g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Pogba Tests Positive for Coronavirus

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If that's the case then that potentially impacts Drogba and Declan Rice (who were in Greece with Mount and co) aswell.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

Hopefully nothing serious happens to him.

Just typical the coverage he gets on it. It’s a clear bias towards him and Manchester United. Half a squad of Chelsea players have it and no report but Pogba makes headline news for both BBC and Sky.

MoskvaRed

Hope Paul makes a speedy recovery.

How hard is it to say that about one of our players? I even wished Boris well and I think he’s a fully paid up cnut.

charlie C

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully nothing serious happens to him.

Just typical the coverage he gets on it. It’s a clear bias towards him and Manchester United. Half a squad of Chelsea players have it and no report but Pogba makes headline news for both BBC and Sky.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53933583
No bias, this is something we all will have to get used to during the season. It isn't realistic for the players of any team to be cocooned in safety from the virus for a full season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wish him a speedy, and importantly, a FULL recovery. We don’t want any lingering effects once he’s healthy. Also hope his child and pregnant wife are safe.

On another note, does this count as his latest ‘off-field antic?’

Smores

Part of me wants to question the judgement of all these footballers and the example they're setting, mainly the Chelsea nightclub incident. Pogba may have just been unlucky of course but in general there's going to be some pissed off managers with half teams at preseason.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Part of me wants to question the judgement of all these footballers and the example they're setting, mainly the Chelsea nightclub incident. Pogba may have just been unlucky of course but in general there's going to be some pissed off managers with half teams at preseason.
Do we know if Paul has been away on holiday and where?

Paul_Scholes18

Is he healthy yet? Things happen quickly in this football world. Apart from us making transfers it takes forever.

sidsutton

Chelsea should get the antibodies from Kepa to treat the rest of the squad. He won't catch anything.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
These guys have been in a bubble together since the restart and will be in one again in a week or so, so of course they're going to use this small period of time inbetween to go out and do normal things like clubbing/seeing family and friends they've been apart from.

It's a risk but their mental health gets affected just like anyone else's from being locked in the same old places with the same old faces.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

charlie C

Supports
Chelsea
So what happens when teams play a CL game away and come back for a Saturday game? do those games get postponed for 2 weeks?
A question for the authorities, my guess is that the coming season will be more difficult than the couple of weeks that we had in order to get the last season finished. It could be that we just have to do without a player(s) in the same way as if they were injured.It isn't realistic that a player and his family will not enter situations that may incur quarantine. This virus is here to stay for foreseeable future, well known players will be highlighted as they come into contact with it, which is probably a good thing as it shows that any one of us might just get it ourselves.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
What will Souness say!
You'd think a professional footballer on that kind of money would have spent his holiday in an airtight diving bell at the north pole instead of going to the hairdresser twice a day and getting bubonic plau....(continued on pages, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc)

glazed

His age group it is true, but the ethnicity puts him a bit higher risk.
There's no evidence of a biological link between being black and getting corona. All the suggestions are environmental, to do with poverty, housing, obesity, likelihood of working in NHS etc

fergies coat

I hate him, and hate his stupid haircuts, but hope he makes a full recovery. Get well soon paul. All the best mate.

In all seriousness i think he'll be just fine.

Last edited:

glazed

I new calling him pogvirus would backfire someday :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"You are like a person with a flu, with a virus in a closed room - you pass that virus to the others."