Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kostov

Well people are still blaming Fergie for the 2009 transfer window...

And the OP isn’t blaming “everything” on Mourinho. That’s a typical Jose fanboy straw man.
Mourinho fan straw man? The guy points out that we might still be suffering consequences of Mourinho creating a toxic atmosphere?

7 months after he was sacked we are still shambles. Pogba played 2 months when he had a point to prove and went into vacation mode afterwards, we came to grasps of 4th and blew it, not because of Mourinho, but because of bottle jobs like many of our players and management are. That form after PSG was down to Mourinho? That's hilarious if someone tries to spin it.

cyberman

Also if I were Pogba I'd stay clear of Madrid. They don't really make runs behind defences coupled with Hazard wanting ball to feet it could really stiffle his way of playing.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Also if I were Pogba I'd stay clear of Madrid. They don't really make runs behind defences coupled with Hazard wanting ball to feet it could really stiffle his way of playing.
As if he's intelligent enough to know that.

C'est Moi Cantona

Every time same arguments are made, it doesn't help the club in any way. Rather force him to take a 25% pay cut and stay and get him to act professionally, he makes the bench if he doesn't do so, and new players like Bruno if we get him can step in and play. We have already lost the likes of Ndombele in this market so there are no top options we can get through his sale which we couldn't buy ourselves without selling.
It doesn't achieve a thing doing this, he'd be a bad influence, a constant focus for the press, a waste of wages, and then when next summer come around the whole thing would start again, and we would sell for less than we can now, I'm all for a show of strength from us, but right now it's not appropriate, as we are in such a mess already.

You're right about the market though, but that's on us, we knew this was coming yet we have allowed it to get to this, but he still should be let go, the best hope is a decent player in return now.

Last thing I would want are players used in a potential swap deal.
I dont want your big headed past their prime ego's and individuals who would clearly see United as a step down and a$$ about for a few years with inconsistent displays or players who are just frankly unmotivated and fat.

We want a clean slate.Money only,please.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Get the fee we want and move on. We don’t need a player who doesn’t want to be here when times are tough. The fact he feels he deserves better elsewhere says it all.

Not gone on player exchanges. Simply as the ones we tend to list won’t look twice at us anyway - leading to more moany shite from a player in a few months.

If a club wants Pogba, they can generate cash by flogging dead horses first rather than offering them to us.

AJ10

Isco is still a good player and would add to the squad. I still think Bale has some worth at the right price too. He could work as a stop gap on the right wing until we move for Sancho. Perhaps cash + Isco + Bale on loan for a couple of seasons would be better. Lets not forget that both players have played at the very elite level and would bring some experience to our weak dressing room.

There are countless players deemed 'past it' and 'shite' that get picked up by penny pinchers like Juve and go on to do a good job for them.
Whole point of wanting pogba out was due to his inconsistency and lack of fight. We'll only replace him with another inconsistent player/ one who lacks fight, both good players but both have the same problems.

Of course you never know how a transfer will turn out but bale not only seems past it due to number of injuries he's had but he's happy to sit on Madrid bench (Zidane wanted him out in his first term as well), he's happy to collect his pay whether he's part of the team or not, We have so many of those.

I wouldn't have minded bale on loan but he's not the same player he was 3 years ago.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I’m angry with Pogba, angry with the club and I hate so see Solskjær spouting out propaganda bullshit. It’s unworthy both him and the club. We look pathetic, unorganized and without any proper leadership.

I know everyone at the club is doing their best but atm this isn’t good enough. Ole Gunnar is a good guy, nice, diplomatic and sometimes well spoken but when I listen to his last interview it made me cringe. Stop that shit.

It sucks but we have to sell Pogba and Lukaku as ASAP. With them in the team going into next season we will continue to struggle. Motivation and hunger beats talents any day of the week. If Pogba and Lukaku stays then we will have a endless debate who’s to blame when things go south. If Ole Gunnar wants to stay at the club for the long haul then he must do a Fergie and clean the deck. He will receive support from match going fans, from local media and that will help him moving forward. He must be ruthless and put pressure on the owners and Woodward. He will win the media war and he will have the whole United nation behind him. This is his chance to go from a lame yes sayer to become a leader with authority and charisma. The club is crying for leadership and the owners will have no other choice then to back him up. Trust me. They can’t sack him now when things are so chaotic.

Take it Ole! It’s a win and win situation for you. Either they pay you a huge compensation pack, you will become a **** hero for the rest of your life, or they back you to the hill. I know what I would have done.

Delano

I'd sell Pogba in a heartbeat. Problem is, you know that when we do eventually sell him, we will get mugged off as we won't do a swap.

Whether we get £100m, £125m or £150m. Any replacement that we earmark will shoot up in value. That's the standard United Tax + our absolute desperation.

We're not prepared to replace him, that's why I'm worried that we will sell low and buy high. Maddison, Fernandes etc etc, whoever we go for, clubs will be absolutely delighted when Pogba goes and United come calling.

That doesn't just go for a CM replacement either, that goes for all positions. As every club will know we've got a wad of money.

