Pochettino Chelsea Manager - Sack Watch

TheReligion

Abusive
Mudryk cost more so he doesn't even have that going for him.
Yep. it’s an interesting deflection from @duffer as he’s accepted Antony is the better player and Mudryk is garbage. Going to the value, and getting it wrong, to try and prove some kind of point is most strange :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You watched the game? Same narrative. Chelsea messed up by not signing a top striker.

I believe a team of kids won't see there true potential until later on. Still don't understand chelsea project of investing so much in kids. We saw how our experience players won us the game yesterday. Chelsea is lacking that at the moment.
Leaves a sour taste in the mouth, doesn’t it

BarryWinks

Just gonna go with the stock excuse used here for underperforming united managers, can't be a hypocrite now.

"It's the players. They've downed tools and are throwing him under the bus. They did the same to the last (insert number of past managers here) managers. Board has to back him and get those wasters put of the club etc."

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He spent 200m alone on three defensive midfielders this summer. Either way he will come under fire. Not entirely on him as most of those youngsters are overrated crap like Mydruk, but still he has to do better with what he’s got even if he’s dealt with a bad hand.
Come December and they will probably be in relegation zone.
He? I don't think Pochettino wanted to spend £200m on defensive midfielder.

What I m confused about is the sporting director there at Chelsea. Last season, chelsea only scored 38 goals. Their highest goalscorer was 10 goals I believe. With those numbers it would make more sense to spend £120m on oshimen or even Kane, rather than Caceido. Moreover, their best player was felix yet they didn't keep him.

It seems a lot of the project is focused on nkunku because from what I remember, the reason they didn't keep felix was because of nkunku signing and the reason, they didn't sign a top striker as well was because nkunku partnered well with Jackson. So when nkunku get injured, what was their contingency plan? They didn't have one. So, they are in the mess they are in.

Even I realized that you can't soley rely on nkunku, so I don't know why their sporting directors didn't realize that as well.

Thats why I hate it when stats hipsters talk about the "underlying numbers" and make it seem like xG is the main statistic and a measure of the better team. Finishing is a skill and if a team is bad at finishing, they'll underperform their xG. That's not bad luck. Chelsea lack somemone good at finishing therefore they underperform their xG.

I don't think it's fair to judge him on this. Chelsea are a mess. Tuchel and Potter both struggled under Boehly.
But it also means they are playing well and creating chances. As you mentioned, they are just lacking someone that is good at finishing. I prefer the team I support have good underlying stats, because it means the gameplan is working. Just that the quality isn't there.

Jackson good at defensive stats for a striker, (heck he even the first of the player to get suspended, perhaps he is also a defensive midfielder) but he needs to improve his offensive one.

Last edited:

Tyrion

You watched the game? Same narrative. Chelsea messed up by not signing a top striker.

Thats why I hate it when stats hipsters talk about the "underlying numbers" and make it seem like xG is the main statistic and a measure of the better team. Finishing is a skill and if a team is bad at finishing, they'll underperform their xG. That's not bad luck. Chelsea lack somemone good at finishing therefore they underperform their xG.

I'm coming around to the opinion, that he just isn't an elite level manager.
Would have been excited at one stage for him to have been given the reins here, looking like it's a bullet dodged.
I don't think it's fair to judge him on this. Chelsea are a mess. Tuchel and Potter both struggled under Boehly.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Don’t they add up to the equation ?

He’s on almost decade worth of contract for someone that didn’t score much goals in the Ukrainian league either
If you want to compare them for both players to add in to the equation.

Mudryk is on £100K a week over an 8 1/2 year contract. Antony is on £200K a week on a 5 year contract (with an option for a 6th year). So if they both never play again, sit our their contracts and leave on frees then Antony is costing a lot more.

Both wages taken from Spotrac for consistency.

I posted an article where he was waffling on about lemons on here a few years ago. He's a lunatic. I wouldn't want him anywhere near United. He'd be ripped apart in the press for this type of nonsense if he was United manager.
Yeah, and this.

"Universal energy is something that I have been able to see since I was a child. It's a gift, one that is rare and one that is given only to those who can withstand it. Everything has energy. People, places, things, even moments. To control this energy is impossible, but you can shape it, move it, play with it and the key is to use crystals and, more powerfully, the solstice."
From his autiobiography Brave New World. Athletic link.

TheReligion

Abusive
Amazing Ten Hag finished 3rd and won a trophy (lost a final too) with no recognised CF bar Weghorst.

