xmas). The other games are all easier and less engrossing so I can just pick them up in the every so couple of days I have time to play PS.
That's a good showing for the year, especially as I guess the majority of the games you platinumed are quite meaty action games/RPGs

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's a good showing for the year, especially as I guess the majority of the games you platinumed are quite meaty action games/RPGs
Yeah, quite a bunch. Working on the Cyberpunk at the moment so should complete that Plat soon, will go back to Hogwarts at some point too. After that I will finish BG3 and then platinum SpiderMan 2 when i pick that up as I imagine it's fairly easy as the others were.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
My wrapped was 1600 hours played with ny top game being Honkai Star Rail with 140 hours. Played 99 games too, most from extra and essential, although I've only finished 36.

pacifictheme

My wrapped was 1600 hours played with ny top game being Honkai Star Rail with 140 hours. Played 99 games too, most from extra and essential, although I've only finished 36.
I tried star rail but I haven't got time to devote to two games like that and I already play genshin. Think it still made the top five in terms of time for me though!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
1. NBA 2K23
2. Madden 23
3. Madden 24
4. MLB The Show 23
5. Red Dead Redemption 2

290 hours played. Not surprising since I don't do much gaming these days unfortunately.

Sara125

I’m out of the loop fill me in. How can I access this feature to tell me my most played games?

Ainu

This is the second time I've got noticeable stick drift on one of my controllers, this time on the right joystick. I'm not playing any games that require precision aiming at the moment, so it's not the end of the world, but it's still annoying. I think I've owned 4 controllers in total, so I'm on a 50% hit rate for stick drift. They really need to sort this shit out.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I’m really enjoying the Portal after having it for a couple of days. The screen is gorgeous. Really handy just being able to sit in bed or on the sofa and play some games. One annoying issue is the lack of ability to switch users while in remote play - you have to sign out and sign back in as the other person if you want to switch. Not a major issue but easily fixed you’d have thought. Can imagine it being a bit of a pain for families who may perhaps have multiple users.

Think the lack of ability to play natively isn’t too much of an issue - and I doubt the ability to play PS5 games natively on a handheld would even be feasible without having something extremely expensive. £199.99 for a remote play device isn’t too badly priced.

Feels great in your hands too (which is also something @Massive Spanner ‘s wife has never said).

amolbhatia50k

I’m really enjoying the Portal after having it for a couple of days. The screen is gorgeous. Really handy just being able to sit in bed or on the sofa and play some games. One annoying issue is the lack of ability to switch users while in remote play - you have to sign out and sign back in as the other person if you want to switch. Not a major issue but easily fixed you’d have thought. Can imagine it being a bit of a pain for families who may perhaps have multiple users.

Think the lack of ability to play natively isn’t too much of an issue - and I doubt the ability to play PS5 games natively on a handheld would even be feasible without having something extremely expensive. £199.99 for a remote play device isn’t too badly priced.

Feels great in your hands too (which is also something @Massive Spanner ‘s wife has never said).
I quite enjoy remote play on the mac when the TV is occupied. A handheld screen to me just seems too small (something @Massive Spanner ’s wife has definitely said).

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

You should have got a VR too... You're clearly loaded

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
After being initially so hyped for Cyberpunk i held off at the beginning because of the many bugs.
I decided to wait for the "definitive edition" and so finally, 2 days ago, 3 years after its initial release, i finally started playing Cyberpunk.

I only played ~10 hours so far, but i'm really, really loving it so far.
The characters are great, the world building (the architecture, the NPCs, even the ads and everything) is insane, the immersion is so good, the gameplay is fun, the progression system (i think they changed that for 2.0, right?) is great, brain dance is very cool, I'm really pretty blown away so far.

When the game released many of those who were disappointed said, that they expected some kind of "futuristic GTA" and that Cyberpunk just wasn't that.
But so far (as I said, i only played around 10 hours) i would say that "it's a futuristic/cyberpunk GTA" is basically the perfect description for Cyberpunk.

So did the game change so much outside of fixing bugs?
Were many expectations just TOO HIGH at the initial release?
Does the game take a nosedive after the first 10 hours?
Am i just in the minority of people really loving the game?

paulscholes18

Hours 569
top 5 games
FM 23 (164h)
Destiny 2 (155h)
FM 24 (61h)
Diablo V (52h)
Hogwarts Legacy (50h)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’m really enjoying the Portal after having it for a couple of days. The screen is gorgeous. Really handy just being able to sit in bed or on the sofa and play some games.
It’s crazy we haven’t been able to do that up until this point