The best thing we can do is get our house in order, agree deals for players in key areas and buy them when Pogba goes for a respectable fee. However, as we all know, we can only do one transfer at a time or panic buy.

I'm trying to think how this ends positively, but I fear that this is when our complete lack of transfer structure, fecks us over big time.

Nordskog

We have to move him on now, however, the fee has to be right. His price will never be higher so we may as well just cut ties. I believe the club also has to put a 'No Raiola' rule in place; he agitates too much and too often.

2 man midfield

I just can't see us letting him go this summer, unless a crazy offer comes in. No-one seems willing to put the money up, and we can't afford to spend the next 5 weeks wasting time on this deal. We needed 2 midfielders before Pogba wanted out. He's got 3 years left, I think we'll try and replace him next summer having hopefully made the champions league.

R'hllor

Spare me of this outrage, go check his thread from summer transfer window, what a joke this is.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Of course he was, Mourinho was the problem for most of the entire team. Mourinho needed to feck off and this despite the current situation with Pogba. How everyone started to play much better he got fired for a little while is a good example that Mourinho hampered the whole team.
Funny how perspectives can differ here because for me it's a good example how much potential this team had and couldn't have been bothered to bring out under Mourinho because he was the big bad one, just to up their game massively to get a contract for good guy Ole just to start taking shit on him by playing like shit again against mighty Huddersfields and Brightons at the end of the season.

I genuinely cannot wait for dabber to feck off already and possibly take the Lingards and Joneses of this club with him while we're at it. If we're getting rid of one clown, might as well get rid of the whole circus.

Tel074

He isn't even the best midfielder in Manchester.

He isn't
I'd sell Pogba in a heartbeat. Problem is, you know that when we do eventually sell him, we will get mugged off as we won't do a swap.

Whether we get £100m, £125m or £150m. Any replacement that we earmark will shoot up in value. That's the standard United Tax + our absolute desperation.

We're not prepared to replace him, that's why I'm worried that we will sell low and buy high. Maddison, Fernandes etc etc, whoever we go for, clubs will be absolutely delighted when Pogba goes and United come calling.

That doesn't just go for a CM replacement either, that goes for all positions. As every club will know we've got a wad of money.

The best thing we can do is get our house in order, agree deals for players in key areas and buy them when Pogba goes for a respectable fee. However, as we all know, we can only do one transfer at a time or panic buy.

I'm trying to think how this ends positively, but I fear that this is when our complete lack of transfer structure, fecks us over big time.

This.

That is my fear as well. We have zero transfer structures in place we take forever to close deals and that's us armed with a list of players we have wanted for a while now . Imagine us trying to now also replace lukaku and Pogba in the time left in this window.

Last edited by a moderator:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Funny how perspectives can differ here because for me it's a good example how much potential this team had and couldn't have been bothered to bring out under Mourinho because he was the big bad one, just to up their game massively to get a contract for good guy Ole just to start taking shit on him by playing like shit again against mighty Huddersfields and Brightons at the end of the season.

I genuinely cannot wait for dabber to feck off already and possibly take the Lingards and Joneses of this club with him while we're at it. If we're getting rid of one clown, might as well get rid of the whole circus.
Mourinho was at fault, the players were too. I never meant to place the whole blame on him. Our situation is too complicated for that. Everyone shares part of the responsibility

red4ever 79

I just can't see us letting him go this summer, unless a crazy offer comes in. No-one seems willing to put the money up, and we can't afford to spend the next 5 weeks wasting time on this deal. We needed 2 midfielders before Pogba wanted out. He's got 3 years left, I think we'll try and replace him next summer having hopefully made the champions league.
Not a hope in hell he will stay this summer. Both he and his agent have publically declared they want out. We knew that I believe at the end of the season so should have recruited his replacements already. Club is far to slow and lethargic in the transfer market. You cant keep any player who doesnt want to be here let alone a p*ick who only tries in around 30% of the matches anyway

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not necessarily.

He still has 3 years of contract left with Man Utd.

He has stated his wishes through the mouth of his agent. Fair enough.

The club should do the same, through the mouth of our manager. Simple as.

If we can reach an agreement that suits both parties, great. If not, well, not looking good for mr.Pogba is it.
Simply don't play him. Easy. There's tons of young french lads coming up in this world who can pull a shift in the France NT like he does. Nobody is irreplacable.
See how he likes it.
Also, let's see how his social media goes after the big bad Paul Pogba can't flash his new haircuts if he's on the stands for the whole season.

It could backfire of course. Anything in life can. We could lose 5 games on the go, making life hard for ourselves and Ole, but hell, I'm behind the club, not the individual.
My point is that the moment we say we want him gone his price will drop. So let's keep our cool and negotiate a deal.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Can't really blame him for wanting to play at the top level

Especially when we are being linked with players like Longstaff and Maguire rather than De Ligt, Griezeman and Neymar, whilst extending the contracts on a load of pretty average players

Last edited:

Patrick08

Not a hope in hell he will stay this summer. Both he and his agent have publically declared they want out. We knew that I believe at the end of the season so should have recruited his replacements already. Club is far to slow and lethargic in the transfer market. You cant keep any player who doesnt want to be here let alone a p*ick who only tries in around 30% of the matches anyway
He stays until we get the offer we value him for.

