Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Make a run and Pogba will find you, we have been too static as a team for too long now, With James, Rashford, Martial and Lingard making runs . Pogba will come into his own. He needs to stay and build the play from him, the guy is world class. True his attitude is questionable, lets do what they used to do in the army when they had a problem soldier. Promote them, let's try him out as captain and see if that gives him an attitude change.

Art Vandelay

Make a run and Pogba will find you, we have been too static as a team for too long now, With James, Rashford, Martial and Lingard making runs . Pogba will come into his own. He needs to stay and build the play from him, the guy is world class. True his attitude is questionable, lets do what they used to do in the army when they had a problem soldier. Promote them, let's try him out as captain and see if that gives him an attitude change.
Unless he's busy turning in a circle or trying to hold players off to show that he can. We tried promoting him, he was made vice captain and it lead to him mouthing off in the press even after we won matches and then being stripped off him. He's going to be inconsistent no matter what we do, he's not a kid and he's not potential. This is just the way he is.

I'd still rather he was gone, but with Bale staying I doubt Real can afford him now.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If we can hold him this year, think it will be a huge coup. You never know what happens next year. Zidane could be out and if some one who doesn't fancy PP (like Jose) takes over then he will stay with us.
Guy is quality. We just need to give him the right set of players around him. Unfortunately Matic as DM hasn't done any favors. A mobile DM like Kante or Fernandinho could help.

0le

It would be a disaster to lose him this late on in the transfer window unless we had a replacement already lined up - and who in their right mind would bet that we do?

United_We_Stand

He isn't going anywhere. Understandably, there will be more pressure from their fans and media on Florentino Perez to sign Pogba, but it won't happen because they don't have the money. In fact, there isn't any real news about Pogba in Madrid media, mostly opinion columns and wishful thinking/fanfiction stories.

dev1l

I think he ll stay one more last season and then move to Madrid next year when.they ll have more funds available

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Make a run and Pogba will find you, we have been too static as a team for too long now, With James, Rashford, Martial and Lingard making runs . Pogba will come into his own. .
3 of those 4 players have been regulars during the static times. What's going to change?

cyberman

All our forwards do is make runs. We haven't the quality on the ball and that's the problems. Out forwards run all day.
Pogba has shown a worrying tendancy to shut down when being man marked. He just goes into his shell regardless of who is running where.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All our forwards do is make runs. We haven't the quality on the ball and that's the problems. Out forwards run all day.
Pogba has shown a worrying tendancy to shut down when being man marked. He just goes into his shell regardless of who is running where.
This is it. You can't just have a forward line of runners, despite the fantasy of all that pace.

That's how Mata is still in any conversation, as he's a ball player pure and simple.

Pogba of course will get shut down and man marked, it'd be insanity not to happen. Teams will know Matic, McTom for two don't have any creativity.

Maybe Fred can step up, but even he's a bit of a knock and run merchant.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
3 of those 4 players have been regulars during the static times. What's going to change?
Maybe instead of marking FBs, they might play as attackers this season.

Gasolin

This is it. You can't just have a forward line of runners, despite the fantasy of all that pace.

That's how Mata is still in any conversation, as he's a ball player pure and simple.

Pogba of course will get shut down and man marked, it'd be insanity not to happen. Teams will know Matic, McTom for two don't have any creativity.

Maybe Fred can step up, but even he's a bit of a knock and run merchant.
Scott will step up this year.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think he ll stay one more last season and then move to Madrid next year when.they ll have more funds available
Why do people keep saying this. There's no guarantee we'll still be interested in him next year

Someone likely will be, but there's no guarantee of that

Gasolin

Why do people keep saying this. There's no guarantee we'll still be interested in him next year

Even better then. I’m sure depending on your season he will quickly forget about his interest in Real as well!

The United

The way the club and other pushing the angle that Paul is a nice guy etc makes me think he will have a new contract and stay for awhile yet. Or at least one more year.