Can’t Chelsea cope given they’ve spent a billion quid plus?

Enigma_87

You know who
If you want to compare them for both players to add in to the equation.

Mudryk is on £100K a week over an 8 1/2 year contract. Antony is on £200K a week on a 5 year contract (with an option for a 6th year). So if they both never play again, sit our their contracts and leave on frees then Antony is costing a lot more.

Both wages taken from Spotrac for consistency.
Difference is Antony seems playable and most likely won’t sit on his contract compared to Mudryk who most likely will be loaned out 5-6 times during that time, whilst you cover those wages.

Mike Smalling

"Chelsea will pay €70m (£62m) up front and €30m (£26.5m) in add-ons, which include winning the Champions League, Premier League and other individual performance-related conditions."
https://www.skysports.com/football/...or-arsenal-target-and-shakhtar-donetsk-winger

I don't think any of those addons relate to "score no goals" or "finish 12th" somehow!

If we win the Champs League or Premier League then fair enough.
One of them might be number of performances, but Mudryk is not likely to trigger enough of them to get up to the same fee as we paid for Antony. Still, I'd saý they are in the same category of transfer fee. When you get to that €70-100m range, you expect to get someone that will be a quality starter fairly quick. Neither Antony or Mudryk is that, but Antony has certainly shown more.

ShinjiNinja26

Amazing Ten Hag finished 3rd and won a trophy (lost a final too) with no recognised CF bar Weghorst.

Can’t Chelsea cope given they’ve spent a billion quid plus?
This. It’s hilarious the excuses that are being made for them. Mainly by one individual right enough who claims to be a Utd fan as well.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
So long as people keep biting, he'll keep fishing.
He's been doing it for 9 years, long before anybody else would have had any strong opinions either way on Poch to be wound up by it:
I would love it if mauricio pochettino will be consider for the United job if Moyes does not improve our team performances. He was my personal choice to take over since last summer when Ferguaon retired. Moreover, I will have the upmost confident for United's future, if he was the one doing the rebuilding and imbueing a new philosophy at United.
Could not find a thread on this guy. Anyway, what does the future hold for this guy? He has Southampton playing some enticing football and he is doing it with some English players :0. Going forward, it will be interesting to see if he can show some consistency and stability in his managing career. Maybe add some cup wins to his cv aswell to furthur his acclamation from his peers.
Mauricio Pochettino is a smart manager probably one of the best upcoming manager in football.

You'd have to be even more of a headcase to keep up some kind of elaborate trolling act for that long than if it's all just straight up.

johnnyteutonic

I watched the whole game.
Just seemed the same old Chelsea to me of recent times.
Had the better chances and caught Villa on the break a lot, who were playing a really high line, but they weren't able to capitalise.
Sterling's finishing was abysmal. Chilwell and Jackson both had chances that they probably should have done better with.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Same narrative. Playing good football, creating chances, but can't finish. If anyone understands footballs, this shows a player quality issue.

It will take this chelsea team 10000 attempts to score the goal Bruno scored for us yesterday.

Oops wrong thread meant to be in the chelsea thread

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Have they ever been that bad under Roman apart from that 2015/16 Jose season? Shows you how important “good/strong” owners and leadership is.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
One of the owners. They're in the changing rooms after pretty much every game.
probably looking for the twat who stole all the g&t garnish from the hospitality suite.

redcucumber

The issue isn't his squad. He obviously doesn't have enough (blue?) lemons and crystals knocking about the place.

kaku06

Vulgarian
He? I don't think Pochettino wanted to spend £200m on defensive midfielder.
This is you when Chelsea signed him.
Their business has been fantastic because they are getting the players Pochettino want (only recently) and these players are wanting to play for Pochettino. I mean who turns down klopp and european league football for Chelsea? Pochettino is a factor and many of their players are singing his praises alread6. Chelsea are building a squad around a style that was so successful for Pochettino at spurs and Southampton. Look at us, we are getting the players ETH wanted and it isn't going to well at the moment. However things could change.

will finally be able to see the godfather of the press. Pochettino press. Hasn’t seen it since his early days at spurs. Caicedo was the missing piece as I stated before. With caicedo and Lavia chelsea will be able build from the back much better and allow more progressive pass from the back. Gallagher isnt that player and now they have fixed that. All that is left to fix is their attack and goalkeeper.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I had never seen a super expensive side where I couldn't recognize most of the players' faces. I wonder if that's Poch's fault or just the owner's.