Yagami

Good post resistant

I wouldn't get your hopes up, mate. Jones got a new contract and I believe we're currently negotiating a new one with Lingard to boot.

2 man midfield

I tend to agree, he's made his own position here untenable. Under ordinary circumstances he'd have been booted out the door.

We don't have that luxury though. We don't have a midfield even with him in it, so it would be crazy to let him leave. We've let Herrera and Fellaini leave an already lacking midfield, and signed no-one. We currently only have Matic, McTominay, Fred, Pereira and Pogba. That's dog shit.

We can't afford to get involved in drawn-out negotiations for Pogba's exit when he only have 4 weeks left. We needed 2 signings already, if Pogba goes we need 3. That's 3 signings to broker, plus Pogba's exit, plus signings in other areas we're supposedly after such as centre back. Even if we pull off that impossible task, we still haven't sorted our right wing out (which I personally think is our biggest mistake of all). All in 1 month. We can't afford to let him leave, so I think we'll do a Ronaldo and squeeze one more year out of him.

El Zoido

He’s leaving to get away from these jokers.

redshaw

With the Coutinho transfer of 140 million, I'm reading that it was 105 which rises to 140. How likely is it to rise to 140, I didn't follow the transfer closely.

Also we have to remember Liverpool stuck to their guns and rejected bids under 100 million and started the season with him and sold in Jan.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He offered him more money than Juventus did and went to his house and pleaded with him to stay
Did he? Always thought Fergie was secretly aware of Pogba's attitude issues and therefore wasn't as inclined to ensure his commitment to the club by introducing him to the first team as early as he might have otherwise. But if what you say is true then that's fair enough and I was likely mistaken.

Cathy Ferguson

Lukaku Koulibaily swap, sell Pogba bring in Yedder and Eriksen or Maddison. That would make us into a great team along with signing Longstaff.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
He is poisonous, your very own Arnoutovic (sp?). No player is worth that much disruption within their club. Shame he has a ton of value locked up.

izec

I dont think there is a lot to discuss. Bring in the replacements (Bruno, Lo Celso, Olmo or whoever + other positions to fill in (CM/DM, CB, attacker) and take as much money possible for him after spending the cash. Same for Lukaku.

We could get around 220m for the pair of them. That would almost finance our whole summer.

15m James, 50m AWB, 80m Maguire, 60m Bruno/Lo Celso, 30m Longstaff, 40m Ben Yedder is approximately 275m give or take. Net spend around 50m is good business.

i want to see a spending spree now and then sell these cnuts after that. I would wish we would sell some more, like Bailly, Rojo, Darmian, maybe even DDG (i doubt he wants to leave now when his contract is up in a year).

DickDastardly

My point is that the moment we say we want him gone his price will drop. So let's keep our cool and negotiate a deal.
Yeah, of course. Goes without saying.

Everybody be cool! This is a robery!

I do think we're going to sell him this month. The signs are all there...he's not yet back, the social media on both sides is pretty quiet.
He hasn't posted a Man Utd relevant photo since April. The club is keeping things hush hush for now but i believe things are rolling behind the scenes.

His best bet is RM. Their midfield is getting older (Modrić, Kroos)...and Zidane is back, they're both French....makes all the sense in the world.

Hope he fecking flops. Hate Barca too, but just for the piss of it, hope he's second he's whole career.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There are ready made replacements for him this summer. Just get it done and look at integrating new joiners in as quickly as possible.

As I type this I realise we won't do that and itl be a long fecked up saga.

JK-27

:lol:

Yeah it was binary, once Jose was gone everything would move from 0 to 1.

It's all cumulative. We are shit now because of Jose and his shit season till December. Do you disagree with that?
Absolutely I disagree. There was a massive turn around when Ole joined and everyone said it was because Jose was shit, but then we went back to being shit. That shows it's the players that downed tools once again, not the manager who was/is the issue.

3rd most points in the league counting the period after Mourinho left, that's not worse. Chelsea have lost their best player as well as a great manager this summer. Arsenal are seemingly struggling to strengthen their squad with a fairly low transfer budget. We should be favourites to finish top 4 ahead of those clubs.
You're basing your statement on a prediction of the future, not the recent past (i.e., you're guessing).

Chelsea lost hazard and cant buy anything, Arsenal bought noone and have no money, easy to see why.
So Chelsea lost their best player so that's while they'll regress, yet we're about to lose Pogba, are you saying we'll improve? As for Arsenal, transfer window is going to be open for quite a while, we have no idea if they will or won't buy anyone.

Water Melon

Mino's comments to press definetely reflect Pogba's wishes. If he wants out, then they need to bring the money, tons of it. Pogba is a class player, but he has never been a world-class player for United on a consistent basis. Sell him for big money and get 2 quality midfielders instead.
All the best Paul, you are a quality player, but we will be better off without you in the long-term. By the way, half-arsed performances are not allowed in Madrid. Hope your charisma does not suffer much after a couple of booes by thousands of fans.