Zed 101

If Pogba stays he either plays brilliantly and his price goes up, we are even more resistant to his sale or he goes into his shell again and his value goes down.... the only real positive way forward is if Utd start to gel, and Pogba sees the value in staying.... for an inflated contract of course

SATA

So which is better for the team? Pogba or Bruno + Savic? For me it’s the former. I don’t really trust the latter two to do what Pogba can in the Premier League

rotherham_red

This.

As far as I'm aware, it isn't Perez who is pushing for the deal, it's Zidane. And the fans according to Marca's polling would prefer Van den Beek and/or Eriksen, with the latter also being Perez' preference.

Personally, I don't see Zidane lasting the season, not because of the preseason results, but because he's bought Hazard to be the focal point of a team with a Ronaldo-shaped hole in it. Hazard is many things but he isn't Ronaldo, and his inconsistency in the application of his talent during the season will result in Real having an equally patchy season.

My bet is 3rd in the league, QF in CL and maybe a CDR. I don't think that will be enough to keep him in the job, IMO.

And with Zidane out, and no other serious suitors on the horizon, Pogba will likely stay and sign a new contract. Personally I'm not fussed with him staying or going, but if he does go, we need to bleed the buying club dry.

Artorias

So which is better for the team? Pogba or Bruno + Savic? For me it’s the former. I don’t really trust the latter two to do what Pogba can in the Premier League
I prefer the Bruno + Savic combo to be honest. Pogba is a great player on his day, but he will go (if not this year, the next one). So, in a long term plan, is better to just sell him now and use the money bringing 2 players.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s going nowhere. Not this late in the window.
Spanish window closes end of August, and Pogba will be off.
No replacement, the club's happy with what we've got.

vanderpants

One of the bonuses at working at MCR airport, just had a selfie with pogba and asked if he was staying, I just got a big grin!

lysglimt

Scout
One of the bonuses at working at MCR airport, just had a selfie with pogba and asked if he was staying, I just got a big grin!
That might be true - but how can you determine what a big grin means ? It could mean "Of course" - and it might just as well mean "Yeah….RIGHT"

Devil81

A smile could mean both things though, he could be grinning as he knows he can't say anything.

TsuWave

Completely disagree with you - he appears to have a lot of ability
Fair enough. I don’t get where people are getting the evidence that he has/appears to have a lot of ability from, especially creatively, but opinions and all.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I remember a few years back, a young Juventus supporter asked him the same question, also got a large grin and a Juve shirt signed....and we all know that he signed for United a week later..!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Mctominay seems like a nice kid, he just doesn’t have the ability nor creativity.
Not sure I agree with that matey. I reckon he's got loads of ability and potential. And after seeing him brush Kane aside last week he appears to be a big strong lad with no fear of anyone. Just what we need. I'd start him in the opening fixture, no doubt.

yamo123x

Can anyone really blame Pogba for wanting to leave? The chance to work with twice champions league winning manager who by all accounts is an idol of his, to play alongside quality experienced players like Casemiro, Modric, Isco, kroos, a wage increase, image rights, huge signing on fee etc etc AS opposed to working with nice guy OGS who has won nothing and playing alongside the likes of Matic, Fred, Mata, Pereira and Mctominay in a team showing no major ambition or investment. This is the reality.

We cannot deny it was disgraceful how he downed tools last season, but this shows how important he was for the team, when he played well so did the team. In addition people may argue where is his loyalty, yes loyalty should play a part, but could you honestly blame him for not having his head turned?

I hope he stays and signs a new contract but the fact that Bruno and SMS are being sounded out is surely a sign that he is off. Talk in Spain is that Madrid are confident so we will have to see.

We need Ole to come out and put all this to bed, but he is not and this tells me he is off.

At this point im guessing Utd have said he can go if they receive 150mill, so we can re-invest in Bruno SMS and Maguire.
Now Bale move has fell through, this changes it all as Madrid cannot get the funds within FFP rules.

The next few weeks will certainly be interesting